5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Order Updates

About the same for me. I last checked with Anthony on 10/3, and he said it was reset to D. He said we're in the dark until it actually starts production now.
I tried Customer Care, and like everyone else, it was a waste of time. I got a form email from "Heather" that says she'll contact me in a couple of weeks if anything changes. And I can't reply to the email with any questions. They've shut down all two way communications.

I'm pretty sure if/when mine goes to D1, Anthony will be on it, and will let me know.
And here are well into 4Q, and the Forged Blue is still restricted for Tungsten. I picked a hell of a year to try to get a new truck.
Who Me? no I wasn't sleeping. Ahem.... yes you are in D1 now lol @Ramboy13
The system does NOT alert us of changes (it would be nonstop) so it's just a matter of seeing it or not. @FloridaSun not yet on yours.

Out of all our Tungsten orders, (23) 75% are in D1 or greater. Seems like SOME progress.

Out of all our Limited/Laramie orders (13) all but one are in production or greater. Real good progress there.

Rebel orders the same (15) all but one are in production or greater. Real good progress there.

This is all for EXISTING orders in system, not counting the ones that were already delivered.

Who Me? no I wasn't sleeping. Ahem.... yes you are in D1 now lol @Ramboy13
The system does NOT alert us of changes (it would be nonstop) so it's just a matter of seeing it or not. @FloridaSun not yet on yours.

Out of all our Tungsten orders, (23) 75% are in D1 or greater. Seems like SOME progress.

Out of all our Limited/Laramie orders (13) all but one are in production or greater. Real good progress there.

Rebel orders the same (15) all but one are in production or greater. Real good progress there.

This is all for EXISTING orders in system, not counting the ones that were already delivered.
Just for the entertainment factor alone I'm ordering from you when I get my next truck 😂

So should I expect (hope) to get my truck next week?
once mine said shipping on the ram tracker it only meant it was ready to go to the actual shipper from the assembly plant. in my case it took almost a week and a half to get to Cassens trucking. and about a week after that it actually shipped to my dealer. if your truck is coming via a truck you can track it from Cassens web site. See post earlier in this topic on how several pages back. if its rail I don't know how to get news from that side sorry.

Status Codes

The entire list is not necessarily in order, depending on your build you may skip a step or move up or down the list as required.

Unscheduled:
BA – order entered in system by dealer
BB – fleet order only – review by bid department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG – order has passed edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status
BX – good order available for scheduling

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. (This is when you get your VIN assigned)
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production (Get an estimated build date)

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clear coated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
** BUILD SHEET BECOMES AVAILABLE**
JB – shipped to body vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, graphics etc.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck at this point and can be a source of delay. Typically two statuses here: "Awaiting Shipment" or "Staged for Shipment"

**WINDOW STICKER BECOMES AVAILABLE**

Transit Codes:
KZL – released but not shipped
KZM – first rail departure
KZN – first rail arrival
KZO – delayed/received
KZOA – plant hold, quality audit
KZOB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZOC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZOD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZOE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZOF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZOG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZOH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZP – Truck is sent offsite to a vendor location for shipping
KZR – First Move To Rail Station
KZS – Waiting on rail car
KZT – Second rail departure
KZU – Second rail arrival
KZY1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZY2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

ZA – Order Canceled (either by you or your dealer)

thanks to @TripleB
Where do you find the order codes, when I log onto Ram's website and view my order status all I see is that?
1729034854132.png

Now that's a nice surprise!! I wish I'd get a call like that....
AAAAhhh this is worst than being in the Navy with all the hurry up and wait crap!!!!!!!!!!! Found out my truck is getting painted this week. Only consolation is the hope that all the early 2024 manufacturing issues will get resolved and the holidays will provide greater incentives. I just hope my inventory of Whiskey and Bourbon will last through all the waiting....... 🥃

I am curious if anyone has heard anything about their 2025 Ram 1500 Orders. I ordered my Limited back in January 11th and got confirmation of my order but no VIN or any other info. I am curious if anyone else has either received a VIN or got any updates on their order. It seems really quiet and I figured we could just start a feed. I know the HO doesn’t start until ~3/5 but I am curious if anyone with an SO has got any updates.

2025 Ram Limited (In signature)
Ordered January 11th
Received Confirmation shortly after
No VIN.

I ordered a 2025 Limited Longhorn, essentially full-load, on January 25th. The order was acknowledged about four weeks later, but I didn't get my VIN until May 20th, and then the third week of July we finally received a production date of August 2nd. It has been confirmed that the truck was built that day and as of today it's somewhere between Sterling Heights, Michigan and Calgary, Alberta.

I'm just hoping that it arrives before our first snow, which could be any day now, As soon as snow is in the forecast my '07 Magnum SRT8, one of 3 in Canada the way it's equipped, goes into storage for the winter. It's never seen snow in the 17+ years I've owned it and I'm not about to start now.

All that being said, I genuinely feel your pain. This has been my worst experience with Mother MOPAR since I got my driver's license 59 years ago, and the 2025 will be my 66th Chrysler product. So much of this foolishness coincides with Stellantis and Mr. Taveres arriving from across the pond.

Rant over....................

My Tungsten, ordered on 4/15 ish, went into being built status on 10/14. Traveling for work but will update my signature to reflect changes when I get a minute.

Also, estimated delivery date is 12/25. If everything goes smoothly, ofc it will be before that. If not, after that. But it's interesting that Christmas Day is the current estimated date.

