5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
THAT'S what amazed me about the Rain-X product. I did ZERO prep, even forgot to shake the bottle! I would say AS LONG as you apply plenty of product, you're pretty safe from scratching, but i couldn't guarantee it! On the video below, i walked up to my "unwashed for a month" tailgate, (and was nervous about grit but hubby said GO FOR IT so i did :) Here's the vid of that:

Haven’t tried that stuff but the Chemical Guys stuff is great. Since it has canuba wax, it lifts the dirt away from the paint. I’m guessing it’s similar with the rainx. It’s important not to swirl the rag but to wipe in one direction, preferably down. Maintain that direction throughout. Keep flipping the rag so you aren’t working with a dirty rag. After a few flips. Change rags. It will take several rags to do entire truck. Afterwards, go back over with new rags and then buff in order to smooth out the canuba residue.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just got my order yesterday - looking to install this weekend. How did your install go?
All went well, as far as fitment it’s not going to “ mold “ to the grill but it’s nice and secured. Plan on taking the front end apart and prepare to be nervous about pulling things lol. Also the way they wanted it powered meant it ( on / off ) light would be shining all of the time. Mine is powered solely via ignition on. This way you’re not seeing the light all of the time.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got my Muffler and Resonator Delete....Amazing Sound, Growl, and Rumble!!! Here's the video....Enjoy:

Sounds good, Dragon. I'm thinking about replacing the stock muffler with B2 Fabrications bolt on Magnaflow muffler set up. And I've got a cold air intake on order with Afe.

I don't think the sound will be quite as aggressive as yours though.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds good, Dragon. I'm thinking about replacing the stock muffler with B2 Fabrications bolt on Magnaflow muffler set up. And I've got a cold air intake on order with Afe.

I don't think the sound will be quite as aggressive as yours though.

The B2 magnaflow is on the list for sure... not sure about intake at this point...

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
Finally got my Undercover Elite LX tonneau cover delivered and installed. Painted/color matched from factory.

Looks nice. I'll add weatherstripping to a few areas of the tailgate.

They changed the lock so that you can no longer use your truck key to open it. Support said that previous customers needed to replace the lock every few months with the old system. I may swap the lock out to a Pop&Lock. I hate having so many extra keys on my chain.

I'm also designing a flexible solar panel solution to affix to it.

4390FD0B-B662-4A25-92D1-73EC0F4558C5.jpeg

Realtyman

Reaction score
Mines at the lower speeds - dont notice anything at higher speeds but let me know what you find out - maybe its a similar problem for me. Still waiting to get my recall appt.

Brought it to the dealer the other day to diagnose the squeaking and get PS recall done. It started snowing so they couldn’t road test it anymore so I brought it back today. They tell me it’s the tonneau cover and to take it off and it will go away (Uh??). At least I got the Adjustable Pedal Recall done today while it was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
According to my dealer this module controls the lines and the splicing of all the cameras for the 360 surround view. They replaced it and my middle line in reverse is now there.
I wonder if it is possible to add that if you don’t have surround view now, and essentially add surround view?

Hadaway35

Reaction score
Going to be a long night. first coat of bed liner on, doing just the sides and front. Then I'm going to install the bedrug xlt.
261198442e65c4f068db2edd48891265.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Deriggs007

Reaction score
FWIW,

Lowe's also give 10% and it is tied in with their 'member' card which is scanned at every purchase... at HD you have to ask every time and a floor manager has to approve it (unless they've changed their policy)

You just have to tell them you're military/vet etc and show them ID and anyone can apply it, not just the floor manager. At lowes, you're right about the card. But I'm not a member, don't feel like signing up and getting my stuff scanned each time and still want to use my military discount, so I choose to go to Home Depot more often because of it.

Just personal preference, happy that BOTH of them offer the discount. Heck, I go to either one of them for most of my house supplies just cause of the 10% lol

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You just have to tell them you're military/vet etc and show them ID and anyone can apply it, not just the floor manager. At lowes, you're right about the card. But I'm not a member, don't feel like signing up and getting my stuff scanned each time and still want to use my military discount, so I choose to go to Home Depot more often because of it.

Just personal preference, happy that BOTH of them offer the discount. Heck, I go to either one of them for most of my house supplies just cause of the 10% lol

Glad you local HD isn't a pain in the ***... each one is semi-independent, my local HD won't let the cashiers ring in the discount.

Users who are viewing this thread