5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19TXLimited

Reaction score
So I want to make sure I have this right

I can get something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-2020-...223798521332?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10 (about the same as DIY)

Set link to a bout 2.25"

then add daystar puck Part #KC09113BK

All air ride levels should work (non-orp).

Get some larger meat for the 22s and be awesome?

Sounds about right. Although the ebay link you show is much more expensive than the true DIY. I personally bought Revel front links from a member here for $90 shipped used or I would have gone the true DIY route...the revel links are very nicely made.

Still have yet to install the Daystar portion, but it is sitting in my garage.

Biggest issue for me will be the tires. I have 15k on my stock tires and would rather wear these out than buy new and waste the stocks.

Another thing I see people doing is spacers for the wheels front/rear...I'm not sure I really trust spacers, but my truck will rarely if ever see offroad more than a gravel road with potholes. This seems to be an inexpensive option to change the stance of the truck even further without the need for new wheels. Tires between 18, 20 and 22 don't change much in price to justify new wheels either.

Emg006

Reaction score
Sounds about right. Although the ebay link you show is much more expensive than the true DIY. I personally bought Revel front links from a member here for $90 shipped used or I would have gone the true DIY route...the revel links are very nicely made.

Still have yet to install the Daystar portion, but it is sitting in my garage.

Biggest issue for me will be the tires. I have 15k on my stock tires and would rather wear these out than buy new and waste the stocks.

Another thing I see people doing is spacers for the wheels front/rear...I'm not sure I really trust spacers, but my truck will rarely if ever see offroad more than a gravel road with potholes. This seems to be an inexpensive option to change the stance of the truck even further without the need for new wheels. Tires between 18, 20 and 22 don't change much in price to justify new wheels either.
Hows your ride been without the daystar?

I don’t want to run spacers on the wheels to fit tires too. Don’t want them sticking out past in order to keep as much snow off the sides of the truck.

it’s not that I don’t like the 22s but I like a little more rubber. Looking at some 20s and 33” tires.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Hows your ride been without the daystar?

I don’t want to run spacers on the wheels to fit tires too. Don’t want them sticking out past in order to keep as much snow off the sides of the truck.

it’s not that I don’t like the 22s but I like a little more rubber. Looking at some 20s and 33” tires.

I don't mind the ride quality without the Daystars, but lost access to OR2 and I am sitting with .5-.75" rake to have access to OR1 still.

In a perfect world I'd like to have the Daystars and then add rear links to get a 3/1 level. Not sure that's possible and won't make that decision until I have the Daystar and tires installed. I park in a parking garage daily and we use the truck for almost everything. Don't want to limit myself on other garages, etc if at all possible with keeping access to entry/exit mode. If I find that Aero Mode will get me in to most garages after tires I may look at upgrading things to do a 3/1 level or a 2.5/.5 level.

I'm not sure what the angles of everything would look like in the front if I did a full 2.5" and whether the UCA would cause any issues up front...I have read that even with Daystar at full extension it will hit the air bag assembly...could be wrong on how this works though.

Samson75

Reaction score
I posted as much as I could on my daystar and DIY link combo

The whole Daystar and sensor link mystery solved in one spot

System a working great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emg006

Reaction score
I don't mind the ride quality without the Daystars, but lost access to OR2 and I am sitting with .5-.75" rake to have access to OR1 still.

In a perfect world I'd like to have the Daystars and then add rear links to get a 3/1 level. Not sure that's possible and won't make that decision until I have the Daystar and tires installed. I park in a parking garage daily and we use the truck for almost everything. Don't want to limit myself on other garages, etc if at all possible with keeping access to entry/exit mode. If I find that Aero Mode will get me in to most garages after tires I may look at upgrading things to do a 3/1 level or a 2.5/.5 level.

I'm not sure what the angles of everything would look like in the front if I did a full 2.5" and whether the UCA would cause any issues up front...I have read that even with Daystar at full extension it will hit the air bag assembly...could be wrong on how this works though.
What size tires you looking at? Only reason for new wheels is I don’t care for the 22s too much, I like a little more sidewall.

I may just try the links out and see. I don’t think I will be in or2, I have a Jeep for that type of stuff.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
What size tires you looking at? Only reason for new wheels is I don’t care for the 22s too much, I like a little more sidewall.

I may just try the links out and see. I don’t think I will be in or2, I have a Jeep for that type of stuff.

I am looking at either 33x12.50, 35x12.50 or 285/55R22 or 325/50R22. I am very much up in the air on tire size...I may even jut stick with a 305/45R22 in order to try and avoid the added weight.

