5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Looks beautiful!
I'm too lazy, and hate doing that stuff..but love how it looks!
Background looks like Wisconsin..when should I bring my G/T over??🤔😆🤣😳
Thanks! I'm sore as hell. All the clay bar and polishing and waxing was by hand. I'm getting too old, but I love the results! I'm near Pittsburgh, PA. Bring it over any time! :)

Never heard of that muffler/exhaust can u share a sound clip?
Yes I will record it in the morning and post it after work tomorrow. The muffler is from aero exhaust. 30105 TurbineXL direct fit muffler -MODERATE SOUND .
They also have louder versions but I think this is a good balance if you live close to other neighbors and leave early in the morning.

New to me and finally clean enough to post a picture of (y)

View attachment 190802

Also put on the Gatorback mudflaps (no emblem) and bumper step. The bumper step was less than $100 on Amazon and I'm pretty sure it'll kill me one day, but it's a $200ish in savings bet I'm willing to gamble on :ROFLMAO:

I did the same thing with the window deflectors and went cheap. The past couple vehicles have given me issues with in channel ones and this one also needs to be guided occasionally but I think it's more just the molding of the cheap visors. I know the WeatherTech ones make an effort to push outward away from the window and I can see why now because these ones will snag occasionally and there is very little clearance between them and the window, which I noticed while cleaning the windows trying to get my fat nubs and the towel in there. I will likely replace them with the Mopar ones.

The rest of the time I spent crawling under the truck just examining things. It has air suspension and I can't wait to mess with that when it fails this winter /s.

I know they did an oil change and I can see it's fresh oil, but who knows what they used and it's a cheapo AC Delco filter, so that is my next project. I'm willing to bet they just threw some random syn blend in there. Still browsing for ways to avoid making a mess due to the filter location and all, but I think I have one of those guides somewhere in the garage from a previous vehicle with the same issue.

Lastly, I bought floor mats and have used TuxMats in multiple other vehicles, but the RAM won't be one of them. Just terrible fitment. I sent them back and got the MOPAR all weather rubber "slush" mats. When I emailed TuxMat about a return they told me to destroy them, send the picture of them destroyed, and then I'd get my refund. I found that odd on a $200 product and if that's their policy I won't be supporting such waste in the future. Long story short they sent me a return label but what an odd first option. Sucks because they are really good mats, but apparently only in some vehicles and real money laundering vibes going on.

TL;DR: So yea, happy and clean. Planning. That was my day. Took me three days total to detail the interior (at my own pace obviously and lots of 303 to the rescue) and I still need to do my dashcam. Tires are from Les Schwab (Back Country AT2's I believe are made by Cooper).
Weird, I've had Tuxmats since 2019 (older version since changed) and they fit perfectly and still look brand new

Weird, I've had Tuxmats since 2019 (older version since changed) and they fit perfectly and still look brand new

Yea I really enjoyed them in a Maverick and Crosstrek, but they were way off in the fitting for the RAM. Maybe something changed? I dunno. After my experience with the return process they are not a company I'll be buying from every again though.

Thats why these 5 are still on this lot, and will be until they quit indulging in magic mushrooms.

And they will sell them for around 70k (still well above the COVID profit % increase) on an 84 month loan with tons of interest and no less than 6k negative equity no matter what you are trading in. It's their new tactic. They use the window sticker as an advertisement and tell you how great of a deal you are getting with the price drop. But the total on the loan ends up being a reflection of the sticker price.

Scummy tactics pre-COVID and scummy tactics post-COVID.

Last edited:
After numerous forum searching and reading decided to put on new cooper stronghold at 275 65 20 on my bts ram. No rubbing at full locks, fills the wheel gap nicely, looks more aggressive and dont mind the rake. As for the tires they are little bit noisier than falken at3wa (oe version) higher pitch hum and around 100 kmh it does definitely have more howling noise almost like a winter tire even with windows up but it dissipates once speed reaches higher speed.
As for rain and snow offroad performance not sure yet lol

Also corrected speedometer, took average of 3% circumference and manual measurement came out to 2626mm speedometer is off by 1kmh at 115kmh compensated for wear of the tires in the future

1000013732.jpg

Attachments

• 1000013730.jpg
    1000013730.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 1000013733.jpg
    1000013733.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 1000013726.jpg
    1000013726.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 1000013725.jpg
    1000013725.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Dropped it off at dealer to have CV axles and transfer case looked at. CV boots are flinging grease, even though there is no visible damage to them. And it will throw a service 4wd light after shifting into 4-auto, if it even makes the shift. Sneaking in under powertrain warranty. But they didn't even get it looked at.

Dropped it off at dealer to have CV axles and transfer case looked at. CV boots are flinging grease, even though there is no visible damage to them. And it will throw a service 4wd light after shifting into 4-auto, if it even makes the shift. Sneaking in under powertrain warranty. But they didn't even get it looked at.
Wishing you well, Is it the dealership you purchased it at? Do you have a "relationship" with the dealership or service?

Wishing you well, Is it the dealership you purchased it at? Do you have a "relationship" with the dealership or service?
Having a good relationship with your dealership goes a LONG way in getting things covered. I’ve had things not covered by warranty but replaced by the dealership at their cost. I bought my first used vehicle from them 20 years ago. A few new trucks since then. I always get my service work done there.
If it’s more than an oil change, they always give me a vehicle to drive.
If one wasn’t available, my sales guy would hand me the keys to his own private truck.
I was a Ford guy for the longest time but never got this kind of treatment from the Ford dealership even after buying 7 new trucks over the years.

Having a good relationship with your dealership goes a LONG way in getting things covered. I’ve had things not covered by warranty but replaced by the dealership at their cost. I bought my first used vehicle from them 20 years ago. A few new trucks since then. I always get my service work done there.
If it’s more than an oil change, they always give me a vehicle to drive.
If one wasn’t available, my sales guy would hand me the keys to his own private truck.
I was a Ford guy for the longest time but never got this kind of treatment from the Ford dealership even after buying 7 new trucks over the years.
“If it’s more than an oil change, they always give me a vehicle to drive.
If one wasn’t available, my sales guy would hand me the keys to his own private truck.”

Why are you lying? 😂

Not the specific dealer I purchased it from, but owned by same. No relationship, because I rarely take my truck in for work, as it hasn't really needed too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back