5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ab46501

Reaction score
I’d like to know that too. Using Revel links and Daystar, I’m thinking of lifting the front by 2.5” and the rear by 1”. All in, I might still have 1” difference, which I’m fine with.

Looking at the kit the rear spacer is just a puck for a coil spring. We have Jeep Wrangler so I am very familiar with how that would work. I don't think it would fit the rear air bag at all but I could be wrong?

I just purchased a 2019 Limited and have ordered the parts to make front links and also ordered the daystar kit. Many thanks to the folks who posted on this and other threads with the information and pictures!

Jhaney

Reaction score
Order the UCAs, they’re relatively cheap and will give you peace of mind. Leveled 4th gens were notorious for the stock upper ball joint to pop out of socket.
My 4th gen had a leveling kit and never had a single issue in 153k miles.

dakmary

Reaction score
Looking at the kit the rear spacer is just a puck for a coil spring. We have Jeep Wrangler so I am very familiar with how that would work. I don't think it would fit the rear air bag at all but I could be wrong?

I just purchased a 2019 Limited and have ordered the parts to make front links and also ordered the daystar kit. Many thanks to the folks who posted on this and other threads with the information and pictures!
So maybe I should get Daystar 2.5” #KC09113BK for my front suspension

and the 1” #KC09146BK and use the part Intended for the front suspension on my rear suspension

All in I still have ~1" difference between front and back, but I have a slightly higher truck

ab46501

Reaction score
So maybe I should get Daystar 2.5” #KC09113BK for my front suspension

and the 1” #KC09146BK and use the part Intended for the front suspension on my rear suspension

All in I still have ~1" difference between front and back, but I have a slightly higher truck

The Daystar spacer is designed to fit on top of a strut. Ram designed the front air bags so they fit the strut tower pocket that all Ram trucks have. Basically the top of the bag is just like the top of a strut.

Rough Country has a lift kit out for the 2019 Ram with air ride https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-suspension-lift-kit-338c.html and if you look at their instructions for the rear they have some good pictures of the bags removed. Rough Country designed a rear spacer for the lift but the way it mounts is completely different than the front. You have the right idea for what you want to do but I don't think a front spacer will fit the rear.

Also keep in mind that if you do find a spacer to add to the rear that will be two additional air line disconnects. You will be very close to needing a charge having done the front and rear.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone on here has had to have their system recharged? How much does that run and how easy/hard is it for them to do?

dakmary

Reaction score
The Daystar spacer is designed to fit on top of a strut. Ram designed the front air bags so they fit the strut tower pocket that all Ram trucks have. Basically the top of the bag is just like the top of a strut.

Rough Country has a lift kit out for the 2019 Ram with air ride https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-suspension-lift-kit-338c.html and if you look at their instructions for the rear they have some good pictures of the bags removed. Rough Country designed a rear spacer for the lift but the way it mounts is completely different than the front. You have the right idea for what you want to do but I don't think a front spacer will fit the rear.

Also keep in mind that if you do find a spacer to add to the rear that will be two additional air line disconnects. You will be very close to needing a charge having done the front and rear.

Oh interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2019Oklimited

Reaction score
There are a couple post regarding the Daystar Lifts / Link combo. So far folks seems to like it. I have leveling links but just ordered the Daystar kit and made some new links today that I will install after I get the Daystar installed.
i have done the daystar and made my own links and i think mine are 2.25 with the daystar it rides like factory ride and all 5 settings work. and it's still 3/4 inch lower in front but can't replay tell

Attachments

• 691CF4B8-B707-4619-BA81-E89A928A1C5B.jpeg
    691CF4B8-B707-4619-BA81-E89A928A1C5B.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 406
  • 90E3287B-CE5B-4034-AAF5-3CF3738D1BE8.jpeg
    90E3287B-CE5B-4034-AAF5-3CF3738D1BE8.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 412

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Question for everyone with the Daystar kit and leveling links. It seem most are only going up 1.5" in the front...on a 2.5" leveling kit. Is there a reason to not go the full 2.5" using the leveling links?

I would like to do this on my Limited, but am not understanding why it wouldn't lift the from 2.5". I guess the other side would seem you could use Daystar and 2 sets of links and actually do a 3/1 lift that way without sacrificing much ride quality? Is this something anyone has done so far, or are the angles in the front too much if you go any higher?

coffeyman76

Reaction score
Question for everyone with the Daystar kit and leveling links. It seem most are only going up 1.5" in the front...on a 2.5" leveling kit. Is there a reason to not go the full 2.5" using the leveling links?

I would like to do this on my Limited, but am not understanding why it wouldn't lift the from 2.5". I guess the other side would seem you could use Daystar and 2 sets of links and actually do a 3/1 lift that way without sacrificing much ride quality? Is this something anyone has done so far, or are the angles in the front too much if you go any higher?

If you go the full 2.5 inches you will actually be low in the rear (Cali Lean). This still gives it a near level appearance, doesn't throw codes, allows air settings to operate and seems to be the sweet spot that doesn't adversely affect ride quality.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
If you go the full 2.5 inches you will actually be low in the rear (Cali Lean). This still gives it a near level appearance, doesn't throw codes, allows air settings to operate and seems to be the sweet spot that doesn't adversely affect ride quality.

Thanks, that's what I figured, but seems it could be done to have the full 2.5" up front with no codes and only need to lift the rear approx .75-1 inch using links? Seems most are seeing about a 3/4" rake. I wonder whether any settings would be effected from going 2.25" and then no need to bring up the rear? Sorry if these questions have been answered. I have been through what I believe to be every thread to do with the Daystar and link level...but the info is all over the place.

redduck996

Reaction score
sorry for asking again, but i have a quick question. I assume this set up with daystar and revel is the factory recommendation and will not effect the warranty? How much would the dealers charge for this setup?

TIA

clazer

Reaction score
Is it possible that we are talking about two different measurements? One is the length of the control link between centers. A lot of people are using 2.25” (Factory is about 2.75”). The shorter the link (measurement 1), the higher the truck in the front(measurement 2). Opposite for the rear. The other measurement is the actual height change at the fender. This will be controlled by the link length. 2.25” link length will give you about 2-3” of lift depending on your setup.

On my rebel, I brought the nose up 2” and the rear up about a half inch and have a 3/4” rake.

The important part is that the links are adjustable, so adjust them to your liking.

Last edited:

clazer

Reaction score
sorry for asking again, but i have a quick question. I assume this set up with daystar and revel is the factory recommendation and will not effect the warranty? How much would the dealers charge for this setup?

TIA

There is not a warrantied way to level an air ride 2019/20 Ram, so there is no factory recommendation that I’m aware of.

redduck996

Reaction score
got it, so for those wanting to lift or level you are basically rolling the dice if you have suspension issues down the road.

Jhaney

Reaction score
got it, so for those wanting to lift or level you are basically rolling the dice if you have suspension issues down the road.
Go with the links only and you can replace them with the factory ones if you need warranty work

plimmy

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum and just got my 2019 rebel w air suspension! Love it so far.

So I’m a little confused as I read through this whole thread twice. A little confused.

So does the daystar fronts with revel links work and function like stock with no issues? Do I need the UPA’s? And wanted to run 35’s on 18” rims w/ -12 offset.

Any experience or help in clarifying please. Don’t want to pull the trigger if I’ll be running into issues.

I was reading of all the programming issues one of the members had figuring out how to tune it properly

Thanks in advance!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m looking for a shop in Tampa Bay Area Florida who is familiar with installing the daystar spacer and revel links on an air ride ram if anyone happens to know of one.

Users who are viewing this thread