5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upfitter Switches

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like tazer is switching these two:

ASBM Present: Yes
Auxiliary Switches CSM Present: Switch 1 - 4 option

I can confirm this works by disabling tazer, switching these two in Alfa and getting the menu to appear. I didn't try 2-5 but switching to 3-6 makes the menu disappear.
I found someone with a TRX with 6 aux switches, and he’s going to get me his system ID and backup file. Any chance you can send me 2 backup files and 2 system IDs- one of each before and after the changes you made?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I’ve got some more info from a TRX equipped with 6 aux switches. The 4 aux switches setting is a no-go because that is only for a switch bank that has trailer steering control.
For anyone that wants to try, first make sure your 12” radio is up to date with the latest software. I’m not sure if an 8.4 radio will populate the switch settings, and I don’t know if a DT truck can be configured to be equipped from the factory with 8.4 radio and 6 aux switches. Here is a link to a post that has the 12” updates, and you’re looking to go to PR39.7.
These are the three settings for 6 aux switches.
CBC Features: Configuration Aux Switches PTO- SIX SWITCHES
Lin & Misc: ASBM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Auxiliary Switches CSM Present- SWITCH 3-6 OPTION

Once you make those changes, create a backup file (in the list underneath car configuration change). Once created, it will tell you where the file is stored. Find the file and open it up (it will be a bunch of lines of numbers).
Find the line that starts with 62013C, and make sure the 11th digit position in that line is D.
For the line that starts with 620143, make sure the 7th digit position in that line is 8.
And for the line that starts with 620146, make sure the 12th position in that line is E.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if it would work the same but my Wrangler 4xe has a smaller screen and the aux switches show up on that. It's UConnect 4 though.

Attachments

• B77F862A-1CCE-444B-BF1D-384E718307A0.jpeg
    B77F862A-1CCE-444B-BF1D-384E718307A0.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 46

TravisH

Reaction score
Ok, I’ve got some more info from a TRX equipped with 6 aux switches. The 4 aux switches setting is a no-go because that is only for a switch bank that has trailer steering control.
For anyone that wants to try, first make sure your 12” radio is up to date with the latest software. I’m not sure if an 8.4 radio will populate the switch settings, and I don’t know if a DT truck can be configured to be equipped from the factory with 8.4 radio and 6 aux switches. Here is a link to a post that has the 12” updates, and you’re looking to go to PR39.7.

Once you make those changes, create a backup file (in the list underneath car configuration change). Once created, it will tell you where the file is stored. Find the file and open it up (it will be a bunch of lines of numbers).
Find the line that starts with 62013C, and make sure the 11th digit position in that line is D.
For the line that starts with 620143, make sure the 7th digit position in that line is 8.
And for the line that starts with 620146, make sure the 12th position in that line is E.

Thanks for the help! Got PR39.7 installed and changed the settings. Confirmed the digits match in the backup file. Now 6 switches show up on the radio. The physical buttons still don’t light up though when pressed and no options work under aux work on the radio. Almost there!

db6036005c6b73a83ea70624ed60888e.jpg

57b2e9400e46f1d99aed331642a4b3e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckeye2019

Reaction score
With my alpha obd this setting does not show up? I have a 2019 bighorn

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With my alpha obd this setting does not show up? I have a 2019 bighorn
Go into settings on AlfaOBD and check the box for do not verify ECU. Then choose body computer MY2022 DT to connect to.

buckeye2019

Reaction score
Thanks jimmy did it and it worked. The buttons still don’t work I’m going to wait till tomorrow to see if it populated

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Jimmy,

Is it safe to use the linked files to update an HD 12.1" radio to the later version?

I'm on 19.43.1a and app version USA-SBX-12.1-LR-33.3.0-21091024-L0K4

Any downside?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jimmy,

Is it safe to use the linked files to update an HD 12.1" radio to the later version?

I'm on 19.43.1a and app version USA-SBX-12.1-LR-33.3.0-21091024-L0K4

Any downside?
Yup, I used it on my 2021 HD 12” radio module. You’ll have to do two updates though, one to get to 34.x, then the one to get to 39

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, I used it on my 2021 HD 12” radio module. You’ll have to do two updates though, one to get to 34.x, then the one to get to 39

Thanks, I read that in the other post and was planning to go from L->N->P.

Do I need to wait long between the N and P update, like do a drive cycle or anything?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I read that in the other post and was planning to go from L->N->P.

Do I need to wait long between the N and P update, like do a drive cycle or anything?
I would wait at least until there is nothing left at the bottom of the screen saying “installing such and such” before doing the next update.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would wait at least until there is nothing left at the bottom of the screen saying “installing such and such” before doing the next update.

Got through the first one.

Didn't seem to need any "ECU reset" for everything that was there before (cameras,etc. ) to be there and working. I assume because I'm simply updating a factory 12.1".

That said, I'm a little unclear on "Connect to radio tab and do ECU reset." I'm unable to connect to any radio modules with AlfaOBD and am hesitant to connect to the ECU to reset anything.

P.S. The first update installed with a NAViKS box still connected.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Didn't seem to need any "ECU reset" for everything that was there before (cameras,etc. ) to be there and working. I assume because I'm simply updating a factory 12.1".

That said, I'm a little unclear on "Connect to radio tab and do ECU reset." I'm unable to connect to any radio modules with AlfaOBD and am hesitant to connect to the ECU to reset anything.

That’s only for making changes with AlfaOBD, and forcing the radio to recognize them. Instead of connecting to body computer, you would choose radio, 2017 navigator module, and reset the ECU in active diagnostics.
You won’t need to do any of that for the radio updates.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Also forgot, I believe you have the kaodtech style bypass. You can’t connect to the radio module with that one anyway. It has to be the bypass that replaces the gateway module.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also forgot, I believe you have the kaodtech style bypass. You can’t connect to the radio module with that one anyway. It has to be the bypass that replaces the gateway module.

Roger that, I recall that limitation now.

I do also have a bypass module but not keen on tearing out the cluster to put it in if not needed.

Sorry to derail the AUX switch thread here. I'll post up the rest on HDRams.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got notification that JScan just did an update and it looks like more functionality for the DT was incorporated. I don’t know if it was there before but I did see an option for turning on the switches. I’ll see if I can find the update notes.

Attachments

• 75B8BECA-7A3D-45CC-99F6-30D0C8890333.png
    75B8BECA-7A3D-45CC-99F6-30D0C8890333.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 44

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got notification that JScan just did an update and it looks like more functionality for the DT was incorporated. I don’t know if it was there before but I did see an option for turning on the switches. I’ll see if I can find the update notes.
They were there before, but they still only have the 4 or 5 switch options. They are adding more stuff, though, so they’re trying to get up there to the same capabilities as AlfaOBD.
I wrote in the setting sections equivalent for AlfaOBD on each Jscan setting line:
EF9CF2BA-2FDF-4B71-9C2E-CCCC86D856C1.jpeg

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 admittedly I know nothing about how this works. I did see something in those options about Switch 6, but it was not clear what that was. I think from your descriptions AlfaODB it seems is still the way to go. JSCAN works great on the Wranglers for controlling things like lockers, sway bars and the like. My truck will have the 8.4" screen, so I am hoping someone will get the switches and try this out on that one. My Wrangler has the 4 aux switch option along with connections both inside the cab and inside the engine bay. It really is a well thought out system. Too bad it is not a stand alone option on these Ram 1500's as I think a lot of owners would order it.

Aardvarkeng

Reaction score
I ordered the aux switch module (with 6 aux) and it should be coming soon. I ordered and already received extra connector pins and sockets. I have the 2019 DT with 8.4" so Im crossing my fingers that this will eventually work. I changed settings in AlfaOBD and the aux switches show up on the menu. Only time will tell if this will work.....

buckeye2019

Reaction score
ardvarkeng I have a 2019 DT 8.4 can you tell me what settings in alpha you turned on I can get the aux switches to even show up on my screen.

Users who are viewing this thread