5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SacRebel

Reaction score
I replaced my stock dash speakers with JBL Club 3020 speakers. For less than $40 it might be the best bang for your buck you can do. The stock stereo sounds pretty damn good now.

Last edited:

kjn86

Reaction score
Picked up my truck from having the ceramic coating installed! Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra, installed by Zero Defects in Braselton, GA.

If you would, how much did you pay for the ceramic coating? Thanks.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly! I liked the Cummins but didn’t need to tow heavily anymore. Like you said, it was like riding a bull empty. It was over 8 years old and I only had 50,000 miles on it, a lot of it was long out of state trips. I had a older car as a DD. Got rid of both to have a 1/2 ton DD and one less vehicle. I had the Cummins hopped up and do miss the power and sound but it is quickly forgotten about when in the cab and behind the wheel of the new Longhorn! Here’s a couple pics View attachment 16385 View attachment 16386 of the old Cummins just for the heck of it.:cool:
I've got an 04 Cummins mint Laramie loaded 4x4 quad cab (top of line back then) with only 63,000 miles on it that I bought brand new and added wheels, tires, flares,ss bully bar, ss tube steps, matching paint snug lid, etc etc and loved how refined and quiet it was from previous rattling diesels. Ordered a loaded '19 Rebel in April and didn't arrive until August. This truck is so quiet and rides so nice and steering doesn't wander!!! The air suspension handles 1500# like its nothing, perfectly level! Now this Rebel makes the 2004 seem so unrefined and rough riding. If you add a Magnaflow cat back to your truck, you will think you are a kid with a hot rod, yet can cruise with the quiet cab when you are easy on throttle. Congrats on your good looking new ride! IMG_1612.JPG IMG_2877.JPG IMG_2880.JPG IMG_2712.jpg

Last edited:

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got an 04 Cummins mint Laramie loaded 4x4 quad cab (top of line back then) with only 63,000 miles on it that I bought brand new and added wheels, tires, flares,ss bully bar, ss tube steps, matching paint snug lid, etc etc and loved how refined and quiet it was from previous rattling diesels. Ordered a loaded '19 Rebel in April and didn't arrive until August. This truck is so quiet and rides so nice and steering doesn't wander!!! The air suspension handles 1500# like its nothing, perfectly level! Now this Rebel makes the 2004 seem so unrefined and rough riding. If you add a Magnaflow cat back to your truck, you will think you are a kid with a hot rod, yet can cruise with the quiet cab when you are easy on throttle. Congrats on your good looking new ride!
Wow! A 04 Cummins with 63,000 miles, that would be a sought after unicorn around here and worth lots of $. I agree also, it is amazing how refined and nice I thought the 2010 Cummins Laramie was (and it was for that time) until getting in a ‘19. Not even close. Enjoy your new Rebel:cool:

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took it to the beach. Caught some fish. Ordered tow hooks, bed rails, and bed divider.

How does the Ram rude on soft sand? I have had Avalanche, Sportrac and Wrangler. Wrangler was the worst believe it or not. Do you have to air down when bringing just the truck on? and how much. My Avalanche could do shorter flat runs in tracks easily. Had to air way way down 10 psi with travel trailer.

SacRebel

Reaction score
Last edited:

Rebel03

Reaction score
It’s too bad to had to custom fab the brackets to bring them in close to the body. I really like that look.
Thanks, ya I really like them. My wife loves them now that she doesn't have to jump into the truck anymore!

Ya I had tried one side a couple weeks ago to see where the brackets put the steps stock. After modding, it pushed them in about 1.5". It doesn't seem like much, but noticablely better now and the look I was going for. (No before pictures tho)

W9MCP

Reaction score
According to my dealer this module controls the lines and the splicing of all the cameras for the 360 surround view. They replaced it and my middle line in reverse is now there.

I have no centerline on my Limited (360 view, no tow mirrors), and am going to ask my dealer about it. The only question I have is that part number 68318033ag says forward facing camera, but I guess that just means in the direction it’s mounted, as opposed to a downward facing, etc? Unsure if there’s a different module for the cameras in the front VS rear, as opposed to front/rear VS mirrors.

Thanks!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have no centerline on my Limited (360 view, no tow mirrors), and am going to ask my dealer about it. The only question I have is that part number 68318033ag says forward facing camera, but I guess that just means in the direction it’s mounted, as opposed to a downward facing, etc? Unsure if there’s a different module for the cameras in the front VS rear, as opposed to front/rear VS mirrors.

Thanks!
Dropped mine off today and gave them the info you said about the CVPM needing to be replaced and they are going to look into it. The big horn loaner they gave me definitely has the center line as well.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dropped mine off today and gave them the info you said about the CVPM needing to be replaced and they are going to look into it. The big horn loaner they gave me definitely has the center line as well.
Interested to see how this goes. I asked my dealer about it, and they said I'll have to bring it in for them to look at it...they won't go so far as to preorder the parts. I'm still waiting on other parts since September, so I'll wait to knock out a couple of things at the same time.

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
Picked up my truck from having the ceramic coating installed! Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra, installed by Zero Defects in Braselton, GA.

Looks great! Did they top if with Gtechniq EXO? I applied Crystal Serum Lite (since I did it myself) and topped it with two coats of EXO v4.

Our 2016 MINI has Crystal Serum Ultra (or whatever they called it at the time) and is also topped with EXO. Only thing I've done in 3 years is hand wash it about once a month. Still don't have an swirl marks and it repels water like it was just waxed. Nothing will stick to the paint.

If you take care of it and don't run it through a car wash, it will last for at least 5 years. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Qrr