5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, this helps. And you were able to get this done on 2021 2500 ram? Did you have to take the gauge cluster out out in order to do the bypass?

Unless the active bypass module is needed for the swap, the preference on HD trucks is to use a bypass cable (KAOdTECH preferred) plugged into the LIN/CAN bus blocks behind the headlight switch and stay out of the cluster.

I think the only reason the active bypass is needed is it gives access to the radio ecu for resets instead of waiting or pulling the fuse.

cbelveal

Reaction score
So believe I have a complete list of parts and numbers to get the 8.4non nav to a 12in screen. Please correct me if you see something wrong or other part numbers that would work. This is for a 2021 Ram 2500 Laramie with Mountain brown and frost beige interior.

Center Stack- 68370849AC ($700)
LVDS Cable- 68082364AC ($30)
Kaodtech Bypass Module to avoid tearing apart cluster ($55)
OBDLink MX+ ($115)
AlpaOBD for Windows ($free?)
Custom Wire Bypass for module and possibly custom cable for hazards from @Jimmy07 (Jimmy any comments on this and how I get in touch with you?)
Radio Media Module-68472388AH ($930)
Bezel Mountain Brown 6EJ802N1AE ($305)
Rubber mat for bezel 6MB16TX7AA ($10)

cbelveal

Reaction score
Hey Guys new to the forum and also new to the Mopar family. I ordered a 2021 3500 Big Horn at the end of February and she should be getting delivered to the dealership hopefully within the next couple of weeks. I wanted to see if any of you who have completed the 12.1” radio swap couple help me by telling me if I have the correct parts in order to install them. The truck will be coming with the 8.4” non Nav display. This morning I ordered the radio module(68472388af) and the center stack(68425514ab). I know that I still have to order the instrument panel bezel which I don’t know the part number. My truck has the all black interior. Does anyone happen to that part number. Also the jumper cable that the mopar site is giving me that fits my truck is part #52112491AC. Besides these main pieces and the AlphaOBD + OBDLink. Is there anything else I’m missing?
Were you able to get it going with the 68472388af module and 68425514ab center stack? Is that jumper cable just a LVDS cable?

Jeremy1974

Reaction score
Good Morning RAMMERS!
So yesterday I went to the dealer to go help negociate/study numbers.. MAN THESE guys are using crazy tactics! I feel bad for people who go in there without guidance as my friend...

N e ways.. I went to go look at the new RAM GTs.. Us/we who did the upgrade and got the performance pages BASICALLY have a GT now LOL!!! all we are missing is that nice sports steering wheel and FLoor Shifter(pretty cool actually) ...
Did the Performance pages auto unlock, or was it required to use an aftermarket tool?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need AlfaOBD, bypass cable and OBD scanner.
You need to enable them with AlfaOBD
Below gives you the off road pages and performance pages.

VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present = YES
VehConfig 2-Off-road Capable =YES
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present =YES

g00fy

Reaction score
You need AlfaOBD, bypass cable and OBD scanner.
You need to enable them with AlfaOBD
Below gives you the off road pages and performance pages.

It should be noted for anyone with an HD, you can only do Offroad pages. If you try and do both, neither will work, and if you try to do just the performance pages, they still won't work.

I've tried all different settings and combinations to try and get Performance pages on my 2500, and they just don't work, I can get the Icon to show up, and i can try and open it, but i get a black loading screen for a minute before it gives me a glitched out error box that says the App isn't available.

pdavey

Reaction score
It should be noted for anyone with an HD, you can only do Offroad pages. If you try and do both, neither will work, and if you try to do just the performance pages, they still won't work.

I've tried all different settings and combinations to try and get Performance pages on my 2500, and they just don't work, I can get the Icon to show up, and i can try and open it, but i get a black loading screen for a minute before it gives me a glitched out error box that says the App isn't available.
I have noticed the same thing on my Ram 2500

2019 Power Wagon

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I did both and the off-road pages work.

Georgf

Reaction score
Can someone tell me this module 68429169AB will fit my 2019 big horn?

Thomas1023

Reaction score
I upgraded to 39.7 but almost none of the features on the performance and off road pages work. I get “- -“ instead of the numbers, also pitch and roll stay at 0, is this to be expected or is there a way to make them function? I have a 2020 dt retro fit 12”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toperz

Reaction score
I upgraded to 39.7 but almost none of the features on the performance and off road pages work. I get “- -“ instead of the numbers, also pitch and roll stay at 0, is this to be expected or is there a way to make them function? I have a 2020 dt retro fit 12”

Some of them gonna work when you start driving but I think those performance pages are for mainly for TRX or maybe for REBEL.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

The pitch and roll pages work at speeds below 25 mph.

The performance pages are definitely not for the Rebel.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the PR39 Software update the Navigation to new maps, roads… etc?

pdavey

Reaction score
Do you know where I can find them? Post#?

They have to be purchased via the uconnect website. They are a licensed product.

Suggest you use Google maps or Waze or similar through Android Auto/Apple Pay if you want the latest up to date maps for free.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Porterhouse

Reaction score
I used the following but this is just the major parts. Small hardware is needed for mounting everything.

Radio module / brain 68317978AF is what I used. A newer or older part number will be fine.

LVDS video cable: 68082364AC was the cheapest one I could find and I used. ( Dodge Journey )
or
68417577AA ( Ram 1500 )
or
5064684AD ( Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger )

Screen: 68312620AF with lane assist and parking buttons at the top
or
Screen: 68420967AD with only hazards button at the top

Bezel for the screen: Now this is a little tricky with different trims. Please verify color and prices vary widely.
Mountain Brown/Lt Frost Beige or Black 6EJ801N1AA
Mountain Brown/Lt Mountain Brown 6EJ811N6AA
Black/New Saddle 6EJ812XTAA
Indigo/Frost or Black 6EJ822C1AA
Mountain Brown/Lt Frost Beige, Black Interior Accents 6EZ151N1AA
Black, Black Interior Accents 6EZ152X9AA
All color Big Horn or Lonestar 6UV463XLAA
Black, Sport Badge 6UV473X9AB

Mat that fits in the top center: 6MB16TX7AA

Bolts that hold the screen to the trim are M5 X 0.8 x 12mm

Correction 8.4" Nav and Non Nav will need this or a pinout change. The 8.4" Nav will still use the blue connector and this adaptor. If you use the 8.4" nav screen connector without blue tape the hazards will not work when you switch to the 12" setup. On 8.4" setups the hazards wiring is still in the blue tapped connector and not the screen module connector.
HVAC plug with blue tape will also need repined before plugging into the screen. I made several and have them ready to ship just PM me.
View attachment 42678
Where did you get the connector from or what did I need make the connecter

Montag84

Reaction score
Does the 8.4 support performance pages?

+1 I changed the three settings referenced in this thread

and the timers in the gauge cluster immediately worked, but nothing on the radio screen.

I guess I need to try the following:
VehConfig 1-Special Package
DT TRX/Laramie Limited
Or set it to SRT

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/