5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Having a good relationship with your dealership goes a LONG way in getting things covered. I’ve had things not covered by warranty but replaced by the dealership at their cost. I bought my first used vehicle from them 20 years ago. A few new trucks since then. I always get my service work done there.
If it’s more than an oil change, they always give me a vehicle to drive.
If one wasn’t available, my sales guy would hand me the keys to his own private truck.
I was a Ford guy for the longest time but never got this kind of treatment from the Ford dealership even after buying 7 new trucks over the years.
When I bought my first new vehicle, a 99 Dakota R/T, I bought it from same dealer I bought my current RAM from. But being military, it spent most of it's life in California. Found a dealer out in California that was awesome to work with, even though I didn't buy the truck from them. Took it there for all its service, after bad experience at another dealer. Knew the service writer on first name basis, and he said they were always excited when I would bring it in because they wanted to see what else I had done to it. Very modification friendly dealer. Then I got into doing pretty much all my own maintenance, and the truck was quickly out of warranty. Put 120k miles on it in three years.

Nothing
e862f33619368f935ca29c074251fcd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked truck up from dealer.

Passenger side CV axle on order, under warranty Not in stock at dealer. .they will call when parts come in. This makes me happy since everyone complains about how the passenger side CV axle can be a huge pita to get out. So now dealer get to do that. When I get it back from CV axle getting replaced, I will.then install my Tralmitice extended travel CV axles.

Second issue with service 4wd light coming in after attempting to shift into 4wd or 4-auto. Damaged connector and knocked wire on actuator. Not covered under warranty. I will be fixing this myself.

Passenger side CV axle on order, under warranty Not in stock at dealer. .they will call when parts come in. This makes me happy since everyone complains about how the passenger side CV axle can be a huge pita to get out. So now dealer get to do that. When I get it back from CV axle getting replaced, I will.then install my Tralmitice extended travel CV axles.

Second issue with service 4wd light coming in after attempting to shift into 4wd or 4-auto. Damaged connector and knocked wire on actuator. Not covered under warranty. I will be fixing this myself.
not bad I think
you think the 4x4 issues is due to one of your runs in the mud

not bad I think
Trying to remember when it started. Pretty sure it was happening before my last outing. Because I was concerned it wouldn't engage 4wd that dayz but it worked flawless. I have the @VICE design front skid plate and Skeeedycat car converter shield. So bottom is fairly well protected. Will have to climb under the truck tomorrow to check it out. They did do a TCM software update at first because there was one available.

Having a good relationship with your dealership goes a LONG way in getting things covered. I’ve had things not covered by warranty but replaced by the dealership at their cost. I bought my first used vehicle from them 20 years ago. A few new trucks since then. I always get my service work done there.
If it’s more than an oil change, they always give me a vehicle to drive.
If one wasn’t available, my sales guy would hand me the keys to his own private truck.
I was a Ford guy for the longest time but never got this kind of treatment from the Ford dealership even after buying 7 new trucks over the years.
Where do you live? I'm moving there.

not bad I think
Crawled underneath for a quick look before zinhad to leave for my job at race track. It's the axle lock actuator. I didn't see anything blaringly obvious looking at it. One thing I think might have happened is trying to get oil filter down through that spot is tight with the wiring right there, since I use a larger oil filter. So possibly pinched a wire doing that.

Crawled underneath for a quick look before zinhad to leave for my job at race track. It's the axle lock actuator. I didn't see anything blaringly obvious looking at it. One thing I think might have happened is trying to get oil filter down through that spot is tight with the wiring right there, since I use a larger oil filter. So possibly pinched a wire doing that.
interesting or maybe rodent damage? I am dealing with some myself. got a bunch coming over from an apartment complex next to me.
They are jumping into my battery area. I have been putting some rodent repellent but seems like its not really working. I will be trying a different brand.
anyway seems like not an expensive fix and not difficult either.
this is it right?
I am due for an oil change in December, I use the regular filter but will be careful regardless.

interesting or maybe rodent damage? I am dealing with some myself. got a bunch coming over from an apartment complex next to me.
They are jumping into my battery area. I have been putting some rodent repellent but seems like its not really working. I will be trying a different brand.
this is it right?
I am due for an oil change in December, I use the regular filter but will be careful regardless.
Definitely no rodents

I'm confused - you have upgraded cv axles you want to put on but you're having the dealer replace the OEM one? You just want a spare OEM or something?

I'm confused - you have upgraded cv axles you want to put on but you're having the dealer replace the OEM one? You just want a spare OEM or something?
Lots of people have had issues getting the passenger side CV axle out because it will get rust on it and not release from the differential. Having the dealer replace the passenger side CV axle will ensure it will be easy for my to replace it with the upgraded ones. And I won't have to pay dealer to replace it since it's covered under warranty. Will just make my life easier

this is it right?
this is when a cat can be useful lol
we recommend mothballs in a sack tied somewhere in the engine by. that's proven to work on few of our customers' cars.

“If it’s more than an oil change, they always give me a vehicle to drive.
If one wasn’t available, my sales guy would hand me the keys to his own private truck.”

Why are you lying? 😂
ngl for our really regulars at the shop the bossman does give them keys to his own private vehicles while we're working on theirs.
i've also given the keys to my e90 M when my friend brought his Acura in for service (only because he has a GT3 RS himself and knows to take it easy until the engine warms up)

Lots of people have had issues getting the passenger side CV axle out because it will get rust on it and not release from the differential. Having the dealer replace the passenger side CV axle will ensure it will be easy for my to replace it with the upgraded ones. And I won't have to pay dealer to replace it since it's covered under warranty. Will just make my life easier
Gotcha, I wasn't making the connection about the new one being easier to replace because it's not had time to get "set" in.

As a side note to any G/T owners out there..when I did my oil/filter/tire rotation/air filter check, I popped the AirFlow cover off the "CAI" and at first thought it was clean. The front and both sides were spotless..but the back side (windowshield side) had dirt and small leaves, etc across the surface!
Apparently the "AirFlow" bypasses all the way around to the back side of the filter and creates a pressure gradient (just like in a crossflow intake manifold).
Just an FYI..looks can be deceiving, clean/vacuum that back side. My filter looked so clean, I wasn't going to take it off.
The back definitely is where the most debris collects. When I wash mine, I do see dirt from all sides, but the rear is the worst. I know it is clean when I reinstall, but there is something in my head that makes me "rotate" front to rear :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back