5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade 2019 RAM 1500 Infotainment to Uconnect 5

Imadjiddawi

Reaction score
Since i’ts been confirmed that 2022 Ram 1500 will support Uconnect 5, do you think that 2019 Ram 1500 owners will be able to update their system to Uconnect 5. If not, do you think we will be able to replace our current infotainment aiment system with the new Uconnect 5 version?

Info: I currently own a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

MLB12

Reaction score
So here's an interesting thought-I would suspect that when taking our trucks in for possible warranty work one should reset the BCM to 2021MY, or whatever MY your particular truck is.

Any thoughts on that?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So here's an interesting thought-I would suspect that when taking our trucks in for possible warranty work one should reset the BCM to 2021MY, or whatever MY your particular truck is.

Any thoughts on that?
You changed your BCM MY?

Perhaps you are just thinking of the selection made in AlfaOBD (which frankly, isn't always accurate.)

MLB12

Reaction score
You changed your BCM MY?

Perhaps you are just thinking of the selection made in AlfaOBD (which frankly, isn't always accurate.)
That's exactly what I am thinking about but now I'm a bit confused(not that it takes much) in that using the AlfaOBD makes the BCM think that the truck is a '22 so that it wakes up all the features of the UC 5?

MLB12

Reaction score
So, here's where I'm at in doing the UC5 upgrade in my 2021 10th Anniversary Longhorn.

I have got the UC5 display and radio module installed and the change to the 2022 MY using AlfaOBD. I have the front and rear cameras working but as everyone knows the surround system won't work without the new camera module, which for me is still 3-4 weeks away, but I wanted to get what I could in and operating.

I have found a couple of things that are concerning; first off, I can't initiate a phone call using the steering wheel Call(green) button. All it does is brings up the keypad and the radio just keeps playing away. However, I can make a call using the voice recognition button on the steering wheel, but then I can end the call using the End(red) button. Something doesn't seem to be connecting in the background for initiating a call. I've tried deleting and pairing the phone and radio a couple of times, but nothing works.

Has anyone who has done the UC5 upgrade experienced this as well?

Second-I can't find anything in the touchscreen settings to be able to set up or customize the Heads Up Display in my truck. And the HUD controls to be used on the steering wheel can't be found any longer.

Interestingly, on Page 4 of the instrument cluster settings I now have that page called Driver Assist. It just sits there, I can't do anything with it. Has anyone seen this condition?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

MLB12

Reaction score
So, here's where I'm at in doing the UC5 upgrade in my 2021 10th Anniversary Longhorn.

I have got the UC5 display and radio module installed and the change to the 2022 MY using AlfaOBD. I have the front and rear cameras working but as everyone knows the surround system won't work without the new camera module, which for me is still 3-4 weeks away, but I wanted to get what I could in and operating.

I have found a couple of things that are concerning; first off, I can't initiate a phone call using the steering wheel Call(green) button. All it does is brings up the keypad and the radio just keeps playing away. However, I can make a call using the voice recognition button on the steering wheel, but then I can end the call using the End(red) button. Something doesn't seem to be connecting in the background for initiating a call. I've tried deleting and pairing the phone and radio a couple of times, but nothing works.

Second-I can't find anything in the touchscreen settings to be able to set up or customize the Heads Up Display in my truck. And the HUD controls to be used on the steering wheel can't be found any longer.

Interestingly, on Page 4 of the instrument cluster settings I now have that page called Driver Assist. It just sits there, I can't do anything with it. Has anyone seen this condition?

Well, I've got the HUD steering wheel controls working. I basically undid all changes made using AlfaOBD and put the truck back to 'original, then started over and now I can program the HUD, at least with the programability allowed through the steering wheel controls. Just the touchscreen ability to program to go, and of course trying to get the Call(green) button for the phone working.

Cesar592

Reaction score
today i tried to install uconnect 5 and the screen is black it does nothing i put the uconnect 4 and it works i already changed the bcm with alpha to 2022

Cesar592

Reaction score
Which lvds cable are you using? The one for UC4 won’t turn on a UC5 screen.
i bought this as it had to work tomorrow i will try my wife's jeep 2022 if it works then the cable they sell is useless for uc5

Attachments

• FF4F5396-2DB1-4B1F-A9FF-6AF312A6ACA4.png
    FF4F5396-2DB1-4B1F-A9FF-6AF312A6ACA4.png
    284.7 KB · Views: 108

ram365

Reaction score
what lvds cable are you using and is it uc5
Yes it’s UC5 model, screen, and UC5 cables. As of now I only have the lights around the radio turning on when the car is on. I don’t have AC functions, radio functions or screen.

I just disconnected the battery to see if it’ll do anything. I contemplated doing a hard ECU reboot using AlfaOBD but I figured I’d try to battery option first.

Cesar592

Reaction score
Yes it’s UC5 model, screen, and UC5 cables. As of now I only have the lights around the radio turning on when the car is on. I don’t have AC functions, radio functions or screen.

I just disconnected the battery to see if it’ll do anything. I contemplated doing a hard ECU reboot using AlfaOBD but I figured I’d try to battery option first.
where did you get the lvds cable

ram813ltd

Reaction score

would be easier to get a 2022 truck

MLB12

Reaction score
To all who have changed their UC4 out for a UC5 system, have you had any issues calibrating your Surround cameras? For whatever reason I can't get the CVPM to connect using AlfaOBD, latest version.
If anyone has had the same issue, please let us know.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To all who have changed their UC4 out for a UC5 system, have you had any issues calibrating your Surround cameras? For whatever reason I can't get the CVPM to connect using AlfaOBD, latest version.
If anyone has had the same issue, please let us know.
There was a post about it. It might be above. You need the newer CVPM I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread