5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade 2022 8.4 to 12 with Uconnect 5

Spos262

Reaction score
I included some of the items I purchased in the thread earlier. Mine is working and I just did the software update

Ram909

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number on the 2022 ram 1500 5c 12 inch radio module I ordered one on eBay and it’s for a 2019 and won’t fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spos262

Reaction score
This is the screen and module that I purchased and it was a uconnect 5 for a 22 ram
68526597ACCENTER STACK CONTROLS.
68504644AERADIO. MULTI MEDIA.

abzayas

Reaction score
does anyone know what cables is needed other than the 12” screen if I have a 22 with UC5?

abzayas

Reaction score
This is the screen and module that I purchased and it was a uconnect 5 for a 22 ram
I read on another post from Jimmy07 that I would only need the screen 68526597AC and that it would work with my current module since I already have a 2022 with I connect 5. Does anyone know exactly if other than the screen and the different bezel I would be missing anything else at all to make this work?

Spos262

Reaction score
Abzayas I think it depends on what 5c uconnect system you have. Mine was a 8.4 non navigation 5c so I needed to purchase the module, screen, bezel, and the lvds cable and another cable. Jimmy07 is a great person to ask and he makes the cables you will need. You will also need alfoobd program to reprogram the screen.

akostaac

Reaction score
Abzayas I think it depends on what 5c uconnect system you have. Mine was a 8.4 non navigation 5c so I needed to purchase the module, screen, bezel, and the lvds cable and another cable. Jimmy07 is a great person to ask and he makes the cables you will need. You will also need alfoobd program to reprogram the screen.
Thank you sir!

Reaction score

Hoping not to need a new module. I have a ‘22 Ram 2500 with the 8.4” w/ Nav. Purchased the 12.1” screen from Mopar so hoping the cables and module currently in the truck will work.

Reaction score
Hoping not to need a new module. I have a ‘22 Ram 2500 with the 8.4” w/ Nav. Purchased the 12.1” screen from Mopar so hoping the cables and module currently in the truck will work.

Jimmy07 got back to me and confirmed I DO NOT need a module, just a harness adapter. Hopefully this helps anyone is with the same setup.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Jimmy07 got back to me and confirmed I DO NOT need a module, just a harness adapter. Hopefully this helps anyone is with the same setup.
Would that be true for a 22 non nav as well? Or is it just the nav one that’s the same as the 12”?

knorrg

Reaction score
Follwoing; just purchased a 22 bighorn with the 8.4 non nav also.....

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Follwoing; just purchased a 22 bighorn with the 8.4 non nav also.....
What are you following? You can upgrade to the Uconnect 5, 12" screen now. Several people have successfully done it. Do a search and you should find the info. I don't have the link handy.

U

User_34235

Just to be clear (sorry that I get easily confused), the first part number is the actual screen while the 2nd part number is the module?
Do I take it that with the first part number the bezel comes with it or is that yet another expense? Just trying to gauge the total cost here for those of us interested, but like to know what we are getting into financially.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to be clear (sorry that I get easily confused), the first part number is the actual screen while the 2nd part number is the module?
Do I take it that with the first part number the bezel comes with it or is that yet another expense? Just trying to gauge the total cost here for those of us interested, but like to know what we are getting into financially.
You will need the bezel to complete the install. There are about 5 or 6 different parts numbers for that, depending on trim level.

rbusbee

Reaction score
Getting ready to do this upgrade. I got a screen and a bezel. I have the Uconnect 5 with NAV. So, I'll be using the same module; just swapping screens. Everything looks ready to go. Only problem is I can't find a screen size setting on Alfaobd.

Does anyone know if Alfaobd is needed for a screen upgrade with the same module?

Honestly, most devices today would automatically detect a new screen and adjust settings accordingly, but I was not expecting that on this project. It can't be that easy, can it?

Users who are viewing this thread