5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peterhenric

Reaction score
GMC makes a real nice vehicle. Very well equipped. For me, it was down to the Denali and the Limited Ram. Admittedly, I got lucky that I wasn’t in the market for a new truck until about 3 weeks ago. I’d be pretty unhappy if it took 6 months from order until now and still not have a date. It was only 1 week from when I wanted to place the order until they opened up all the options that I wanted so I could actually do it.

The air ride suspension, that HO motor, and the looks of the Ram were definitely deal makers going to Ram instead of GMC.

Hoping that whatever is going on with the transmission gets fixed soon.

PetePA

Reaction score
GMC makes a real nice vehicle. Very well equipped. For me, it was down to the Denali and the Limited Ram. Admittedly, I got lucky that I wasn’t in the market for a new truck until about 3 weeks ago. I’d be pretty unhappy if it took 6 months from order until now and still not have a date. It was only 1 week from when I wanted to place the order until they opened up all the options that I wanted so I could actually do it.

The air ride suspension, that HO motor, and the looks of the Ram were definitely deal makers going to Ram instead of GMC.

Couldn't agree more with your post.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had it with Stellantis. One excuse or none at all for 6 months. I understand the A Group is now available and I've gotten anywhere from 4 months to 6 months on delivery. I got several competitive quotes on my intended Limited Longhorn order the past week and then . . . . . .

In the past two days I drove a '24 GMC Denali and dealer let me take a similar one home for a day. The one arriving this week has everything I want (6.2) and nothing a don't want. It was a rare find this late in the year and it was 7 hrs away. I have decided on that truck and intend to come back to look at RAM for the 2027 year and perhaps even sooner.

The confusion and chaos that Stellantis seems to be going through the past 6 months does not bode well for me implying questionable quality checks and customer service. Some of the guys with the SO engine are going through multiple CELs and tying up their vehicle at shops and techs having no idea how to correct new software. One has contacted his attorney for complete vehicle refund. I'm not saying that will happen with the HO trims or even most of the SOs but with new rambus electrical and 2 yr new engines I've decided to wait. I will still have value if I want to trade back to RAM in a couple of years.

I like the RAM features and have waited more than 6 months based on Stellantis ads and rumors. Now, another 2-6 months. I've just lost my patience and confidence in Stellantis and need a new truck.

I'm sure that those of you waiting on orders will be happy with your RAM as I might have been also. We all know you don't hear all the successes on these forums. I just got tired of all the lack of communication, rumors, dealer lack of support from Corporate and a few issues popping up with the SO side of things. I will watch the new models and wish all of you the best of luck and happy driving. The '25 looks outstanding and I'll miss my ram boxes, air suspension and other items but I'll have a decent truck for a couple of years anyway and likely I'll be back in a RAM.
You made the right choice!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Until you have a build date, don't jinx yourself!

dammitbobby

Reaction score
It’s odd, my truck has been scheduled for assembly since 6/24 however, I’ve still yet to get a build date/ship date. Ram care has no info and neither does my dealer on top of that I have yet to receive an email from ram letting me know about the change in status. It’s just frustrating I’m hoping to get my truck by late August…

PetePA

Reaction score
It’s odd, my truck has been scheduled for assembly since 6/24 however, I’ve still yet to get a build date/ship date. Ram care has no info and neither does my dealer on top of that I have yet to receive an email from ram letting me know about the change in status. It’s just frustrating I’m hoping to get my truck by late August…
That's weird... The part about your dealer now having an estimated ship date once it's in D1. Regarding you getting an email, it doesn't appear that they send an email with estimated ship date.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
That's weird... The part about your dealer now having an estimated ship date once it's in D1. Regarding you getting an email, it doesn't appear that they send an email with estimated ship date.
Not an email with estimated ship date but an email saying it’s in D1.. also according to my dealer it’s not in D1. Just very odd. Because rams website clearly states it is in D1

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
@Pikeman_66 I haven't seen you post lately. Did you cancel your Ram order or just laying low in patience lol??
Sorry been in Northern Wisconsin all last week. I haven’t canceled it as my dealer is doing everything he can to make sure my plans are not affected by the delay. He gave me a F-150 right off his used lot to tow my boat with. He had no used Rams on hand is why that fit my needs. But I have to say while the 150 got me there and back I would not want one for myself. It didn’t drive much better than my old and last 150 I had in 1990. I will be back online more regular now. Thanks for checking on me. Lol

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Well I got an email this past week from ram cares ensuring me all steps are being taken to prioritize delayed orders and to see my dealer for updates. Still have not seen any movement on my order though it’s still decaying away in D Status.

jhoffman63

Reaction score
This is an email I got last week still doesn't tell me anything about the status of my truck.

We are excited for you to begin enjoying your new 2025 Ram 1500. At this time, we’re taking all necessary steps to prioritize any delayed sold orders to ensure that you receive your 2025 Ram 1500 built to the highest quality and arrives to you as soon as possible. Please continue to work with your dealer for updates regarding the specific delivery date.

Sincerely,
Rohini
Ram Information Center

dcchris311

Reaction score
This is an email I got last week still doesn't tell me anything about the status of my truck.

We are excited for you to begin enjoying your new 2025 Ram 1500. At this time, we’re taking all necessary steps to prioritize any delayed sold orders to ensure that you receive your 2025 Ram 1500 built to the highest quality and arrives to you as soon as possible. Please continue to work with your dealer for updates regarding the specific delivery date.

Sincerely,
Rohini
Ram Information Center

Who did you contact to get that information?

Users who are viewing this thread