5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes why ?
So I think reducing them to the 2.25 or so will give you the lift you want. I remember reading online that the daystar 2.5 inch lift was closer to 2 inches when setup on some trucks. So if the links only have to raise the front end a half inch to achieve the level it shouldn’t really effect the ride any I would imagine.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Didn’t you say your links were at about 2.5 inches?
Shortening the links raises the front but not on a 1:1.
From Revel:
Shortening the Link from the factory length will raise the vehicle. Each 5mm variance from stock will adjust
the vehicle approx ¾ - 1”.

Adding a spacer and nothing else will not change height. You need to adjust the height using links. The spacer reduces the air pressure in the bags. Without the spacer and links only, I had a stiff ride in the front. Now I have a softer ride with less pressure in the bag. I can now adjust my links down to get a higher lift, if I wanted to. I have not changed my links yet, but my ride is closer to stock now.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shortening the links raises the front but not on a 1:1.
From Revel:
Shortening the Link from the factory length will raise the vehicle. Each 5mm variance from stock will adjust
the vehicle approx ¾ - 1”.

Adding a spacer and nothing else will not change height. You need to adjust the height using links. The spacer reduces the air pressure in the bags. Without the spacer and links only, I had a stiff ride in the front. Now I have a softer ride with less pressure in the bag. I can now adjust my links down to get a higher lift, if I wanted to. I have not changed my links yet, but my ride is closer to stock now.
No, I know it’s not 1:1, 2.25 is a measurement from one of the first guys to do this as what his links were measured to be set at to achieve his level so that is a good starting point.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
No, I know it’s not 1:1, 2.25 is a measurement from one of the first guys to do this as what his links were measured to be set at to achieve his level so that is a good starting point.
We both agree then that 2.25" is the right direction for him and that micro adjustments can have a dramatic effect. At first, I thought we were trying to solve for why the spacer didn't change the height of the front end after install vs before. Going to 2.25" from 2.5" would adjust the front end higher, by about 1", per the calculations from Revel so this is validation of what you said, with more specific reasons on how we get to that conclusion.

Last edited:

EvoRAM

Reaction score
Sorry guys, noob question... I see that the kit listed on the first page comes with front and rear spacers. We would only need to install the fronts, correct?

EvoRAM

Reaction score
So looks like they are the same front spacers. Just that I’d spent a little more and now have rear spacers laying around lol.

From Daystar:
“KC09113BK is a 2” leveling kit that fits 4WD 1500 Rams with no air ride.

KC09139BK contains the same front KC09113BK leveling kit, and also 1” rear lift spacers.”

fact mechanic

Reaction score
So looks like they are the same front spacers. Just that I’d spent a little more and now have rear spacers laying around lol.

From Daystar:

KC09139BK contains the same front KC09113BK leveling kit, and also 1” rear lift spacers.”
That’s not the one I was told. I was told this one - model # KC09113BK
on some sites I see this listed as a 2.5” kit and on daystar’s site it shows up as a 2” kit. What gives?

MBPERF

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with air..... sounds like Daystar is a good choice, but where or who offers the best links?

Thanks Much MB

A10

Reaction score
Revel is fine if you don’t mind shelling out the cash for something you could easily piece together yourself.

clazer

Reaction score

From Daystar:

Has anyone put in the rear spacer as well?

Kyramtruck99

Reaction score
So day star spacer, revel link, and UCA keeps factory ride? I'm going to dealer tomorrow and will hopefully schedule to get all this done then report back as well.

Just got a new 2019 Limited

NJC1684

Reaction score
So day star spacer, revel link, and UCA keeps factory ride? I'm going to dealer tomorrow and will hopefully schedule to get all this done then report back as well.

Just got a new 2019 Limited

Are the Mopar UCA required as well or just something you're doing in addition?

Has anyone installed the 1” rear spacer as well? If so, what are the pros/cons?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online