5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Order Updates

Very nice, time to grab your sleeping bag and beer to camp out until it is ready take home.
Don't forget to print out the check out list on this forum. It is a nice detailed list others have contributed to from lessons learned when getting their new truck. You have the most leverage to get things fixed quickly before you accept the truck and pay for it. (y) 🥃

Very nice, time to grab your sleeping bag and beer to camp out until it is ready take home.
Don't forget to print out the check out list on this forum. It is a nice detailed list others have contributed to from lessons learned when getting their new truck. You have the most leverage to get things fixed quickly before you accept the truck and pay for it. (y) 🥃
How do I find this list? Mine should be at the dealer any day now.

I just looked at Ram website and there is now a $4,000 incentive, it went up $1,000. Make sure you all get that $4K off your price!

How do I find this list? Mine should be at the dealer any day now.
Ope...found it. FYI, copied from where I found it.

Delivery Checklist​

• Request No Advertising Decals
  • Request No Front License Plate Bracket (if state doesn’t require)
  • Request all Firmware Updates be installed
  • Request truck is left off/cold before arrival
  • Confirm VIN matches Order
  • Fluid Levels for Oil / Brake / Coolant / Windshield Washer
  • Battery Terminal Tightness
  • Starts easily
  • Both Keyfobs work Lock, Unlock, Remote Start, Tailgate, Air Suspension, Panic
  • Intelligent access works - Keyless Entry and Lock
  • Metal key works (door and tailgate)
  • No Leaks/Issues while warming up – check other items below
  • All Standard and Optional equipment installed
  • Check and Note Mileage
  • Add to Car Insurance
  • Check for Manuals
  • Check for Tire Jack & Spare Tire
  • Truck Sits Level
  • Paint Runs/Swirls
  • Alignment of Body Panels, Gap Consistency, Doorline, Bed to Cab
  • Check All Windows, Windshield, Moonroof for scratches or cracks
  • Function of Doors / Handles / Windows / Moonroof / Hood / Tailgate
  • Exterior Lights Headlights, Foglights, Hazards, Turn Signals, License Plate, BSM
  • Headlight alignment / Grill / Bumpers
  • Fender Flares completely tight to body
  • Truck Bed Accessories - Lights, Power Outlets, Cover, Deployable Bed Step, Cargo Tie-Down Cleats
  • No warning lights on instrument panel
  • Full tank of fuel
  • Check Door Locks on all doors
  • Power Sliding Window operation / binding
  • Moonroof operation
  • All Power Windows front and back
  • Power Mirrors & Folding
  • 12V, 120V, USB outlets
  • Uconnect & NAV operation
  • Radio Satellite / AM / FM / Bluetooth
  • Front Passenger Interactive Display
  • Tire Pressures
  • Heated / Cooled Seats front and back
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Steering Wheel buttons (front & radio controls on back)
  • Interior Trim / Ceiling / Doors / Grab Handles / Visors and Lights
  • Center Console
  • In-Floor / Under Seat Storage / Ram Bins
  • Rear Seat – lift up and recline
  • Check Windshield Wipers and Washer Fluid sprays
  • A/C & Heat
  • Pair Phone, Connect AirPlay / Android Auto
  • Test Drive
    • Set Steering Wheel, Brake Pedals, Mirrors, Save to Memory
    • Shift +/-
    • Steering / Acceleration / Braking
    • Alignment
    • Rattles / Squeaks / Wind noise / Smells
    • Moonroof free of rattle/noise
    • 4 Auto / 4 High / 4 Lo operation
    • Front / Rear Parksense operation
    • Backup, Surround Cameras
    • Active Driver Assist
    • Lane Keeping Assist
    • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Trailer Light Hookup
  • Post-Test Drive, Check for Leaks under hood and under the truck
  • Run through carwash and Check for any Leaks
  • Program Garage Door / Gate Opener
  • Activate Connected Services and verify operation
  • Enable Digital Key (Smartphone As Key) and verify operation
  • Share Digital Key with Spouse / Significant Other
  • Verify Wireless Charging Pad(s)
  • Verify Voice Recognition operation

Pay attention to body line gaps and alignments to meeting panels !! I had to have them adjust my hood as it was not aligned. Also my tailgate on right hand side I lower than the fender corner about 1/16 inch or a tad more. They looked it up and it’s not adjustable I guess. It’s not terrible but something to look out for. Also turn radio down all the way with truck in run and listen for a buzz sound. I have this issue and so think it’s a cooling fan behind the 14 inch monitor somewhere. It’s for sure mechanical I know that much as i waited for the truck to go to sleep and when it did I could here it RPM down.

