5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upfitter Switches

Reaction score
If you’re referring to the wires in the switch bank connector I referenced in the linked post below, your truck already has those six wires populated, and they terminate at a connector at the driver footwell.
Without having to stick my head under the dash this time, do you know what side of the connector is the aux wire connected to?

Is there a blunt cut wire on the opposite?

If i make my own wires, do I need a male or female terminal to insert?

Thanks Jimmy07.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Without having to stick my head under the dash this time, do you know what side of the connector is the aux wire connected to?

Is there a blunt cut wire on the opposite?

If i make my own wires, do I need a male or female terminal to insert?

Thanks Jimmy07.
Since you’ve got an HD Ram, I’ll link it’s thread for you, as it covers pretty much everything you need to know for adding the switches. That way this one for the 1500s doesn’t get off track- https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/aux-switches.97/post-28392

theRamguy

Reaction score
new to the thread. I just purchased an HD 2500 dash that came with the upfitter switches. if someone is interested and wants them I'll post pictures later. I'm in MD

TravisH

Reaction score
Still no luck on my end. Tried again today. The pins are all still negative. They turn off with ignition. I switched the two configs [mention]Jimmy07 [/mention] said. I tried a few months ago and had the aux switch settings on the 12” for one ignition cycle (before I had the switch bank). The top four buttons work as intended. I tried switching CBC to six switches even though Jimmy said “No aux”.

Anyone have any ideas? I haven’t tried putting a resistive load on the output yet but was going to hook up a relay to test.

*Update* ground (phantom?) from the pins is not enough to trigger a relay. Verified relay is working from ground on pin 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Still no luck on my end. Tried again today. The pins are all still negative. They turn off with ignition. I switched the two configs [mention]Jimmy07 [/mention] said. I tried a few months ago and had the aux switch settings on the 12” for one ignition cycle (before I had the switch bank). The top four buttons work as intended. I tried switching CBC to six switches even though Jimmy said “No aux”.

Anyone have any ideas? I haven’t tried putting a resistive load on the output yet but was going to hook up a relay to test.

*Update* ground (phantom?) from the pins is not enough to trigger a relay. Verified relay is working from ground on pin 7.

The aux switch output wires aren’t going to do anything until the BCM is told they are there (with what setting, I’m not sure). I have a system ID of a TRX with the switches, but there’s some entries that don’t make sense. I need try to find someone with a TRX with switches again to give me their backup file for the BCM (the file that has all numbers, starting with 62 on each row).
C65FEB2D-353F-44BE-8C57-9B14DEA5D0CC.jpeg
FF6508EE-913F-45D7-9BF1-ACBC7175B831.jpeg

Aardvarkeng

Reaction score
@TravisH Do you see the Aux switch menu on the display? If so, can you modify the settings and have them remain? The issue I had is that when I changed the settings, they changed back. My theory was that it was because I didn't have the physical aux switch bank installed.

Also, you have a 12" display correct? I have the 8.4" so it would be interesting to see if there is a difference.

Finally, to confirm, the original 4 button functions still work (front/rear parking assist, traction control & tow/haul )?

Thanks...

buckeye2019

Reaction score
hey yall GO TO 4wheelelectronics.com THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH THE KIT THIS WEEK.... I just ordered mine this week. so now everyone can stop trying to figure it out.. haahaha

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
hey yall GO TO 4wheelelectronics.com THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH THE KIT THIS WEEK.... I just ordered mine this week. so now everyone can stop trying to figure it out.. haahaha
On their site, I’m only seeing the wiring/relay kit without buttons for the 5th gens, which leaves you in the exact same scenario as everyone else with the 1500 DT- figuring out how to enable the switches once you install them. Do you have a direct link to the kit you bought?

TravisH

Reaction score
@TravisH Do you see the Aux switch menu on the display? If so, can you modify the settings and have them remain? The issue I had is that when I changed the settings, they changed back. My theory was that it was because I didn't have the physical aux switch bank installed.

Also, you have a 12" display correct? I have the 8.4" so it would be interesting to see if there is a difference.

Finally, to confirm, the original 4 button functions still work (front/rear parking assist, traction control & tow/haul )?

Thanks...

I saw the menu on my 12” once and then they disappeared (before I had the switch panel.) Haven’t seen it since. Yes the other 4 buttons work as intended.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On their site, I’m only seeing the wiring/relay kit without buttons for the 5th gens, which leaves you in the exact same scenario as everyone else with the 1500 DT- figuring out how to enable the switches once you install them. Do you have a direct link to the kit you bought?
Isn’t the wiring/relay kit what’s needed to make the buttons work?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Isn’t the wiring/relay kit what’s needed to make the buttons work?
No. As long as the switch bank is plugged in, has power/ground/and linbus, and programmed in the BCM, the aux buttons will light up when pressed even when nothing is wired to them.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No. As long as the switch bank is plugged in, has power/ground/and linbus, and programmed in the BCM, the aux buttons will light up when pressed even when nothing is wired to them.
Well then back to square one 🤣

Afrojim2009

Reaction score
So forgive my ignorance only now getting into modern vehicle mods. Assuming you can get the screen talking with the switch panel, do you only need to run the device power to the appropriate relay wire and you're set?
Is there a kit electrical schematic or wiring diagram available? I do not see one on the 4wheel website.

Nick57

Reaction score
I truly can not believe FCA hasn't pulled their head out of their*** yet and realized that we want this and are willing to pay for it. Obviously they can do it being that it's in the TRX's. Come on already Ford even has this as an option.

buckeye2019

Reaction score
hey yall GO TO 4wheelelectronics.com THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH THE KIT THIS WEEK.... I just ordered mine this week.

Nick57

Reaction score
hey yall GO TO 4wheelelectronics.com THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH THE KIT THIS WEEK.... I just ordered mine this week.
They only have the wiring, no switches or a way to have the switches work with the wiring. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online