Received a voicemail from my dealer yesterday. My sales guy has done a good job of trying to keep me informed, even though he gets fed almost no information from RAM. His voicemail was almost comical in that I had a build date; no date; build date again; no date - and nothing currently to be expected. Initially my truck was to be delivered in early Sept and now it is in limbo (just like several people here). Unfortunately I was at a position of needing a full-size half ton answer, so I pivoted to the GMC Denali Ultimate and have 2,500 miles on that truck already.

I'm keeping an eye on progress and especially quality controls as I do want to move to a RAM, but not with these issues going on. My hope is for the RamCharger once the kinks are worked out.

Received a voicemail from my dealer yesterday. My sales guy has done a good job of trying to keep me informed, even though he gets fed almost no information from RAM. His voicemail was almost comical in that I had a build date; no date; build date again; no date - and nothing currently to be expected. Initially my truck was to be delivered in early Sept and now it is in limbo (just like several people here). Unfortunately I was at a position of needing a full-size half ton answer, so I pivoted to the GMC Denali Ultimate and have 2,500 miles on that truck already.

I'm keeping an eye on progress and especially quality controls as I do want to move to a RAM, but not with these issues going on. My hope is for the RamCharger once the kinks are worked out.
I'm in the same boat now. I don't think there's much hope of even having my truck this year. I'm reading of other guys with dates in late December. Anthony said my current build date is 11/6, but I hesitate to even write that down. it keeps changing, and doesn't show up anywhere that I can see it.
I sold my old truck earlier this year, which was a stupid move. I had no idea it was going to go like this. I managed to borrow a truck for while, and now that is ending. I have no other options - and don't even have a solid date to think about. No fault of Anthony and MD at all.

Interesting too that Forged Blue still isn't even available for Tungsten. Such a disappointment the way Ram / Stell is handling their business. I'm thinking of the Denali Ultimate myself.

I ordered a 2025 Limited Longhorn, essentially full-load, on January 25th. The order was acknowledged about four weeks later, but I didn't get my VIN until May 20th, and then the third week of July we finally received a production date of August 2nd. It has been confirmed that the truck was built that day and as of today it's somewhere between Sterling Heights, Michigan and Calgary, Alberta.

I'm just hoping that it arrives before our first snow, which could be any day now, As soon as snow is in the forecast my '07 Magnum SRT8, one of 3 in Canada the way it's equipped, goes into storage for the winter. It's never seen snow in the 17+ years I've owned it and I'm not about to start now.

All that being said, I genuinely feel your pain. This has been my worst experience with Mother MOPAR since I got my driver's license 59 years ago, and the 2025 will be my 66th Chrysler product. So much of this foolishness coincides with Stellantis and Mr. Taveres arriving from across the pond.

Rant over....................
Wow, ordered Jan 25 and likely not getting delivered to you (after dealer checks) until after possibly after Oct 25… that’s 9 months, if you are “lucky”. Sad.

I'm in the same boat now. I don't think there's much hope of even having my truck this year. I'm reading of other guys with dates in late December. Anthony said my current build date is 11/6, but I hesitate to even write that down. it keeps changing, and doesn't show up anywhere that I can see it.
I sold my old truck earlier this year, which was a stupid move. I had no idea it was going to go like this. I managed to borrow a truck for while, and now that is ending. I have no other options - and don't even have a solid date to think about. No fault of Anthony and MD at all.

Interesting too that Forged Blue still isn't even available for Tungsten. Such a disappointment the way Ram / Stell is handling their business. I'm thinking of the Denali Ultimate myself.
I bet yours goes into production like 10/31. They seem to be holding to this latest schedule.

You might get yours just before Christmas.

I bet yours goes into production like 10/31. They seem to be holding to this latest schedule.

You might get yours just before Christmas.
I hope that's true. I'll keep my fingers crossed. With that new article about some production shifting to Saltillo, you kinda have to wonder if that plays into this slow-roll. I hope not.

It's home! Didn't get many pics...put the mudflaps on and the all weather mats in. First impression is that it's stupid quiet. I couldn't tell it was running at first. Still babying it in the breakin period but I can tell it's got a lot left. It seems to ride better than my 2019..that might be going down to the 20s in the off road package versus the 22's that were on the 2019. Feels more nimble and responsive in the steering as well. I also think they "turned down" the HK sound system...my 2019 with the "same system" has much more bass..it's like the detuned to subwoofer some or something...hopefully they kick it up some in a software update like the did with the 2019s. Also little 😞 in the fit and finish of one of the ramboxes...tech at the dealer said they couldn't adjust it anymore, but I'll dig in some more. Other than that, happy in the 1 hour I've had it so far lol.

More as I drive it more.

Attachments

• 20241017_150039.jpg
    20241017_150039.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 30
It's home! Didn't get many pics...put the mudflaps on and the all weather mats in. First impression is that it's stupid quiet. I couldn't tell it was running at first. Still babying it in the breakin period but I can tell it's got a lot left. It seems to ride better than my 2019..that might be going down to the 20s in the off road package versus the 22's that were on the 2019. Feels more nimble and responsive in the steering as well. I also think they "turned down" the HK sound system...my 2019 with the "same system" has much more bass..it's like the detuned to subwoofer some or something...hopefully they kick it up some in a software update like the did with the 2019s. Also little 😞 in the fit and finish of one of the ramboxes...tech at the dealer said they couldn't adjust it anymore, but I'll dig in some more. Other than that, happy in the 1 hour I've had it so far lol.

More as I drive it more.
Awesome! Love to hear happy customer. Hopefully you can get the rambox figured out. Just keep enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back