5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have been battling an on and off issue with registration verification emails not being sent out with certain users. We have finally got the issue resolved so if you have tried registering for the site but have not received a verification email, just request another verification email when you log in and you should now receive it. If you still don't receive the verification email, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you. Thanks!

Upgrade 2022 8.4 to 12 with Uconnect 5

kvaughn8888

Reaction score
I have looked but couldn't find anything. I bought a new 2022 Power Wagon a month ago. Love the truck. I wanted the 12 inch screen but they only had the 8.4. Truck was a great price so I went for it. Now I want to see about upgrading this little 8.4 screen to the 12 inch screen. I have seen others do it for the 19-21 with the uconnect 4 but want to keep the new uconnect 5. Has anyone tried this yet?

vincentw56

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We are working on Uconnect 5 upgrade. Getting the parts to try it is the biggest issue right now. There are a couple of people working on it. There's already thread about it.

kvaughn8888

Reaction score
We are working on Uconnect 5 upgrade. Getting the parts to try it is the biggest issue right now. There are a couple of people working on it. There's already thread about it.
Do you know where that thread is?

vincentw56

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know where that thread is?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He has a '22 already so it might just be a screen swap and some programming.

kvaughn8888

Reaction score
Yep, already have the uconnect 5. What I don't know is if I just buy the 12 inch center stack, would my current module for the 8.4 work with the new 12 inch screen

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think your current module can handle the split screen function.

Users who are viewing this thread