5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxman

Reaction score
Seeing Ben Hardy dropping youtube videos of Limited on lots. That should be good news to you limited guys.

trmc47

Reaction score
Agree with everything.

Clarification - Mine is still in D1. Point of my previous post was that my dealer was pissy with me for continuing to ask him about it.

I would guess that mid-week they start up the plant with the intent of running Tungstens. I bet they start with a couple and begin ramping up similar to what they've done with other trim levels. Their priority will probably be sold orders (ours).

I can't see them not weaving in the Limiteds with Level A though. I just don't know what that will look like. However, considering all of our (Tungstens) estimated ship dates are within the first 2 weeks of August, I bet they do both at the same time.

Comments from the CEO lead me to believe that they've been letting the plant do these slow ramp ups to gain efficiencies. I have a feeling that, based on comments from dealerships, he's swung too far towards operational efficiencies and will swing back a little towards supporting dealerships. In other words, the plant will probably have to deal with quicker ramp-ups or simultaneous ramp ups. However, not to the extent that it's had to deal with in recent years.
If you check at true car, they show 7 Tungstens available nationwide. That
would indicate Ram has been building them.

Peterhenric

Reaction score
Those Limiteds in the reviews don’t have the MF tailgate or the limited level 1 packages. Those were the 2 packages that were restricted for a while when ordering. Those ordering restrictions have been lifted now.

Foxman

Reaction score
Looks like those 7 tungstens are "being built" and are not yet on the lot. That, to me, would reaffirm by theory that they are going to run some high end trucks next week. Hopefully....a few of us get some "in production" status changes some time next week.

Foxman

Reaction score
When I ordered my 2019 RAM, we build out a google sheet on the forum for everyone to track their orders. That way we can see at a glance what the status of everyone's build.

If you would like to participate and check out everyone's status, maybe someone could sticky this spreadsheet to the top of the thread. I don't know any moderators, but maybe someone more familiar with the forum can offer some improved visibility for us to gather more data.

Link below to the google sheet.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I tried to get in touch with Mopar FCA Customer Care and what a PITA that was. I had called them earlier this year, and got a case opened up when I asked about the availability of the Forged Blue. I've mentioned this a couple of times, and like others, all they would say is "late availability." I responded to the old emails for that case, and got an auto response that the case was closed, and if I still had questions.....(duh - yes, I do) .....I should contact them. Nothing at all about HOW to contact them. So I tried a few things on-line and nothing that allowed email seemed to exist. I finally responded to the email I just got about my case being closed. Immediate auto-response that the email address does not accept incoming email, but this one gave me a link!! I tried it, and ... sadly, it said the webpage no longer exists. Imagine that. You have to chat, call, or snail mail. I tried the chat - and after 25 minutes of going up through the chain to "next in line" it said there were no agents available. So I called. after quite a while, and a very annoying voice response system, it finally told me there were no agents available. this was the middle of the day, right in the middle of their posted hours.
Not really a good sign....

Peterhenric

Reaction score
When I ordered my 2019 RAM, we build out a google sheet on the forum for everyone to track their orders. That way we can see at a glance what the status of everyone's build.

If you would like to participate and check out everyone's status, maybe someone could sticky this spreadsheet to the top of the thread. I don't know any moderators, but maybe someone more familiar with the forum can offer some improved visibility for us to gather more data.

Link below to the google sheet.
I click on that link to try and add my info but it won’t let me. Any input on how to do it?

Peterhenric

Reaction score
Thanks. Let me see if I need to adjust permissions. Sorry, may need to troubleshoot this a bit. Try again now.
Still no dice. I click the link and it brings it up in read only mode. No way to edit it. I have google sheets installed on my phone as well. No luck.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
this may be off-topic for this thread (if so, I'm sorry).
I'm still waiting to place my order for a Tungsten (mostly waiting for the blue). I was not going to get the Off Road Group, but was just looking at it again. Couple of questions about it:
Do you give up the LSD if you get the ORG? Looks like the ORG has the locker, so I assume it's an either or choice. I really would rather have the LSD.... but interested in thoughts/opinions on this.
The ORG says it has a 1" lift. Does this mean the air suspension only has one single Off Road height (instead of two)?

Users who are viewing this thread