5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Options for 22' Limited Wheels with No Lift/Level

river rat

Reaction score
Those 305's look great! Once these factory Goodyear tires wear out, thats the size I'm going with.

MoparRamMan

Reaction score
Me too!
Had Ridge Grapplers put on yesterday - 305/45/22. This is a limited with air suspension, no level/lift.
I added Revel links to the front only (exact same tires/size) and I am not happy with the ride because NORMAL ride height is now actually OR1. Much stiffer and on broken pavement, very harsh. I may swap the factory links back in. 20201107_084244.jpg 20201107_084218.jpg

frostymug

Reaction score
Me too!

I added Revel links to the front only (exact same tires/size) and I am not happy with the ride because NORMAL ride height is now actually OR1. Much stiffer and on broken pavement, very harsh. I may swap the factory links back in. View attachment 74300 View attachment 74299
oh man that sucks! i was thinking of getting the same setup, since others have done just the links. Do you think adding the daystar spacers would help at all? if you put the factory links back in, will those tires rub?

ny2az

Reaction score
oh man that sucks! i was thinking of getting the same setup, since others have done just the links. Do you think adding the daystar spacers would help at all? if you put the factory links back in, will those tires rub?
Daystar spacers and links with air suspension is the way to go ... retains the stock soft ride ... without the spacers adding just links over inflates the front air cells to get the ride height you want while making the ride stiff or harsh ...

frostymug

Reaction score
Daystar spacers and links with air suspension is the way to go ... retains the stock soft ride ... without the spacers adding just links over inflates the front air cells to get the ride height you want while making the ride stiff or harsh ...
I really appreciate this feedback! Thanks.

MoparRamMan

Reaction score
I don't think they would rub with the factory links. The plastic wheel wells can be pulled back with zip ties, if needed. I like the look of the leveled truck, however. Running in AERO with the links is like NORMAL with stock links. You lose OR2.

R3ddickulous

Reaction score
Just had Ridge Grapplers in 305/45/22 put on my ‘21 limited and I’m extremely pleased. Was originally going to attempt 35’s, but tire shop convinced me to stick with P rated tires (vs LT’s) to maintain the smooth ride. I can tell the Nittos are slightly stiffer and a tad more road noise given the massive tread blocks, but overall I’m super pleased with ride and how quiet they are considering. The width and side wall really help with a more aggressive appearance. I have noticed a slight rub at full lock backing up, but nothing that can’t be fixed with some zip ties on the fender liner. Also, just took a 12hr, 800 road trip on them and the wife was even impressed with ride quality and noise (or lack thereof). Hope this helps others!

Attachments

• D2464EFE-3978-42A3-A80D-42DA8D0CFA98.jpeg
    D2464EFE-3978-42A3-A80D-42DA8D0CFA98.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 1,337
  • 563D57BF-FDAD-45AB-986C-61C91FA91BBB.jpeg
    563D57BF-FDAD-45AB-986C-61C91FA91BBB.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 1,348

Nanookian

Reaction score
Just had Ridge Grapplers in 305/45/22 put on my ‘21 limited and I’m extremely pleased. Was originally going to attempt 35’s, but tire shop convinced me to stick with P rated tires (vs LT’s) to maintain the smooth ride. I can tell the Nittos are slightly stiffer and a tad more road noise given the massive tread blocks, but overall I’m super pleased with ride and how quiet they are considering. The width and side wall really help with a more aggressive appearance. I have noticed a slight rub at full lock backing up, but nothing that can’t be fixed with some zip ties on the fender liner. Also, just took a 12hr, 800 road trip on them and the wife was even impressed with ride quality and noise (or lack thereof). Hope this helps others!
Nice looking ride! Two questions:
  1. What setting was the picture taken (e.g. normal, OR1, etc)?
  2. Looks like you have a full lift, not just a level, but can you tell us what you've done to the suspension?

R3ddickulous

Reaction score
Nice looking ride! Two questions:
  1. What setting was the picture taken (e.g. normal, OR1, etc)?
  2. Looks like you have a full lift, not just a level, but can you tell us what you've done to the suspension?
Picture was taken in OR1. No lift, spacers or links installed - all factory original. I’ve been contemplating the BDS 4” which retains factory air settings, but so far very happy with the 305/45/22’s on factory ride height so may keep as is.

Mat

Reaction score
Do you tow anything? I occasionally pull a pretty heavy utility trailer and P rated tires scare me.

R3ddickulous

Reaction score
Do you tow anything? I occasionally pull a pretty heavy utility trailer and P rated tires scare me.
Nothing major, but have towed a loaded car hauler @ ~6k lbs with no sweat. Previously towed up to 9500lbs on P rated tires and never had an issue.

marcwt

Reaction score
Any idea if I wild be ok doing 285/55/22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my 2020 Ecodiesel (it has the built in Air Suspension also). Hoping to not have to deal w/potential rubbing effect. Also-do you know if the 22” rims are 8, or 10” wide?

NCGatorRam

Reaction score
Any idea if I wild be ok doing 285/55/22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my 2020 Ecodiesel (it has the built in Air Suspension also). Hoping to not have to deal w/potential rubbing effect. Also-do you know if the 22” rims are 8, or 10” wide?
Stock Limited 22's are 9" wide

apineta

Reaction score
Try a 285/55r22 ridge grappler. I just put em on with adjustable front links and front Daystar spacers, you'll have zero rub even in aero. Without the level, you may have to do some light modification.

94aff33f50ed3ec229443a83f2af3625.jpg
e1f8048a2608bed7272d9f5a4215474e.jpg
869622b2c4cf92efa7ac352d8d23ab85.jpg
02834054956325399f9f82a046cf6c48.jpg
6be3b107ef5c82d2cc3037bc7f8bd86d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice. What cover do you have with your Rambox? Did you run into any issues with the utility rail?

Rburns1877

Reaction score
I have a '19 Limited and having the
285/55/22 Terra Grappler G2 put on later this afternoon. I went with that tire over the Ridge Grappler just because it's a tad shorter and about .25" narrower according to Nittos specs. I also heard it would be a quieter tire at highway speed.

Users who are viewing this thread