5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upfitter Switches

buckeye2019

Reaction score
This is my switch bank I found on eBay. I have been in contact with 4wheelelecteonics.com and they are almost ready to release the switch bank box to make all the aux switches work. Here are the pics of my switches. The black is my old uplifter switches the other one is the switches I bought off eBay.

Attachments

• 9E5DABA0-3380-4D0C-8C28-8A2E9EEFD04D.jpeg
    9E5DABA0-3380-4D0C-8C28-8A2E9EEFD04D.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 596C82A8-72E4-484E-918D-9E1B8F4FCEB1.png
    596C82A8-72E4-484E-918D-9E1B8F4FCEB1.png
    336.8 KB · Views: 177

Otto

Reaction score
Here’s the positions of the six aux switch signal wires in the connector that is plugged into the switch bank-
View attachment 107569
The terminals for that connector are TE Connectivity 1393365-2
For each relay:
The aux switch signal wire goes to pin 86, and completes ground, NOT power.
Use constant battery power for pins 85 and 30.Do not use switched power, as that is what the aux switch settings are for- to set each switch as battery or ignition power, etc.
Pin 87 is the aux output.
Here’s one of the relay boxes that people use in the engine bay when adding the factory aux switches to the HDs-
So if the switch is supposed to complete the ground and not positive, is the attached the correct wiring? I'll be the first to admit my wiring knowledge is limited and I need a picture to help understand it.
31e4a5382e0085dedb81cfee930a0123.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So if the switch is supposed to complete the ground and not positive, is the attached the correct wiring? I'll be the first to admit my wiring knowledge is limited and I need a picture to help understand it.
31e4a5382e0085dedb81cfee930a0123.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
That is correct. Where the pic shows “to ground trigger source”, that would be to the aux switch bank.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is my switch bank I found on eBay. I have been in contact with 4wheelelecteonics.com and they are almost ready to release the switch bank box to make all the aux switches work. Here are the pics of my switches. The black is my old uplifter switches the other one is the switches I bought off eBay.
You have traction control on your original switches. The one you show pictured is for a CTD, and has exhaust brake button, but no traction control.

Reaction score
That is correct. Where the pic shows “to ground trigger source”, that would be to the aux switch bank.
Thanks again .
I like it when things get easier to understand.

Whish someone could make a write-up for every thread instruction article.

Otto

Reaction score
You have traction control on your original switches. The one you show pictured is for a CTD, and has exhaust brake button, but no traction control.
Thanks @Jimmy07. Last question about the diagram; do you know the type of plug would fit that connection?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks @Jimmy07. Last question about the diagram; do you know the type of plug would fit that connection?

Which connection are you referring to?

Otto

Reaction score
Post #54 where you provided the pin out for the existing connection.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Post #54 where you provided the pin out for the existing connection.

The terminals for that connector are listed in that post.

TravisH

Reaction score
[mention]Jimmy07 [/mention] I need your help on the connector and pins. The connector is different so I couldn’t try it. I should’ve known.

*edit* I just saw the post #54 comment. That’s for this one?

ba9d62e6858d61bf96cc8b8112ac0c0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
[mention]Jimmy07 [/mention] I need your help on the connector and pins. The connector is different so I couldn’t try it. I should’ve known.

*edit* I just saw the post #54 comment. That’s for this one?

ba9d62e6858d61bf96cc8b8112ac0c0b.jpg

The connector is the same no matter what switch bank is used. The aux switch bank port is upside down compared to the regular switch banks.
1BE3A1EA-465B-47CF-AE96-70436A30EED9.jpeg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Edit to add to the above- even though the aux switch bank port has three key ways across the bottom, the same connector (flat across the bottom) is used regardless.

TravisH

Reaction score
Edit to add to the above- even though the aux switch bank port has three key ways across the bottom, the same connector (flat across the bottom) is used regardless.

Ok. It wasn’t sliding in as easy as the other panel so I wasn’t going to force it. I’ll give it a shot.

Afrojim2009

Reaction score
The connector is the same no matter what switch bank is used. The aux switch bank port is upside down compared to the regular switch banks.
View attachment 115512
Looks like iyou could run new wires to the connector and send the signal to relays and control the accessory that way. Probably wouldnt have an control over the indicator light or communication with the BCM but it could suffice.

TravisH

Reaction score
Looks like iyou could run new wires to the connector and send the signal to relays and control the accessory that way. Probably wouldnt have an control over the indicator light or communication with the BCM but it could suffice.

That’s the plan

TravisH

Reaction score
Plugged in the switches. The top four work. The aux buttons do not work (yet). It doesn’t look like there is an indicator light on the aux buttons like the top row. Each aux pin is showing ground signal and doesn’t change pushing the buttons.

Awhile back I enabled the aux settings with Alfa and a settings section appeared on my 12”. Then they disappeared. I don’t remember the state of the settings. I can’t remember if I turned them back off.

I will check tomorrow. Busy watching the Packers win!

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Plugged in the switches. The top four work. The aux buttons do not work (yet). It doesn’t look like there is an indicator light on the aux buttons like the top row. Each aux pin is showing ground signal and doesn’t change pushing the buttons.

Awhile back I enabled the aux settings with Alfa and a settings section appeared on my 12”. Then they disappeared. I don’t remember the state of the settings. I can’t remember if I turned them back off.

Thanks for experimenting with this, and keeping us updated. Go, Pack, Go!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

AUX buttons do have an LED indicator at the bottom edge of each switch.

Users who are viewing this thread