Last edited:
Pay attention to body line gaps and alignments to meeting panels !! I had to have them adjust my hood as it was not aligned. Also my tailgate on right hand side I lower than the fender corner about 1/16 inch or a tad more. They looked it up and it’s not adjustable I guess. It’s not terrible but something to look out for. Also turn radio down all the way with truck in run and listen for a buzz sound. I have this issue and so think it’s a cooling fan behind the 14 inch monitor somewhere. It’s for sure mechanical I know that much as i waited for the truck to go to sleep and when it did I could here it RPM down.
I already mentioned one of the ramboxes need adjustment. Ram hadn't yet sent the manufacturers sales order to the dealer yet, so it looks like early next week to pick it up. Already made the appointments for PPF and undercoating

I already mentioned one of the ramboxes need adjustment. Ram hadn't yet sent the manufacturers sales order to the dealer yet, so it looks like early next week to pick it up. Already made the appointments for PPF and undercoating
Check both sides of your hood at the front where it meets the front fender. My hood was 1/2 inch low on the right side. so did 3 other trucks that came in on the delivery truck with mine. All 4 trucks were low on the passenger side over the headlight.

Check both sides of your hood at the front where it meets the front fender. My hood was 1/2 inch low on the right side. so did 3 other trucks that came in on the delivery truck with mine. All 4 trucks were low on the passenger side over the headlight.
There was a half inch difference from one side to the other?! That’s more than a little out of tolerance. That’s like a child installed it.

Finally showed up Friday! Love it!

Attachments

• 20241011_174942.jpg
    20241011_174942.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20241012_082541.jpg
    20241012_082541.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20241012_082628.jpg
    20241012_082628.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20241012_082800.jpg
    20241012_082800.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20241012_082600.jpg
    20241012_082600.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 62
My order is back in "D" and Anthony said they reset production....I would say that is another word for stoppage. (My Granger order in early March went back to "d")

What is drop dead date for production of my truck by SHAP for me to get my truck in 2024/late December?

Week of November 11th? 3 weeks to make/store.....1 month to ship with holidays? Arrival/delivery December 30th?

So should I expect (hope) to get my truck next week?
I would doubt it. I think ship date seems to be the day they get it outside the factory into storage or a lot awaiting transportation. For some of us, it's taken 3-4 weeks or so to actually receive it after then, although I'm sure there are exceptions

My order is back in "D" and Anthony said they reset production....I would say that is another word for stoppage. (My Granger order in early March went back to "d")

What is drop dead date for production of my truck by SHAP for me to get my truck in 2024/late December?

Week of November 11th? 3 weeks to make/store.....1 month to ship with holidays? Arrival/delivery December 30th?
Are you sure it is still in D status? I called my dealer on Friday and mine was in D1 so yours might be back in D1.

About the same for me. I last checked with Anthony on 10/3, and he said it was reset to D. He said we're in the dark until it actually starts production now.
I tried Customer Care, and like everyone else, it was a waste of time. I got a form email from "Heather" that says she'll contact me in a couple of weeks if anything changes. And I can't reply to the email with any questions. They've shut down all two way communications.

I'm pretty sure if/when mine goes to D1, Anthony will be on it, and will let me know.
And here are well into 4Q, and the Forged Blue is still restricted for Tungsten. I picked a hell of a year to try to get a new truck.

Status Codes

The entire list is not necessarily in order, depending on your build you may skip a step or move up or down the list as required.

Unscheduled:
BA – order entered in system by dealer
BB – fleet order only – review by bid department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG – order has passed edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status
BX – good order available for scheduling

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. (This is when you get your VIN assigned)
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production (Get an estimated build date)

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clear coated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
** BUILD SHEET BECOMES AVAILABLE**
JB – shipped to body vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, graphics etc.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck at this point and can be a source of delay. Typically two statuses here: "Awaiting Shipment" or "Staged for Shipment"

**WINDOW STICKER BECOMES AVAILABLE**

Transit Codes:
KZL – released but not shipped
KZM – first rail departure
KZN – first rail arrival
KZO – delayed/received
KZOA – plant hold, quality audit
KZOB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZOC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZOD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZOE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZOF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZOG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZOH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZP – Truck is sent offsite to a vendor location for shipping
KZR – First Move To Rail Station
KZS – Waiting on rail car
KZT – Second rail departure
KZU – Second rail arrival
KZY1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZY2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

ZA – Order Canceled (either by you or your dealer)

thanks to @TripleB

I remember seeing this on the '19s when they came out. It went on for months. Guess they still haven't figured out how to fix the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back