5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peterhenric

Reaction score
I have been waiting since I got the vin almost 2 1/2 months no build date no eat ship date.
I’ve got a similar build coming. I know for a while that they had production issues or missing parts but that supposedly has been rectified now so hopefully the floodgates are opening.

PetePA

Reaction score
Pete, did you have any information it had been scheduled before this? If so, what are the details? Do you know how long it takes for delivery?
I received the email that it was scheduled for production. The website tracker took a couple days to update.

The order tracking site still doesn't have an estimated delivery date, so I called my dealer. The SHIP date is 8/10, and he figures about 3 weeks transit time since it's coming via rail. He expects to receive it late August or, possibly first week of September.

pensfan

Reaction score
The dealer with the Limited Longhorn in stock shows this Limited as in transit, no level A package.

Attachments

• 2025 limited.pdf
    96.3 KB · Views: 13

Merlise

Reaction score
I received the email that it was scheduled for production. The website tracker took a couple days to update.

The order tracking site still doesn't have an estimated delivery date, so I called my dealer. The SHIP date is 8/10, and he figures about 3 weeks transit time since it's coming via rail. He expects to receive it late August or, possibly first week of September.
How far away from SHAP are you located?

PetePA

Reaction score
How far away from SHAP are you located?
Harrisburg, PA is where it's shipping to.

Edit: There's a distance where rail becomes more economical. I don't know what that distance is, but it's probably a couple hundred miles. If you live closer to the plant, you might get yours trucked to the dealership.

Merlise

Reaction score

Edit: There's a distance where rail becomes more economical. I don't know what that distance is, but it's probably a couple hundred miles. If you live closer to the plant, you might get yours trucked to the dealership.
Ah yeah, my dealership in Manchester, IA is 17 miles farther than Harrisburg is from SHAP so mine will most likely be traveling by rail as well then

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yep. If yours goes by rail, be sure to claybar it and get any and all rail dust off it...

TroyJonesSF

Reaction score

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought that cars were shipped in enclosed shipping containers via rail?
They are enclosed, but not fully. They are vented.

Screenshot_20240706_102906_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240706_102919_Chrome.jpg

Pete, this can't be the first time you've heard of rail dust.

And @Merlise @TroyJonesSF I apologize, use IronX first, then claybar. It's been a while since I've done this (my last few trucks didn't rail here).

Inflation didn't hit that, it was $23.80 when I last bought it in 2015!

FloridaSun

Reaction score
Iron remover (adam's)...and clay mitt....should be a part of your regular maintenance wash/detail. Ceramic coat the truck to make the paint slick to the touch and protect your clear coat.
I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions....they have come a long way with their product lines. I also use the ceramic as a touch up detail spray between full details to keep truck looking new.

Beachumz

Reaction score
I was told my truck goes to DesMoines by rail. Yours may too but maybe you could be served from somewhere else.

This is what I found on claybar.

My dealer texts me anytime there is a change. They are frustrated as well and check it daily. We have similar builds so should be soonish. I have the NEW estimated ship date of 08/09 after I had a ship date of 06/14, already.

I would like to think it will be a semi trailer to Northeast Ohio. I am only 233 miles from SHAP. 90% of the drive looks to be toll roads too. Hopefully it will go quickly. Was hoping to have it while I was on paternity leave but that's not gonna happen. I go back to work 08/01.

Silvertoy

Reaction score
Just placed my 2025 order to replace my '19 bighorn. 3 major disappointments.
1. I really wanted to order a Laramie this time but they told me that no matter what they tried, they couldn't get the front bench seat (a must for my family size)
2. I really wanted to go down to the 5.7 bed, after living with the 6.4 so long, and realizing I didn't once need that much bed, but frequently found it difficult to park, navigate garages, or get through a drive through, decided I wanted short bed. Well, couldn't order the panoramic roof with the short bed, only the 6.4, it was grayed out for the 5.7, all other options the same. And in the end, I figured I would miss the roof too much, so ordered another 6.4.
3. Color, loved my patriot blue, figured forged blue was close and loved it on the wagoneer, well, surprise, not really a thing, and my only available choices were red, red, black, white, silver, or hydro. so ordered hydro (silver was a close one, but would've preferred granite). It's nice, but a bit old School for me, I see 90s rams with hydro all the time driving around, just feels a little cheap.

Got my ram tracker ordered confirmation, now just have to wait.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just placed my 2025 order to replace my '19 bighorn. 3 major disappointments.
1. I really wanted to order a Laramie this time but they told me that no matter what they tried, they couldn't get the front bench seat (a must for my family size)
2. I really wanted to go down to the 5.7 bed, after living with the 6.4 so long, and realizing I didn't once need that much bed, but frequently found it difficult to park, navigate garages, or get through a drive through, decided I wanted short bed. Well, couldn't order the panoramic roof with the short bed, only the 6.4, it was grayed out for the 5.7, all other options the same. And in the end, I figured I would miss the roof too much, so ordered another 6.4.
3. Color, loved my patriot blue, figured forged blue was close and loved it on the wagoneer, well, surprise, not really a thing, and my only available choices were red, red, black, white, silver, or hydro. so ordered hydro (silver was a close one, but would've preferred granite). It's nice, but a bit old School for me, I see 90s rams with hydro all the time driving around, just feels a little cheap.

Got my ram tracker ordered confirmation, now just have to wait.
Can you share what your original desired build was? Some of what you're saying makes sense, but there are other parts where those conflicts are either not there or not being explained thoroughly. I've attached a Laramie shortbed with bench seat and sunroof. Your other restrictions maybe related to other things.

What was the ORIGINAL target for all of your requirements? And what did you end up getting isntead?

Attachments

• Laramie 5.7 Bed Sunroof Bench.pdf
    3.6 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread