5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade 2022 8.4 to 12 with Uconnect 5

tkabrick

Reaction score
Getting ready to do this upgrade. I got a screen and a bezel. I have the Uconnect 5 with NAV. So, I'll be using the same module; just swapping screens. Everything looks ready to go. Only problem is I can't find a screen size setting on Alfaobd.

Does anyone know if Alfaobd is needed for a screen upgrade with the same module?

Honestly, most devices today would automatically detect a new screen and adjust settings accordingly, but I was not expecting that on this project. It can't be that easy, can it?
It's that easy. Only one setting in Alfaobd needs to be changed, cabin Net: ICS Integrated Center Stack to “not enabled”. I just did this upgrade last week and it works great now

rbusbee

Reaction score
It's that easy. Only one setting in Alfaobd needs to be changed, cabin Net: ICS Integrated Center Stack to “not enabled”. I just did this upgrade last week and it works great now

Thanks! I don't think I would have found that on my own. I connected to my truck the other day, and the sheer volume of settings is staggering.

Last thing I'm waiting on is a SM Bypass. I can't find one in stock. So, I can see the settings on Alfaobd, but I don't think I can change them. I wish my dealership service center was more helpful. I'm sure they could do this in two seconds. I discussed with one of them what I wanted to do, and whether they could help me. They suggested I trade in my '22 for new truck with the features I wanted.

rbusbee

Reaction score
Found a bypass cable on amazon. It's coming in Thursday. Can't wait to get started! It's going to be a long 5 days!

rbusbee

Reaction score
Were did you find it?
I was originally looking for the KaodTech bypass listed on the alfaobd website. Couldn't find that one. Eventually landed on this one:

There's a half-dozen other identical ones on Amazon. The keywords are "Chrysler" and "12+8." I got this one because it would arrive the fastest (it said "Wednesday" before it was in may cart; then became "Thursday" at checkout).

To be clear, I haven't received it to verify it works. Looking at the connections in my truck, it appears to be right, and the comments on Amazon say it's right. When it comes in, and I hook it up, I can confirm.

George M

Reaction score
I was originally looking for the KaodTech bypass listed on the alfaobd website. Couldn't find that one. Eventually landed on this one:

There's a half-dozen other identical ones on Amazon. The keywords are "Chrysler" and "12+8." I got this one because it would arrive the fastest (it said "Wednesday" before it was in may cart; then became "Thursday" at checkout).

To be clear, I haven't received it to verify it works. Looking at the connections in my truck, it appears to be right, and the comments on Amazon say it's right. When it comes in, and I hook it up, I can confirm.
I'll be waiting to see.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I'll be waiting to see.
Any of the Amazon 12 8 cables will work on all 2018+ FCA vehicles to bypass the security gateway module. They are all set up with the same gateway/connectors.

smacaroco

Reaction score
Jimmy07 got back to me and confirmed I DO NOT need a module, just a harness adapter. Hopefully this helps anyone is with the same setup.

Jimmy07 got back to me and confirmed I DO NOT need a module, just a harness adapter. Hopefully this helps anyone is with the same setup.
Hi Guys,
looking to do the same project , but was wondering if you could provide the product numbers that you need to order the screen and bezel. I have a 2022 Laramie Uconnect 5 w/ nav

smacaroco

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
looking to do the same project , but was wondering if you could provide the product numbers that you need to order the screen and bezel. I have a 2022 Laramie Uconnect 5 w/ nav. Any feed back would be great!

smacaroco

Reaction score
Hi, I'm doing the same to my truck and wanted to see how to get that harness adapter?

rbusbee

Reaction score

smacaroco

Reaction score
How do you get to the cabin net: it’s integrated center stack? Just asking so when I get all my parts in I’m ready to go.

2Wheelz

Reaction score
For you non-nav folks who done this upgrade. Where are you ordering the module? the part suppliers (the few that I've called) are saying only for warranty replacements and can not be ordered. I've been waiting to do this since i have everything BUT the module.

smacaroco

Reaction score
I ordered mine through Mopar. I just can’t find the part # for the part that sits on top of the bezel. My old one doesn’t fit.

Dex17

Reaction score
I’m seeing places are now selling the module 68504644AF instead of 68504644AE. I assume 68504644AF is a newer model given the “F”…has anyone bought this radio module instead of the 68504644AE module? Or would it be best to stick with the 68504644AE module that we know works…if we can get our hands on it

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m seeing places are now selling the module 68504644AF instead of 68504644AE. I assume 68504644AF is a newer model given the “F”…has anyone bought this radio module instead of the 68504644AE module? Or would it be best to stick with the 68504644AE module that we know works…if we can get our hands on it
I checked thos numbers and either one is no longer avaiable. I would not know if either will work, I don't have uConnect 5

Dex17

Reaction score
Another update: Went thru Mopar directly for the module and was told it was on backorder with no ETA on restock. So here I am stuck with a 12" radio sitting in the closet till further notice

So update: Called 3 different mopar suppliers and each one said the same thing that they can’t ship out the module because they have to do an exchange with a current module to receive a new one or else they get hit with a $1000 core charge. Don’t know if this is a new thing cause it seems like people didn’t have a problem getting modules this past summer/fall from previous posts

@Spos262 mind saying where you received the module from?

Last edited:

2Wheelz

Reaction score
I found an Ebay seller that has the modules. He put together a 12.1 screen, bezel (w/aux switches) and a new radio module (he doesnt list them on his storefront, just ask for it) So if you looking for parts hit this guy up on Ebay. search for seller: tturnas

Users who are viewing this thread