I want the look, but not sure I'm willing to sacrifice the gas mileage for 35's.

Bizkit

Reaction score
Just wanting to take a inch or inch and a half off of rake. Will adding just the revel links do this? I don't want to compromise air lift levels at all. Or ride.

Emg006

Reaction score
I am looking at either 33x12.50, 35x12.50 or 285/55R22 or 325/50R22. I am very much up in the air on tire size...I may even jut stick with a 305/45R22 in order to try and avoid the added weight.

I want the look, but not sure I'm willing to sacrifice the gas mileage for 35's.
I am in the same boat. But I don’t want an E rated tire because ride quality. Anyone buy the 22s?

Fatboy

Reaction score
Bro. 285-55-22 is the biggest tire you can go on stock 22 rim with no level. Same width as stock tire but 2 inches taller. And rides better than stock. And you can keep your splash guards. Plz don’t put a level kit on a Limited. And for sure don’t put ghetto spacers on your wheels. It changes everything on the suspension of these rides with air. I know people say they do it, but trust me, they don’t tell you everything..... they especially won’t tell you when the suspension starts screwing up.

Egwinjr

Reaction score
I run 305/45r22 nitto ridge grapplers in my stock 22s with factory air ride. I trimmed maybe half an inch of loose fender liner on either side of the front air struts and now have no rub at all.

I’ll be doing the revel links and day star spacers here this week and look forward to the finished product

Bro. 285-55-22 is the biggest tire you can go on stock 22 rim with no level. Same width as stock tire but 2 inches taller. And rides better than stock. And you can keep your splash guards. Plz don’t put a level kit on a Limited. And for sure don’t put ghetto spacers on your wheels. It changes everything on the suspension of these rides with air. I know people say they do it, but trust me, they don’t tell you everything..... they especially won’t tell you when the suspension starts screwing up.

19TXLimited

Reaction score

Where are you getting information that the suspension will mess up? Seems that putting a level on the air suspension is as simple as the Daystar kit and Revel (or DIY) links. To make it even safer to add new modified upper control arms. What would be any different than adding a leveling kit to a coil suspension and adding all the same parts?

I ask as I nor most anyone seems to have a lot of knowledge for air suspension, but seems it is working well for those who have installed.

Ram41313

Reaction score
Just got my revel links yesterday will be installed today

Ram41313

Reaction score
I’ll be installing my daystar level and revel links on Saturday with my new rims and tires as well.
I just did the links I’m only looking to go up like two sizes I should be good with just the links?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just did the links I’m only looking to go up like two sizes I should be good with just the links?
I’ve heard that the links can significantly change the ride. I’ve drove with my truck in off road 1 and 2 and can tell how much stiffer it rides that’s why I’m hesitant to just do the links. I’ve had my link for about a year and haven’t put them on because of that. I have 36” tires so I have to do the level with the links

Ram41313

Reaction score
I’ve heard that the links can significantly change the ride. I’ve drove with my truck in off road 1 and 2 and can tell how much stiffer it rides that’s why I’m hesitant to just do the links. I’ve had my link for about a year and haven’t put them on because of that. I have 36” tires so I have to do the level with the links
Thanks

clazer

Reaction score

Taken in pieces:
Leveled limiteds (and really all models) look good.
If ghetto spacers means cheaply made ones, I’ll agree. Get some BORAs. The key to hubcentric spacers is proper installation. They come with instructions for torque specs and retighten after 5ish miles. Most aftermarket rims don’t even have published stress tests like oem.
Pretty sure there’s quite a few of us on here that have been very descriptive of issues encountered and how to overcome them.

go for it- it’s worth it.

Bizkit

Reaction score
I run 305/45r22 nitto ridge grapplers in my stock 22s with factory air ride. I trimmed maybe half an inch of loose fender liner on either side of the front air struts and now have no rub at all.

I’ll be doing the revel links and day star spacers here this week and look forward to the finished product
Keep us updated!

Ram41313

Reaction score
So I just order 285/55/22 stock air ride I did put revel links on I should be fine right ?

19TXLimited

Reaction score
So I just order 285/55/22 stock air ride I did put revel links on I should be fine right ?

You should be fine with this tire size. Which tires? Ridge Grapplers?

I am really wanting to do the 325/50r22 tires. This is at the brink of not fitting a 9" wheel, but they do offer the Atturo Trail Blades in this size which are very competitive with pricing and come with 45k mileage warranty. Only other I found with mileage warranty is the Terra Grappler G2 which is far less aggressive.

Has anyone put this tire size on?

Users who are viewing this thread