5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding OEM Front Camera?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Meant 21/22,and I think you've guessed correctly again sir. I pulled the yellow and the white next to it if I remember correctly. I'll dive back in shortly.
Yup, pin 12 is white, canbus c+.

Daverous

Reaction score
Jacked something up I guess. Lost back up cam, passenger seat climate controls, and cargo cam buttons on the screen. Ugh...

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
Jacked something up I guess. Lost back up cam, passenger seat climate controls, and cargo cam buttons on the screen. Ugh...
When you unplug you radio you will temporarily loose those apps it take a couple of hours to come back, or use Tazer DT to reboot the radio that’s what i did my Rebel used 21 & 22 it’s a 2021 year

Daverous

Reaction score
Ah. Put my mind at ease there. Thanks guys! Did give me a minute to install the cargo cam while I panicked lol.

Daverous

Reaction score
Was there a radio reset available within alfaobd? Been looking for a minute without success. Looking to test before putting back together.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was there a radio reset available within alfaobd? Been looking for a minute without success. Looking to test before putting back together.
Yes, you would connect to the 2017 radio navigator module instead of the BCM. Reset ECU is in the list under active diagnostics.

Daverous

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy. That worked to bring back up the seat controls and cargo cam but the backup still hasn't loaded back up. It works when I put it in reverse and when I select it via the cargo screen, just no app. I'll give it a bit.

Also the camera isn't working still, haha. Tried 21/22 and 24/25. When I disconnect the power to it it flashes black like it's going to, but never actually displays an image. Maybe a bad unit.

Out of time to play with it today, unfortunately. I'll have to get back at it later.

Daverous

Reaction score
Backup camera app never came back. Ran down bcm settings and it all seems right, camera functions, and I can select it from the cargo camera screen. A bit stumped here yet again. Not a huge deal since I'm finally diving into the 360 I've put off for months.

bskubon

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a setting I can change to increase the time the cargo camera remains active? Is so, point me to it using AlfaObd, thanks, BTW, my install is finally done in my 2020 Limited 1500. Hardest part was getting the bumper trim below the headlights- must be a trick. Getting behind there to get that screw out wasn’t to bad, but took pulling and pushing around before trim came off. I replaced the RAM trim piece for the one with the camera hole. There’s a thin chrome piece below the RAM piece that goes the whole length on the non-camera, they wanted like $32 for the two shorter chrome pieces, I just cut down the original long piece, took out like a couple inches in the middle - this allows for the RAM bezel with the camera hole since the camera hole sticks down below the original bezel.

Evank33

Reaction score
Did some digging in here and could find if this works on the 8.4 with nav. If so is it pins 21+22?

Evank33

Reaction score
If anyone needs the pins for the connection to the radio, TE Connectivity offers free samples of the pins with free shipping.
Part #: 638551-3

Pompito

Reaction score
I just read the whole post and I'm a bit confused.
-Bought OBDlink MX+
-Bought Infotainment SGW Bypass
-Bought pins from mouser
-Bought RCA Video cable
-Bought Camera
-Will get alphaobd as soon as I figure this out.

What exactly do I have to change in alfaobd to make it happen?

thanks for the help!
2020 Rebel 12 Level 2, 12" U-Connect

toyboy1980

Reaction score
-Bought OBDlink MX+
-Bought pins from mouser
-Bought RCA Video cable
-Bought Camera

thanks for the help!
Sorry I can’t help with AlphaOBD. I used a TazerDT to activate.

Pompito

Reaction score
Sorry I can’t help with AlphaOBD. I used a TazerDT to activate.
I can switch to Tazer DT. I went with AlfaOBD beacuse, for what I've read, there are not too many things that can be done with Tazer DT. Or is it the same thing?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
-Bought OBDlink MX+
-Bought pins from mouser
-Bought RCA Video cable
-Bought Camera

thanks for the help!
Once connected to the body computer, go into car configuration change and change VehicleConfig 1: CHMSL camera to yes, and that’s it.

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
I can switch to Tazer DT. I went with AlfaOBD beacuse, for what I've read, there are not too many things that can be done with Tazer DT. Or is it the same thing?
i used Tazer so i have no info on alfa , with tazer i changed my tire size & tire pressures also activated front camera tazer does offer a lot of other stuff, idle up to help winch power , turn fan off to forward hi water.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
AlfaOBD is the more powerful of the two tools for sure, though you can do quite a few things with a TazerDT.

Users who are viewing this thread