5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at the B2 as well.. is that the 18" or 14" muffler?
Post up your impressions on quality/sound.

i have had the Moderate B2, I forget the length, installed for about 3 months, absolutely love the sound over the stock unit.
To me, the muffler took ~3 weeks to heat cycle and "season" to the rich rumble we all love to hear. top notch quaity on welds and fabrication.

slimchance

Reaction score
the car wash must of had a clogged nozzle ... that is why they returned my money .. today we have 2" snow and tonight they say another 5" ... so, the stripe will stay on til weather clears ... kinda looks like a racing strip

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
the car wash must of had a clogged nozzle ... that is why they returned my money .. today we have 2" snow and tonight they say another 5" ... so, the stripe will stay on til weather clears ... kinda looks like a racing strip

I guess that gives new meaning to the term “touchless carwash”. They’re not kidding! :p

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Blacked out my third brake light with some 3M vinyl wrap, and polished the carbon off the exhaust tips. A15E9430-2DDB-4A87-855D-432E5A368AE6.jpeg

Quicker10u

Reaction score
Changed my oil at 2k miles. Never thought I would have to jack up the truck to do it as It's already so high off the ground. Made a mess of course as I didn't realize my drain pan was 6 quarts, not 7. Luckily I had my trusty Drip pan underneath and a tarp underneath that (I'm OCD, ok). The factory filter was on so tight, yet leaking. Not sure how that is possible but it was wet and had a drip at the bottom of it before I even touched it. So I replaced the factory filter with a Purlolator Boss and 6.5 quarts of Valvoline Synthetic 5w20 (FCA approved). It was a special that Advance auto was running for $30 or so for the oil (5 qt jug) and filter (must be upset Walmart and Amazon is killing their oil sales). Then they whack you with a $9.99 per quart cost additional. And people wonder why parts stores are dying.

Love my new GoRhino RB20 Running boards BTW.

davidn0021

Reaction score
All these mods make me think I should've just purchased the car instead of lease.... I think when my lease is up, I'll probably just buy the next one!

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Technically, yesterday - I dug out my Rebel from ~2' of overnight snow near Donner Lake, CA - lockers are fun in the snow!

y4mvPEuO9kdJvTL7HAGzYyXKt0Pd78UO6Pd6uPIKp6NeEsP7s9lJL8DIfDA19ha-mzNQvGkt9MtHv29xDgNiHvx3UPWFmSiHzmAeQBkjH3Ml3jIMUYF8859Hko8H7ul6Uv_-00UzhysaxX6laO5MScHHTwzwZH35hR7xyUUfU_1Be_qs2uDESXD36c3i2GpAZwRUkU0HvW1h1sSuCYNDEhAyg

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have had the Moderate B2, I forget the length, installed for about 3 months, absolutely love the sound over the stock unit.
To me, the muffler took ~3 weeks to heat cycle and "season" to the rich rumble we all love to hear. top notch quaity on welds and fabrication.

Goatmann - just checked the Moderate B2 on their website and it says the Moderate is 18".

I'd like to get something that gives the truck a little more throaty sound but not too loud. Sounds like the Moderate B2 might be just the ticket.

How was the installation? It looks pretty straight forward. Cut the existing pipe, remove the OEM muffler, and install the B2 with the supplied clamp. Seems this could be done in under an hour.

Thanks.

LKF

Reaction score
I just put on the 14" Magnaflow from B2 also. Only have positive to say about it. Agree with Hadaway35 that its a bit louder than stock with normal driving and sounds great under acceleration. There is NO drone but when going from 8 to 4, yes it sounds a little strange but to me it is not obtrusive.

LKF

Reaction score
I have spoke with Matt at B2 and asked about the 18" prior to ordering the 14" and he said the 18" is NOT available as a muffler only replacement but only as a full cat back. BeauxXL1200, read my previous info on the 14"; I think you would like the 14". It is throaty and not too loud.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Technically, yesterday - I dug out my Rebel from ~2' of overnight snow near Donner Lake, CA - lockers are fun in the snow!

y4mvPEuO9kdJvTL7HAGzYyXKt0Pd78UO6Pd6uPIKp6NeEsP7s9lJL8DIfDA19ha-mzNQvGkt9MtHv29xDgNiHvx3UPWFmSiHzmAeQBkjH3Ml3jIMUYF8859Hko8H7ul6Uv_-00UzhysaxX6laO5MScHHTwzwZH35hR7xyUUfU_1Be_qs2uDESXD36c3i2GpAZwRUkU0HvW1h1sSuCYNDEhAyg
That is great pic! :D Will Rebel let you cut "cookies" with rear end locked (but in 2wd) or does it think you are going too fast and unlock? I am jealous as my Rebel hasn't got to play in snow yet. :cautious: I read on this site from someones comment that the typical way that trucks from past with 1 wheel per axle spinning when in 4wd (in super slick situation) is totally different in these high tech trucks. If traction control left on does it make it super sure footed and stops driver from over accelerating? When traction control "off" does driver have full control of throttle or does computer still get involved? Appreciate your comments as to how it acts in different modes as obviously you have experienced snow driving. Does the truck ever apply brakes to an individual wheel that is spinning or is it an antilock function while braking only? Thanks!!!!

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have spoke with Matt at B2 and asked about the 18" prior to ordering the 14" and he said the 18" is NOT available as a muffler only replacement but only as a full cat back. BeauxXL1200, read my previous info on the 14"; I think you would like the 14". It is throaty and not too loud.

Thanks for the info, LFK. Did you install the 14" yourself? If so, can you give me an idea of how hard (or easy) it is? With no welding needed, it sounds pretty straight forward and I have a floor jack and jack stands, so getting the truck up in the air a bit to get up under there wouldn't be an issue.

I ordered an Afe Magnum cold air intake last night, but it's on back order and want ship until the first of April. I'd like to do the CAI and the muffler replacement at the same time.

Thanks.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Goatmann - just checked the Moderate B2 on their website and it says the Moderate is 18".

I'd like to get something that gives the truck a little more throaty sound but not too loud. Sounds like the Moderate B2 might be just the ticket.

How was the installation? It looks pretty straight forward. Cut the existing pipe, remove the OEM muffler, and install the B2 with the supplied clamp. Seems this could be done in under an hour.

Thanks.
i thought about doing the install my self, have the tools and the know how, but after a few calls to the local shops:

i took my truck to a muffler shop a few miles from my house.

George took the out old muffler, cut the pipe, bolted the new muffler up in about 35 mins.
he quoted me $60, but only took $40. i ws very pleased and refer/recommend him to anyone needing his type of service.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i thought about doing the install my self, have the tools and the know how, but after a few calls to the local shops:

i took my truck to a muffler shop a few miles from my house.

George took the out old muffler, cut the pipe, bolted the new muffler up in about 35 mins.
he quoted me $60, but only took $40. i ws very pleased and refer/recommend him to anyone needing his type of service.

I might do the same, Goatmann. $40 or even $60 bucks is not too much to keep me from crawling around under the truck. Thanks for your reply.

LKF

Reaction score
BeauxXL1200, Your welcome! Yes I put it on myself. Be sure to spray WD40 or a silicone spray on the rubber hold downs around the male metal as it can be a b---h to work them out of the grommet. Measure 1-1/4" from back of the muffler using a sawzall, hacksaw, etc and file slightly to smooth things out. Total installation took me around an hour (probably since I'm 72). I had already installed the Afe CAI and the two of them together sound great!

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
It's pouring down snow just now, here in the Pacific Northwest, so I thought I'd slip/slide on down to my local Ram parts department and pick up a set of slush mats.
They got a new shipment of them last week, so I snagged a set. Mopar part number for black mats for 2019 Crew Cab is 82215321AC.
Oh. For those of you with 4X4 AUTO; it works great - like a full-time all wheel drive.

Steve

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BeauxXL1200, Your welcome! Yes I put it on myself. Be sure to spray WD40 or a silicone spray on the rubber hold downs around the male metal as it can be a b---h to work them out of the grommet. Measure 1-1/4" from back of the muffler using a sawzall, hacksaw, etc and file slightly to smooth things out. Total installation took me around an hour (probably since I'm 72). I had already installed the Afe CAI and the two of them together sound great!

That's the set up I'm envisioning, LKF. The Afe CAI want be here until the 1st of April though. Oh well, that'll give my pocketbook a chance to recover from the hits it's been taking as a result of this new toy. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

• Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/