5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Order Updates

Well that bites Pete, you have been in the que for a while and so agree yours doesn’t Have anything the rest of us haven’t had. Ram is sure screwing this release up big time. People with orders placed In July got right to production and others that’s old orders didn't scheduled till just lately or not at all yet. There’s no reasoning behind the way they have handled this whole thing.
I'm certain there's a method to their madness, but not knowing the method is painful lol.

At what point do you guys see an estimated ship date? (Not that is seems to matter a hoot.) The Mark Dodge primer says "Vehicle is sequenced for production. By now, an estimated ship date has been assigned."
I'm still just hopeful I'll see my truck by Thanksgiving (which will make any DIY ceramic coating near impossible).

Where cam you see the current code that displays what stage your truck is in?
My salesman sends me a text message everytime something changes. He checks my status and build code everyday. I'm just curious what the average shipping time is. I know I saw it someplace but cant seem to find it. Some people tell me 2 weeks, others tell me it can take as long as a month after it gets built to actually be shipped.

For those who have gotten a ceramic coating for your truck...is it really worth it? Did you get it done right away when new, or did you wait?

Where cam you see the current code that displays what stage your truck is in?
just add your last name and VON, and get your status. You can x-ref to the letter status with this:

Mark Dodge is a great outfit.

At what point do you guys see an estimated ship date? (Not that is seems to matter a hoot.) The Mark Dodge primer says "Vehicle is sequenced for production. By now, an estimated ship date has been assigned."
I'm still just hopeful I'll see my truck by Thanksgiving (which will make any DIY ceramic coating near impossible).
I got mine from my dealer. The first one you get I believe is the ship from the assembly line to storage. The second one I got in my text was the delivery date which seems way out there compared to when guys are really getting them.

For those who have gotten a ceramic coating for your truck...is it really worth it? Did you get it done right away when new, or did you wait?
The last 2 have had it and it was done at the dealers before pickup. With that being said I am going a different route this time because I don’t like what the dealer is using now. I want cilajet but can’t find an installer close by so prob going to try ziebart premium ceramics. I used to be a skeptic but after the cilajet on my 2018 I was sold then they changed and what they put on my 21 wasn’t as good.

I ordered my truck May 22nd and still don't have a VIN lol, my dealer is clueless as to why it is not being picked up by Stellantis and Stellantis has gone radio silent on them it seems
It’s painful I admit, I ordered I. January and it took months to get a vin. Then if it hadn’t been for Anthony at Mark Dodge we would not have known to change the truck from Level 1 to Level A. My dealer didn’t get the memo on that from shap. Once the dealer made that change mine got scheduled in a couple days. But if we hadn’t made that change I would still be sitting clueless and no movement.

Yes, I've coated all my cars. I usually do it right away before the paint is exposed to all the elements.

Attachments

• 2a39d03e-ec19-44e4-a9b8-c99e36b3fba0.jpg
    2a39d03e-ec19-44e4-a9b8-c99e36b3fba0.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 19
You can assume it won't come with anything on it. I use Menzerna 400 and the final gloss polishes with a Rupes orbital on the paint before application. Then CarPro Eraser before ceramic application. I used the Adams 7 year product on my Porsche most recently and that stuff is great to apply, beading is awesome, and if it lasts half as long as advertised, I'm happy.
When it comes to coatings I normally go with graphene. For prep it's much easier to do it when brand new as there are fewer swirls but you still have to clay bar, then do a light buff to get any imperfections out. Then the graphene is easy to put on and there's no heat flash needed. Put on a small section, wait for it to rainbow (about 3min) then wipe off. If you have it professionally done that will cost you around $1300 but worth it. I've done it with every vehicle and I only spray with soap, let it sit then spary with soap again then rinse. No need to scrub and you shouldn't except once per month with a soft sponge. If you ever get a scratch with the coating you just buff the scratch then reapply the coating to the area. Usually doesn't even touch the clear coat.

Well I just got work from my dealer that I am still in the dreaded D status stage. I'll call him back in the usual 2 weeks. I know some tungstens made it to D1 but not sure what's different with mine other than possibly the delivery location. Mine is billet silver with the trailer tow group and the bed utility group which plenty of others have.
We can cry on each others shoulders...we in the same boat together.

Do it as soon as possible because the vehicle needs to be as clean as possible and as free of imperfections as possible becasuse they will get coated over and will need to be polished out to get off once coated. I've done every car that I've owned in the past 8 years and is very worth it. Its a joy to wash with good product on the paint. The vehicle stays much cleaner and dirt get's removed easier during wash. Contrary to popular belief even the best coatings will still require a rag to wash properly, especially on a truck.

Black Rebel Level 2 ordered 06-19, dealer just told me it is forecasted to deliver 09-16!
Can I *****? It is real clear they are going to finish rebels with equipment package 2 before moving on to GT and X packages. Why can’t they just give us an estimate of when Rebel GT and Rebel X production will begin? They know the schedule, can give info with caveats of variables, and we can wait with confidence we matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back