5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12" Software revision 18.45.40 Issues listed - PLEASE BUMP and respond so I can get this sent to the right person(s) at FCA.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@RamCares
I am also joining this list and am actually grateful that my problems with the 12" display seem minor by comparison.

The 12" screen goes blank after using the backup/surround cameras - doesn't matter if the camera comes on due to shifting to Reverse or if I turn the cameras on manually. Turning the radio power off and back on gets the screen to come back up.

My Nav shows no satellites so my truck has no idea where it is.

When can I expect the software update? Is this coming via over-the-air update or will I have to bug my local dealership?
My screen is blank this morning and won’t stay on. Only pulls up when I have it in reverse.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 51

btwistd

Reaction score
Can add me to the list...I have a '19 Limited (BD - 3/19, 12" - 18.45.40). I too have the rebooting, weirded out sketchy reverse camera, muted calls and navigation "off line" issues, albeit, not as much as some here has posted, but...

I have another issue with mine that I haven't seen mentioned yet...mine will randomly play itunes (via bluetooth) and Sirius/XM at same time. Only happened a couple times and would stay that way for hours. Radio would work w/o another source playing. The first time it happened...it fixed itself when I pushed seat/profile memory button. Other times, shutting the truck off and letting it sit for a few hours or overnight would correct the problem.

I've only discussed this with my dealer service rep as of now and will be setting up an appt soon. Worried it will be sitting for there for awhile. I've been pleased with my past visits for the rear window replacement, seat ventilation motor replacement, air suspension needed recalibrating...all my issues have been dealt with quickly and with no push back. We'll see about this 12' screen issue.

EddieW

Reaction score
@RamCares
I am also joining this list and am actually grateful that my problems with the 12" display seem minor by comparison.

The 12" screen goes blank after using the backup/surround cameras - doesn't matter if the camera comes on due to shifting to Reverse or if I turn the cameras on manually. Turning the radio power off and back on gets the screen to come back up.

My Nav shows no satellites so my truck has no idea where it is.

When can I expect the software update? Is this coming via over-the-air update or will I have to bug my local dealership?

UPDATE 2/19/2020
I proved what I already suspected, that the GPS loss of signal and the backup camera blanking the screen are related. Now if I figure out what the underlying cause is... basically, if the GPS acquires satellites and has HIGH reliability the backup camera will work perfectly. When the GPS does NOT see sats...backup camera causes screen to blank. OBTW, Ram got back to me...

@RamCares ... or maybe not...I received an email today stating:

Hello Edwin,

Thank you for contacting Ram Customer Care.

We are disappointed to learn of your concern with the rear view camera and navigation in your Ram 1500 and I would like to assure you that I will do everything I can to assist you.

Based on the information that you have provided, the best plan of action would be for you to see one of our authorized dealerships for a diagnosis if you have not had one yet as I am unable to find any available software updates for your Uconnect system. Once there, if you have any further concerns, you are welcome to contact us again. For your convenience, I have provided contact information for 2 dealerships in your area below:

At this time, we will be closing this case but if at any time you need assistance or have any further questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Ram. We can be reached at (866) 726-4636 at any time.

Thank you again for your email Edwin, Have a great day!

Best wishes,
Cara
Ram Customer Care

Well at least Cara wants me to have a great day.

Not sure if I'm interested in having the dealership get in there... I feel like they'd be guessing, at best.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
UPDATE 2/19/2020
I proved what I already suspected, that the GPS loss of signal and the backup camera blanking the screen are related. Now if I figure out what the underlying cause is... basically, if the GPS acquires satellites and has HIGH reliability the backup camera will work perfectly. When the GPS does NOT see sats...backup camera causes screen to blank. OBTW, Ram got back to me...

@RamCares ... or maybe not...I received an email today stating:

Hello Edwin,

Thank you for contacting Ram Customer Care.

We are disappointed to learn of your concern with the rear view camera and navigation in your Ram 1500 and I would like to assure you that I will do everything I can to assist you.

Based on the information that you have provided, the best plan of action would be for you to see one of our authorized dealerships for a diagnosis if you have not had one yet as I am unable to find any available software updates for your Uconnect system. Once there, if you have any further concerns, you are welcome to contact us again. For your convenience, I have provided contact information for 2 dealerships in your area below:

At this time, we will be closing this case but if at any time you need assistance or have any further questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Ram. We can be reached at (866) 726-4636 at any time.

Thank you again for your email Edwin, Have a great day!

Best wishes,
Cara
Ram Customer Care

Well at least Cara wants me to have a great day.

Not sure if I'm interested in having the dealership get in there... I feel like they'd be guessing, at best.

Thoughts?

I would not waste your time as the dealership has not fix right now. I’ve had mine in twice now and still having the same issues where it will power cycle every 20 seconds or so unless I have it on CarPlay. Dealer flashed the radio and nothing got fixed. My problem started a few months back after I was playing with Apps>Sirius XM Travel Link>Sports. From what I’ve read online the radio can/will get updates Over the Air (OTA) and mine must have went out and updated on its own. One dealer told me to keep checking for updates by simply opening Travel Link every few days which I’ve been doing without success. I did just find this website today and checked my VIN and it shows no new updates; https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

@RamCares please escalate with Ram engineering, this is driving us all crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EddieW

Reaction score
My 2019 limited updated last night. Photos of old and new software below. Went from software 18.45.40 to 19.49.13

I'll let you know if it fixes the bugs.

