5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the daystar kit would work with the air suspension and off-road group? If so what you paste the link for it.
Thanks
I just had the Daystar Level put on last night at a local shop. I do have the Limited/ORG. I got to the shop and saw my truck on the lift as they were finishing up. The guy had a little trouble getting the bolt holes to line up on the passenger side UCA for some reason. Had to lower the truck to barely touch the ground for things to line up again. Looked like a longer UCA would have made it easier, but understand I lack the mechanical skills to really be commenting. Anyway, got it completed, off the lift and drove to get a full load of bagged mulch on my way home. I thought the ride was improved from just the Revel links that I had been using and am happy with the results. Of course the wife, who is mostly against me adding all this stuff to the truck, likes to take it and I get stuck taking the Chevy Volt for my commute most days. Argh...

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had the Daystar Level put on last night at a local shop. I do have the Limited/ORG. I got to the shop and saw my truck on the lift as they were finishing up. The guy had a little trouble getting the bolt holes to line up on the passenger side UCA for some reason. Had to lower the truck to barely touch the ground for things to line up again. Looked like a longer UCA would have made it easier, but understand I lack the mechanical skills to really be commenting. Anyway, got it completed, off the lift and drove to get a full load of bagged mulch on my way home. I thought the ride was improved from just the Revel links that I had been using and am happy with the results. Of course the wife, who is mostly against me adding all this stuff to the truck, likes to take it and I get stuck taking the Chevy Volt for my commute most days. Argh...

I just had mine installed yesterday but DON't have ORG. Do you have any pics of normal ride height?

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Ok so it also says not for orp trucks. Is this true or no?? Thanks!
Say's not for ORG trucks somewhere? D'oh! I missed that. Wonder why they say that. They also said not for air suspension, but I knew it worked. There was a well done youtube video that gave me comfort in knowing how and that it could be done (did not mention ORG/ORP tho...)

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I just had mine installed yesterday but DON't have ORG. Do you have any pics of normal ride height?
I didn't take any new pics yet ... a shame because it was nice out and just had it washed the day before. I did have the revel links in and took pictures the day prior. Will post those for now. I think the setting I have were lowering there rear a smidge from stock and raising the front. I need to tweak the front links some now that the ride wont feel like rough seas anymore. Also snapped a few pics of the drivers side while the truck was still on the lift.

IMG_20190513_194335.jpg IMG_20190513_194243.jpg IMG_20190514_165516.jpg
IMG_20190514_165529.jpg

Last edited:

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't take any new pics yet ... a shame because it was nice out and just had it washed the day before. I did have the revel links in and took pictures the day prior. Will post those for now. I think the setting I have were lowering there rear a smidge from stock and raising the front. I need to tweak the front links some now that the ride wont feel like rough seas anymore. Also snapped a few pics of the drivers side while the truck was still on the lift.

Thanks, I am running my own links and so far I can't really tell the daystar level did much. I am trying to figure this out in my head. If the links I had (custom) were inplace and we added the spacer then I would have thought it would be higher. Do I need to shorten the links? Does anyone have any measurements?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the links I had (custom) were inplace and we added the spacer then I would have thought it would be higher. Do I need to shorten the links? Does anyone have any measurements?

I saw a DIY thread where the center of ball stud on the OE links is 4.25" and the installer made the 'lifted' links to bring the sensor/stud to 3-7/8" apart. with your custom links, you have more latitude to adjust without over pressuring your shock body, so you may need to shorten the link to get around that 3-7/8" stud to stud distance

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw a DIY thread where the center of ball stud on the OE links is 4.25" and the installer made the 'lifted' links to bring the sensor/stud to 3-7/8" apart. with your custom links, you have more latitude to adjust without over pressuring your shock body, so you may need to shorten the link to get around that 3-7/8" stud to stud distance

Thanks, I will play with it. I think mine are at 2.5" now and the truck still has about 3/4" rake or maybe a little less. It was late yesterday when I was playing with it. Thanks again!

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Thanks, I am running my own links and so far I can't really tell the daystar level did much. I am trying to figure this out in my head. If the links I had (custom) were inplace and we added the spacer then I would have thought it would be higher. Do I need to shorten the links? Does anyone have any measurements?
I believe the spacer just causes less air in the bags making for a less stiff ride when sitting higher. The links calculates how much air to fill in the bags. The spacer just requires less air. I played with my link settings when I first got them. At one point I adjusted too much and got the warning light to come on and had to adjust more. I need to play with the links more now that I have the latitude to adjust higher. I was going for better ride and I would say so far my opinion is a success. It was a stiffer ride in the winter months when I decided I needed ride to be more stock like.

Shortening the links in front raised the front end. Making them longer in the rear raised the rear I believe. I took measurements of before and after. I will try to find later when I can

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks, I will play with it. I think mine are at 2.5" now and the truck still has about 3/4" rake or maybe a little less. It was late yesterday when I was playing with it. Thanks again!
2.25” for the adjustable links is what I was told set the truck about level with the daystar spaces installed. How much did it cost to have them installed if you don’t mind?

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
2.25” for the adjustable links is what I was told set the truck about level with the daystar spaces installed. How much did it cost to have them installed if you don’t mind?
I know you didn't ask me, but mine was 250 for the Daystar spacer install. I provided the part and info on how to do it (he had done an escalade before on air suspension and many non air suspension so knew the jist of it).

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I know you didn't ask me, but mine was 250 for the Daystar spacer install. I provided the part and info on how to do it (he had done an escalade before on air suspension and many non air suspension so knew the jist of it).
Thanks, I would’ve asked you too if I had realized you had it done too.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It was 291.00 from the dealer. I preferred them do it due to warranty and the air suspension. Thanks for the info, I will check my links

EvoRAM

Reaction score
I see that most or all of you guys are using the daystar with custom links. Now what about just using the stock links? Is it require to go with custom?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I see that most or all of you guys are using the daystar with custom links. Now what about just using the stock links? Is it require to go with custom?
From my understanding it’s required to go with some kind of altered/adjustable links because with the level I think the regular links would make the system think the front end is too high and cause some kind of issue

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From my understanding it’s required to go with some kind of altered/adjustable links because with the level I think the regular links would make the system think the front end is too high and cause some kind of issue

It's interesting because I don't think this Daystar level provides 2.5" of lift in the setup we are using. I am still using the custom links which are shorter than the factory links and the truck still has about 1/2" rake in the back.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
It's interesting because I don't think this Daystar level provides 2.5" of lift in the setup we are using. I am still using the custom links which are shorter than the factory links and the truck still has about 1/2" rake in the back.
Didn’t you say your links were at about 2.5 inches?

Users who are viewing this thread