5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Order Updates

Did you originally want the blackout package when it was ordered but it wasn’t available? Why the change of heart on the chrome now?
The 5k changed my mind lol. At the end of the day I decided the blackout package wasn’t worth it I’m either going to get it vinyl wrapped or get chromorpher tape.

Well, I just had something happen to my girl (my dog) who has been with me for 12 years. She's going to be fine, and will live another 4+ years but she's partially disabled now. I haven't thought about the truck in a week. For those of you who, like me, were going nuts over the wait - don't for a minute let it drive you to stop appreciating everything you do have.

My girl, a Shiba, experienced a rare eye condition about 10 days ago that made her blind in one eye. She's still her normal sassy self but wow I never knew how strong the dog/human attachment could be.

2 weeks ago I was telling folks that I wasn't gonna let her in my new truck. Today, she's gonna be passenger #1 when I get it and to be damned with any fur or scratches to the interior.

My first pic when I get it on here is gonna be with my girl in the passenger seat.
My 60lb Shepards were in the truck last night. One slightly scratched the center console already not so funny in the moment but you brought it into perspective.

So, my Tungsten just went into G status (Trim) today, so should be built fairly soon. Trying to find out what the experience has been in terms of time through inspection phases lately, or is still all over the map?

Some zoom through in days. Other take months. Mine was built in about 3 days back at the beginning of August then sat in storage until just now. It’s a roll of the dice.

Ram Q3 sales -19%.... YTD -19% lost 2% market share...you would think there would be a sense of urgency to get the customer orders out...
I think some of it is where they invoice the dealers in the process ..I think (and I could be wrong) as soon as it ships (and that could be sitting in storage), they claim the revenue and invoice. I would think Anthony from MD or Zack from Granger would know that..if that's not the case, your exactly right...why are they kicking the $hit out of the logistics teams to get those trucks built out to dealers.

I think some of it is where they invoice the dealers in the process ..I think (and I could be wrong) as soon as it ships (and that could be sitting in storage), they claim the revenue and invoice. I would think Anthony from MD or Zack from Granger would know that..if that's not the case, your exactly right...why are they kicking the $hit out of the logistics teams to get those trucks built out to dealers.

We need an accountant who knows GAAP on these forums. I don't know whether revenue is claimed upon shipment or receipt!

Invoiced isn't what they report to shareholders tho. Here's the answer... Revenue is recognized once the truck is DELIVERED.

Not sure how well this will show up but heres and article that shows some information about when automakers claim revenue. According to this (and take it for what it's worth) it certainly looks like they recognize it when it's shipped and transfered to the dealers control. I guess it's whenever the ownership of the vehicle is transferred to to dealer....I'm guessing the automakers are allowed to determine that point. I know in many companies that once a product is "shipped", they consider that a transfer of ownership and recognize revenue (anyone that's working for a manufacturing firm probably knows those end of the month / quarter shipments in order to meet revenue targets lol)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241002_203713_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20241002_203713_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 2
Well, I just had something happen to my girl (my dog) who has been with me for 12 years. She's going to be fine, and will live another 4+ years but she's partially disabled now. I haven't thought about the truck in a week. For those of you who, like me, were going nuts over the wait - don't for a minute let it drive you to stop appreciating everything you do have.

My girl, a Shiba, experienced a rare eye condition about 10 days ago that made her blind in one eye. She's still her normal sassy self but wow I never knew how strong the dog/human attachment could be.

2 weeks ago I was telling folks that I wasn't gonna let her in my new truck. Today, she's gonna be passenger #1 when I get it and to be damned with any fur or scratches to the interior.

My first pic when I get it on here is gonna be with my girl in the passenger seat.
Sorry Pete, just a while back I lost my cat to a rare condition with his heart. He passed in my arms and It was gut wrenching. I still miss him at night as he always slept right with me. You are right and some things are not replaceable and enjoy them why you can.

Fresh out of the shop, I have to say this truck looks a lot better with the level kit installed. Also the molded mud flaps are on now too. The truck is parked on a slope in this picture. Off to ceramic coat, ppf tommorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1495.jpeg
    IMG_1495.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 18
Fresh out of the shop, I have to say this truck looks a lot better with the level kit installed. Also the molded mud flaps are on now too. The truck is parked on a slope in this picture. Off to ceramic coat, ppf tommorrow.
Interesting, does the level kit change the way the air suspension works at all and does it void the warranty on the air suspension? Beautiful truck by the way.

Interesting, does the level kit change the way the air suspension works at all and does it void the warranty on the air suspension? Beautiful truck by the way.
all air suspension functions are supposed to work normally with a OEM ride I have not actually taken possession yet so I haven’t tried it but the shop manager said everything was fine. I Used Revel performances 2 1/2 inch kit but with just the front leveling option. It consist of puck spacers and new air sensor links. I went with this kit because it preserved the oem ride and all standard height functionality. Since I had the dealer install the kit they will honor the factory warranty. I have been with these guys for years and years but usually with a Chevy, I switched to their ram store this time. but they know how particular I am with my trucks and they know I don’t beat them up.

Second day waiting for my truck to make the 2 hour trip from rail yard to dealership. Maybe in morning. 🙏🏻😂
Join the club. 3 weeks for me and counting. At this point I'm planning the party celebrating my one year anniversary still waiting 🤣

So, my Tungsten just went into G status (Trim) today, so should be built fairly soon. Trying to find out what the experience has been in terms of time through inspection phases lately, or is still all over the map?
When did you order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back