5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram41313

Reaction score
You should be fine with this tire size. Which tires? Ridge Grapplers?

I am really wanting to do the 325/50r22 tires. This is at the brink of not fitting a 9" wheel, but they do offer the Atturo Trail Blades in this size which are very competitive with pricing and come with 45k mileage warranty. Only other I found with mileage warranty is the Terra Grappler G2 which is far less aggressive.

Has anyone put this tire size on?
Yes I went with the ridge grapplers like you said not much to choose from in a 22

Ram41313

Reaction score
Just got the ridge grapplers installed love them!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 295

trixdesigns

Reaction score
Just got the ridge grapplers installed love them!

What'd you wind up doing for tire size? I tossed RG's in 33x12.50r22 on my Limited wheels and have a bit of rub, especially in reverse at near full lock.
Now I'm looking at trimming or doing a Level...

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I went with ridge grapplers in the 285/55r22. Not in stock so will get them on the truck this Wednesday or Friday. Then hopefully this coming weekend have the day stars installed.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got my daystar level, links and rims installed today... Now I have to do some wheel well modifications to get rid of a tiny bit of rubbing where I’m hitting the small flaps on the rear of the front wheel wells.

Lucyassault

Reaction score
Shortening the links raises the front but not on a 1:1.
From Revel:
Shortening the Link from the factory length will raise the vehicle. Each 5mm variance from stock will adjust
the vehicle approx ¾ - 1”.

Adding a spacer and nothing else will not change height. You need to adjust the height using links. The spacer reduces the air pressure in the bags. Without the spacer and links only, I had a stiff ride in the front. Now I have a softer ride with less pressure in the bag. I can now adjust my links down to get a higher lift, if I wanted to. I have not changed my links yet, but my ride is closer to stock now.

How does a spacer reduce air pressure in the bags?

Checkmate251

Reaction score
The bag has less air in it when you put a spacer in, but keeps the same height. Less air equals better ride, less stiff.
When you put the leveling links in it puts more air in the bag to give you the lift, but with a spacer in it takes less air to achieve the lift!

Lucyassault

Reaction score
Bro. 285-55-22 is the biggest tire you can go on stock 22 rim with no level. Same width as stock tire but 2 inches taller. And rides better than stock. And you can keep your splash guards. Plz don’t put a level kit on a Limited. And for sure don’t put ghetto spacers on your wheels. It changes everything on the suspension of these rides with air. I know people say they do it, but trust me, they don’t tell you everything..... they especially won’t tell you when the suspension starts screwing up.

It changes everything? Sounds like you have a lot of experience with spacers and air suspension. Could you explain to a newbie exactly what you are referring to?

Lucyassault

Reaction score
The bag has less air in it when you put a spacer in, but keeps the same height. Less air equals better ride, less stiff.
When you put the leveling links in it puts more air in the bag to give you the lift, but with a spacer in it takes less air to achieve the lift!

When you say spacer are you referring to the wheel spacer that moves the wheel in a horizontal plane or are you talking about a lift (spacer on the suspension) ?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Thanks! Sorry, didn’t know lifts were referred to as spacers also. That makes sense now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah because it is a Spacer pretty much just like the wheel spacers honestly... serves pretty much the same purpose but on a different plane

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The system takes readings from each sensor (1 each on all 4 corners). This is how the system can adjust any corner it needs, not just the front vs the rear. The link/shaft is tied to the sensor on the frame at one end and the trailing/control arm at the other. As the suspension rises and lowers as you drive (or add weight) which causes the link/shaft to move up & down. This link/shaft drives the sensor (with built-in rheostat) and causes changes in resistance/voltage that the on-board computer interprets and does all the magic work to the air bag system to add or remove air. These numbers are looked at and can even be adjusted by your local technician to make the vehicle sit level - it does not always work, but it can help.

FACTORY :
1586953904386.png

Some aftermarket systems allow for those links to be replaced with longer/shorter, adjustable ones. You can cheat the system and make the vehicle raise or lower to reset the height. (This only allows minor adjustments to help you level out the vehicle) I've not played with those yet, so someone else would have to jump in on that. I would like to see the readings within the system, because I believe that the sensor only reads 0-5Volts. The air suspension system sends the inflator/deflator a % operation that resets the air bag pressure to a new normal ride height. (I have a non-Rebel rig, so I have 5 settings to choose from).

1586954566074.png

AMorse

Reaction score
Does this set up with spacers and air links only work with Daystar spacers? My local shop is trying to get me to stay away from Daystar spacers.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Does this set up with spacers and air links only work with Daystar spacers? My local shop is trying to get me to stay away from Daystar spacers.
The daystar spacer is the only one I have heard anyone with the air ride suspension use.

ab46501

Reaction score

You are correct. The design of the Daystar has been the only one so far found to work with the air suspension.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Did they give you a reason to avoid daystar? Past issues?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AMorse

Reaction score
Did they give you a reason to avoid daystar? Past issues?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
No specifics, but I have heard others (with other vehicles and setups) say don’t go with Daystar. I have no idea why, just preference likely.

AMorse

Reaction score
The daystar spacer is the only one I have heard anyone with the air ride suspension use.
Well I ordered the Daystar spacers on Amazon to go along with the air links and Mopar control arms. The shop that’s going to install next week, already ordered their spacers, but I will have the Daystars there for when the others don’t work.

Users who are viewing this thread