5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade 2019 RAM 1500 Infotainment to Uconnect 5

Imadjiddawi

Reaction score
Since i’ts been confirmed that 2022 Ram 1500 will support Uconnect 5, do you think that 2019 Ram 1500 owners will be able to update their system to Uconnect 5. If not, do you think we will be able to replace our current infotainment aiment system with the new Uconnect 5 version?

Info: I currently own a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

MLB12

Reaction score
There was a post about it. It might be above. You need the newer CVPM I believe.

I do have the newer CVPM so that's not been the issue, but as noted I kept getting blocked from moving on in the calibration process. Today however, I found out what the issue was. I started poking around in the AlfaOBD software and found a box in the Preferences section that had been checked when it should not have been. I unchecked it and all of a sudden I was able to get to where I need to be in order to do the calibration, which I am heading out to do now.

The interesting thing is, I've never been into that part of the AlfaOBD so I'm not too sure how the box got checked. As long as I can get the calibration done, that's all I'm worried about right now.

Thanks very much though for offering up your thoughts on the CVPM, it is appreciated.

Cruzman05thgen

Reaction score
Also, when you get the screen with the lane assist and park assist button, which is actually cheaper then
the one without them, you can add the 4 missing sensors and you have park assist working.
Could you tell me the part numbers I would need to get the park assist working on my 2500? I have a ‘19 that I swapped the UAX into and it has the lane Assist buttons.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could you tell me the part numbers I would need to get the park assist working on my 2500? I have a ‘19 that I swapped the UAX into and it has the lane Assist buttons.
Just to clarify, the park assist button on the 12” screen he’s referring to is the parallel and perpendicular park assist button, which parks the truck by itself. The heavy duty rams are not capable of this feature.
If you are referring to regular park assist, and adding that, those buttons are on the separate lower switch bank.

CaptainGucci

Reaction score
Hi, I updated to uc5 (very nice) but have fakra cables with no place on new module. Here’s a pic of my uc4 module and my ram used all fakra cables but new one leaves pink and burgundy without a spot. Any ideal to where they go and what they do. Thanks
Did you ever find out where the pink and burgundy fakra cables went? I'm having the same problems. Is everything else working as intended?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is from Jimmy07.

Purple- cell antenna. It's a small wedge antenna mounted above the radio in the dash
White- am/fm radio antenna
Yellow- satellite/gps
Pink- LTE antenna in shark fin on roof
Red- camera
Green- WiFi/BT
White- lvds

Goodmo

Reaction score
Hello guys, just instal uconnect 5 8.4, and have only one problem, no climat control option, can change with buttons but no available options on screen( can't see hi or low temperature in this time. And also can't change mode only legs working

Fabrijack

Reaction score
I have done the UC 5 upgrade in my 2021. Has a workaround been found to regain lte connection for weather, traffic etc?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have done the UC 5 upgrade in my 2021. Has a workaround been found to regain lte connection for weather, traffic etc?
Teh workaround is to call SiriusXM and tell them that you have replaced your radio. You need to give them the radio ID Number so they can match it to your VIN. They will send you activation signal to set up your radio.

jsmith032

Reaction score
Is there an updated shopping list to go from uc4 to uc5? I’m tempted to go the aftermarket route but was hoping to keep it as stock as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srborcsani

Reaction score

Mrgreg2

Reaction score
Since i’ts been confirmed that 2022 Ram 1500 will support Uconnect 5, do you think that 2019 Ram 1500 owners will be able to update their system to Uconnect 5. If not, do you think we will be able to replace our current infotainment aiment system with the new Uconnect 5 version?

Info: I currently own a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.
Hopefully some one will put together a kit with the 12” screen, new TomTom maps, etc so we can just plug and play with all over the air updates in tact including logging into my home Wi-Fi for map updates!

theRamguy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I found a link to purchase a UC5 12”. Has anyone done this to their 19-21 5th gen Ram 1500? If so how was the installation process?

Yes it's been done..

Hit up @jimmyfor your uc4 to uc5 harness kit. Aside from the new wires the install is pretty much the same as a uc4 12" upgrade.

if you have 360 camera you will need a new camera module. Jimmy can help there too.

NeighborNate

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my 19 limited 12" with 360 to Uconnect5 system. Does anyone have a parts list and where to buy as well as instructions they could point me to? I'm new here and am intrigued by this thread. Also, has all the functionality been retained now or are there still some trade offs? Any new features enabled like the camera view that looks back down each side of the trailer? I assume that requires some different hardware though. Thanks

SillyPenguineer

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my 19 limited 12" with 360 to Uconnect5 system. Does anyone have a parts list and where to buy as well as instructions they could point me to? I'm new here and am intrigued by this thread. Also, has all the functionality been retained now or are there still some trade offs? Any new features enabled like the camera view that looks back down each side of the trailer? I assume that requires some different hardware though. Thanks
I'm interested as well.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm interested as well.
Everything is listed in this thread you just have to read it.

Abhi.K

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new here and just got a 2019 1500 Laramie with factory 12” uconnect 4 system. I upgraded from a gen 4 laramie with 8.4 4c system. The only thing that bugs me so far has been not having full screen carplay on uconnect 4. I have been looking into this this thread and read through all the posts. So for the uconnect 5 system i will need to order the screen, radio module itself, and wiring harness. Is that all i need? For the guys that have already done this upgrade, was it worth it? Im asking because im seeing mixed opinions on how buggy the system and UI is. Since its been over a year has it gotten better with software updates and what are the known current issues? Seems like everything comes down to BCM and im starting to hate the 2019-2021 BCMs. Are there any major features in uconnect 5 that are not available on uconnect 4 systems?

Users who are viewing this thread