Attachments

• IMG_20200227_185816.jpg
    IMG_20200227_185816.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200217_114631.jpg
    IMG_20200217_114631.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 57
Reaction score
My 2019 limited updated last night. Photos of old and new software below. Went from software 18.45.40 to 19.49.13

I'll let you know if it fixes the bugs.

Just checked mine and no such luck. I was told if you go to App>Sirius XM Travel Link that it would go out and check for over the air updates. I’ve tried that multiple times and nada. I guess I’ll just have to wait until the update Gods bless me as they have you. Is your radio still doing weird stuff or has it stabilized? Thanks

BOShaughnessy

Reaction score
Picked up my Blacked Out Limited Friday (4 days ago} . Lots of the same problems. My SiriusXM disappeared (and grey'd out) for 24 hours. Nav was off by 1/4 mile. TravelLink grey'd out. Couldn't save AM/FM presets. While I was sitting in the truck typing another message to the dealership, everything came back (including SiriusXM presets and profile). I was happy for 2 days until I climbed in this morning and it's all gone again.

I've noticed that when alls working, I'm not prompted to accept the uconnect agreement at start up.

I noticed today the GPS Reliability is None.
It's disappointing to get a $70,210 truck and be embarrassed to show it off because so many things don't work.

View attachment 38526 View attachment 38527 View attachment 38528
Following up on this....
After about a dozen phone calls, and commenting on every Facebook post made by Ram Trucks (asking if the beautiful truck in the post had the laundry list of problems my new truck had), the dealership was able to expedite the replacement of the radio. That solved all problems (other than the horrible gas mileage).

bmarcurella

Reaction score
@bmarcurella .. I signed up for this forum today to look for issues exactly like this as I just purchased a new 2019 2500 RAM, drove it off the lot, and it started happening. Now, almost three months later I am getting the same responses every else is getting. You have to wait for an update. First the screen started going black and rebooting, then while I was on the phone on handsfree I could hear them, but they couldn’t hear me. They told me it was my phone, so we tried a phone (at the dealership) that was on the list of approved phones from their website and it didn’t work either. Same response. Still have to wait. But now the radio completely freezes and won’t do anything until it sits overnight. You can’t even turn it off. Took videos and showed it to the dealership. Still same response.

Another problem I think may be connected is there is no regulating the heat and air. Does anyone else have that problem? It’s either hot or cold. I can have it on 62 and it blows hot air or 75 and blowing cold so I’m constantly turning it up and down. It’s very frustrating for the amount of money paid for these trucks.
@RamCares

Yeah I am having all the same issues also. I just got the new update on mine and carplay stopped working along with issues with phone calls. I have noticed some issues with the temperature here recently but will focus on that later. I had it at the dealership for the first oil change a few days ago and they said there is nothing around recalls for it. To be honest, I believe there are just a bunch of issues at Uconnect and the way they develop and test their own software. After the update, I was on the phone for maybe 5 minutes and then all of a sudden I was being told I couldn't be heard at all. I have definitely found that there are issues with Bluetooth or Connected Phone call audio/mic combination. I had to get my whole Uconnect screen replaced once already so we will see what happens next. Keep me posted.

Reaction score
010df4f5c83a74b65a74be83bee3bbfb.jpg

Looks like it’s my turn, hopeful it’s not filled with worse bugs than b4. Here goes nothing!

Reaction score
Alright! Mine updated quickly and everything looks back to normal. I’m extremely excited to report that for the 1st time in ~3 months the radio is NOT shutting off by itself! I really cannot remember the last time this thing worked right but it was over 3 months for sure.

94d344f4e250082105ebc08b6ebe25ce.jpg

EddieW

Reaction score
So it's been a couple months since the software update and, so far, my radio/Nav/cameras have been working properly.

I just received a recall notice in the mail for "the backup camera staying on and possibly causing an accident" (recall W33)

The recall notice says you can have the dealership fix or wait for the Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update starting in May. I"m planning on waiting for the FOTA ... NO interest in going to the dealership.

Anyone know if this recall is new and different from what we were already discussing in this thread? Is it a new gliltch? Or is FCA finally catching up to what we already figured out?

Thanks!

Eddie

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So it's been a couple months since the software update and, so far, my radio/Nav/cameras have been working properly.

I just received a recall notice in the mail for "the backup camera staying on and possibly causing an accident" (recall W33)

The recall notice says you can have the dealership fix or wait for the Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update starting in May. I"m planning on waiting for the FOTA ... NO interest in going to the dealership.

Anyone know if this recall is new and different from what we were already discussing in this thread? Is it a new gliltch? Or is FCA finally catching up to what we already figured out?

Thanks!

Eddie

It's new and supposed to be available in May according to the recall notice.

stevestrike

Reaction score
It's new and supposed to be available in May according to the recall notice.
Looks like my truck has this recall as well, and I also have no desire to go to the dealership for it.

Now that we've had one successful OTA update, I'm a bit more confident that more will come. It just took them so long to get the first one out that it was really painful for me and a lot of other folks who had Uconnect systems that were not fully functional!

azzx

Reaction score
Fresh off the press from FCA customer service:
Thank you for contacting the RAM Customer Care.

We certainly understand how the issue you are experiencing with the off-line search and Pandora would cause you inconvenience or concern and appreciate the time and effort you took to bring this matter to our attention.

Online search currently not available in UAX radios and customers will see a Searching Offline message. ETA of resolution is NOT available.

We apologize the inconvenience this may cause. I have provided a workaround to search off-line below:

1) Where To
2) Press Other Destinations
3) Press Address
4) Enter address information

In regards to your concern with Pandora, this app is no longer supported and will not be fixed with a future software update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/