5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I recently took a tour of Ford's Dearborn plant (where they make 1,000+ F150s a day) and we walked past a QA parking lot (not sure if this was the only one). You could see writing on the trucks what their issue was (some said water pump, etc), and while the lot was full, there was only about 40 trucks in it.

Love my '19 Ram, but this clusterF launch of the 25s isn't good for Stellantis (nor for our resale values)!
agree with CharlieFox for the current situation

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I recently took a tour of Ford's Dearborn plant (where they make 1,000+ F150s a day) and we walked past a QA parking lot (not sure if this was the only one). You could see writing on the trucks what their issue was (some said water pump, etc), and while the lot was full, there was only about 40 trucks in it.

Love my '19 Ram, but this clusterF launch of the 25s isn't good for Stellantis (nor for our resale values)!
I can only imagine. Yes this launch seems to be having issues, but I'm guessing most of them do. I've also been on the auto industry and heard that it's often cheaper to keep the lines running and fix issues offline ....now at what point that inflection point changes is another story and I think we seen that eluded to by the Stellantis CEO.

PetePA

Reaction score
All of these recent comments align with the CEO's comments on improving DRR (direct run rate) at SHAP. It's really the only thing that makes sense as a root cause as to why the trucks aren't being produced.

Also, in support of this being the root cause is the fact that information as to the delays is not being given. If production delays were being caused by raw material issues (transmissions, etc.) then we would be hearing about it from Stellantis. However, it's in Stellantis' best interest to not communicate quality issues to the media or customers as it calls into question the quality of trucks being put out into the market.

Fortunately, this is being handled through shipment delays and not through increasing risk of recalls... to the best of our knowledge.

Utahjazzman

Reaction score
The big question, will any of us get our trucks this year? I am honestly starting to doubt it. At this point I am going to start looking at alternatives. What a mess this has been. Ordered a Limited in January and then ordered a rebel in May. Neither has been scheduled.

PetePA

Reaction score
The big question, will any of us get our trucks this year? I am honestly starting to doubt it. At this point I am going to start looking at alternatives. What a mess this has been. Ordered a Limited in January and then ordered a rebel in May. Neither has been scheduled.

Sounds like our best chance of knowing is finding someone who lives in or near Sterling Heights that is able to see how many cars are moving out of their "rework" lot. Sure as hell not getting any good information from Stellantis!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can only imagine. Yes this launch seems to be having issues, but I'm guessing most of them do. I've also been on the auto industry and heard that it's often cheaper to keep the lines running and fix issues offline ....now at what point that inflection point changes is another story and I think we seen that eluded to by the Stellantis CEO.
I'd agree with you on that, but this "launch" was largely unchanged when you compare it to the 2019 launch, that didn't have issues like this. This has Stellantis all over it...
Sounds like our best chance of knowing is finding someone who lives in or near Sterling Heights that is able to see how many cars are moving out of their "rework" lot. Sure as hell not getting any good information from Stellantis!
7,000 trucks likely isn't just parked around SHAP, but in lots around Detroit. I was up around Dearborn and Grosse Point a few weeks ago, no lots full of Rams that I could see

PetePA

Reaction score
We were stuck at 12 Tungstens on the eshop for a while. Yesterday it went up to 13 and today 15. A couple of them aren't pending sale.

18 Tungstens on the eshop as of this morning. All but 2 are "sale pending".

KubotaTed

Reaction score
Just received a proactive call from my dealer. (He checks the status of his ordered trucks weekly. I really appreciate that extra legwork on his end.)

My Tungsten build was originally scheduled to ship the 3rd week of August and now the status has slipped to the 3rd week of September. Very similar to what others are saying, but thought I'd add a data point to the conversation.

Dumb question to the group.... are all trim levels of the RAM 1500 assembled at SHAP, or are there other locations? (For example the F-150 has everything Lariat and higher at Dearborn, but below the Lariat trim is assembled in KC) EDIT: after some inter web looking - all 5th gen 1500 are in Sterling Heights, MI (SHAP). Classic RAMs are at Warren, MI.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread