5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Quite the mess. It will be a while before “normalcy” returns.
Hang in there!
Our part of Western S Carolina suffered many downed trees. We were 7 days w/o power, lost all the refrigerator/freezer food etc. We’ve not had anything like this since the 2014 ice storm.
(Not) fun times… 🙄

Swapped out the vanity mirror lights with some Diode Dynamics LED's. Angled them a bit to the side otherwise they were blinding.

As far as Milton goes, we were lucky again here in my little spot on the Space Coast as it was only a Cat 1 when it got here. Even though it's eye passed right over us and we had gusts over 90 mph we kept power, internet and had no damage on the property. Our rain gauge got up to 9 inches and overflowed so I don't know our actual rainfall. Only lost power about an hour ago and for only about twenty minutes while the FPL crews are restoring everyone else's power. I think the last time I was in the eye of a hurricane was when I was a kid. Forgot how surreal it felt.

Last edited:
no pictures but today i put it on the lift after hours to see how much mud got caked on the frame and how many times more do I need to power wash the underside.

I ended up removing about ~50lb of dried mud from the underside while there are still many left on top of the fuel tank skid and the t-case is still covered. I'm gonna worry about that in 2.5k miles when i do the fluids.

on the plus side, the mud protected the underside from Bonneville salt lol

damn... on the plus side, you have game meat

time for some baja designs on the bumper or A-pillar as spot lights to see further!
I currently don't have the means to deal with it plus work... So I had to let it lay. I have been wanting some ditch lights.

Need to find yourself some stickers like this - for your drivers side fender.
View attachment 191128

Yes I do need a sticker package like that lol.

Didn’t feel like paying the $$$ infotainment and other want to add the wireless charging pad. Happened to have this laying around from my jeep.

Attachments

• IMG_3427.jpeg
    IMG_3427.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3426.jpeg
    IMG_3426.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 87
I currently don't have the means to deal with it plus work... So I had to let it lay. I have been wanting some ditch lights.

Yes I do need a sticker package like that lol.
get them SDHQ mounts with Baja Designs XL Spot or Racers. You can see plenty far with those.

get them SDHQ mounts with Baja Designs XL Spot or Racers. You can see plenty far with those.

Noted I need a fast way to turn them off and on maybe link in with brights or such. I do encounter 4 5 people between 430 and 5am. I dont want to be that guy.

Today I swapped out the insanely loud flowmaster outlaw for an aero turbine xl to appease the neighborhood when I start my truck at 5 am. The turbine xl still has a nice rumble. But it’s neighbor friendly. But I do miss the outlaw when I stop it o. The high way.

Today I swapped out the insanely loud flowmaster outlaw for an aero turbine xl to appease the neighborhood when I start my truck at 5 am. The turbine xl still has a nice rumble. But it’s neighbor friendly. But I do miss the outlaw when I stop it o. The high way.
Never heard of that muffler/exhaust can u share a sound clip?

Noted I need a fast way to turn them off and on maybe link in with brights or such. I do encounter 4 5 people between 430 and 5am. I dont want to be that guy.
a well placed switch system solves that. i put my switch pro right where the OE wireless charger is, since my right hand is always on the arm rest and that's the easiest to reach. alternatively those SKT mounds are good too but i need that space for snacks

Oil change and tire rotation, plus 2 recalls.

Just have to vent a little, the stealership charged $153 for the above and recalls were n/c.

I asked what the labor rate was and was told “about $200”. $189.50 to be exact. 😮

Since when is an oil change (bulk synthetic) $100? The 4 tire rotation was $20 and the rest ($33) were taxes and “fees”. They even charge for the credit card usage, 3% of the invoice. 🙄

Oh, I walked the lot and saw several 2024 SRT Durango’s for $90K, in case anyone wants one…🙄🤣

Don't think that I am returning to the dealer for oil changes, not unless they get some savings somewhere. Recently got a 25% off coupon for a quick lube place thats good till Dec 31st, I will be about due then.

Last edited:

Just have to ***** a little, the stealership charged $153 for the above and recalls were n/c.

I asked what the labor rate was and was told “about $200”.$189.50 to be exact. 😮

Since when is an oil change (bulk synthetic) $100? The 4 tire rotation was $20 and the rest ($33) were taxes and “fees”. They even charge for the credit card usage, 3% of the invoice. 🙄

Oh, I walked the lot and saw several 2024 SRT Durango’s for $90K, in case anyone wants one…🙄🤣

Don't think that I am returning to the dealer for oil changes, not unless they get some savings somewhere. Recently got a 25% off coupon for a quick lube place thats good till Dec 31st, I will be about due then.
We're getting ready to buy a 2024 Durango SRT392 AlcHEMI..they sticker for $91,175 MSRP..dealers are blowing them out at $74-76k everywhere in SE Wisco & N ILL.
🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗👍👍👍👍👍👍

Just have to ***** a little, the stealership charged $153 for the above and recalls were n/c.

I asked what the labor rate was and was told “about $200”.$189.50 to be exact. 😮

yea I think those are the standard prices across some dealers.
If I remember correctly I paid $139 on my first oil change back in 2021 but browsing a few dealers today it seems I would pay the same as you.
after my 1st oil change I started doing my own and just update/input the new change on my vehicle online plus I keep pics of the receipt just in case
I added the fumoto valve to make it easier on myself and the k&n washable air filter and get free tire rotations at shop I purchased the tires at.

As a side note to any G/T owners out there..when I did my oil/filter/tire rotation/air filter check, I popped the AirFlow cover off the "CAI" and at first thought it was clean. The front and both sides were spotless..but the back side (windowshield side) had dirt and small leaves, etc across the surface!
Apparently the "AirFlow" bypasses all the way around to the back side of the filter and creates a pressure gradient (just like in a crossflow intake manifold).
Just an FYI..looks can be deceiving, clean/vacuum that back side. My filter looked so clean, I wasn't going to take it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back