5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you elaborate I was told no by Zautomotive that shift points go by RPM and handled in pcm.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
The PCM absolutely takes into account the wheel speed reported by the wheel speed sensors...which is changed when you adjust tire size.

Reaction score
The PCM absolutely takes into account the wheel speed reported by the wheel speed sensors...which is changed when you adjust tire size.
Can you elaborate I was told no by Zautomotive that shift points go by RPM and handled in pcm.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

What I gather, the shift points are changed indirectly as a result of the tire change. So maybe Zautomotive is thinking your asking if you can physically choice at what point your truck shifts for each gear. Some programmers allow you to change the actual shift points. When changing tire sizes, you are not changing the shifts point to what you want, but they are changed due to the change of tire size which affect your differential gears and transmission shift points.

The Rough Country works the same, a change in tire size changes your gearing. Like I said this is a indirect outcome by changing the tire sizes with the programmer which was a direct change.

Direct changes cause other indirect systems to be affected.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What I gather, the shift points are changed indirectly as a result of the tire change. So maybe Zautomotive is thinking your asking if you can physically choice at what point your truck shifts for each gear. Some programmers allow you to change the actual shift points. When changing tire sizes, you are not changing the shifts point to what you want, but they are changed due to the change of tire size which affect your differential gears and transmission shift points.

The Rough Country works the same, a change in tire size changes your gearing. Like I said this is a indirect outcome by changing the tire sizes with the programmer which was a direct change.

Direct changes cause other indirect systems to be affected.
^This right here. An extreme example to help understand better- if the bcm is reporting the circumference of 31” tires to the PCM, and you install 20” tires without changing the circumference in the BCM. Without doing all the math, the PCM is going to be reading the wheel speed, thinking the truck is going, say 60mph, when in reality it’s traveling 40mph. The PCM will shift the trans into something like 6th or 7th gear, when it would normally be in 4th or 5th gear when traveling at a corrected 40mph.

Golferkris

Reaction score
Can someone let me know what the stock tire size with stock 22” rims reads on the DT Tazer. I forgot to take a picture of it before I messed around.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone let me know what the stock tire size with stock 22” rims reads on the DT Tazer. I forgot to take a picture of it before I messed around.

04c5d32bdc0c65bdf21d070881389a4c.jpg

Jameshaag99

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out. I plugged in my Tazer DT to get it set up and went in to marry but when I hold the left arrow and hit res it does not do anything. What am I doing wrong?

update- got it figured out. While holding the left button I had to press the cruise control button to start the marrying process.

Last edited:

bsmith144

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm its possible to turn halo LED strip lights off while in gear and moving or is it a parked option only. This is my main reason for possibly purchasing and don't want to fork over the cash its not an option. This has probably been covered in one of the previous 40+ pages but I was hoping for a quick answer. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm its possible to turn halo LED strip lights off while in gear and moving or is it a parked option only. This is my main reason for possibly purchasing and don't want to fork over the cash its not an option. This has probably been covered in one of the previous 40+ pages but I was hoping for a quick answer. Thanks in advance!

The Hall lights can't be turned off while moving or in gear. You can check out the instruction manuals on what it does. For a quick answer here is what you can do

DRL location select - Canada (DRL always on); USA (selectable on or off DRL) and None (DRL off)

DRL lights - low beams (like factory); turn signals (signals and halos on) and none (halos on)

No options to completely have everything off.

Fetch

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the park sensors becoming unavailable? Can’t turn them on or off, just says unavailable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious do this come with adapter to keep your obd port free? Also does this play well with alpha obd changes

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Curious do this come with adapter to keep your obd port free? Also does this play well with alpha obd changes

It does NOT use the OBDII port...it plugs into the Security Gateway under the dash.

jamaicanbro1

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the park sensors becoming unavailable? Can’t turn them on or off, just says unavailable.

I am having the same issue which started after I increased my tire size setting and did a reboot. I am also unable to access the standard menu as it is stuck in the menu when the engine is running. I have reached out to customer service but no response as yet.

Fetch

Reaction score
I am having the same issue which started after I increased my tire size setting and did a reboot. I am also unable to access the standard menu as it is stuck in the menu when the engine is running. I have reached out to customer service but no response as yet.

I did a recovery update then put the firmware back on and the became available again, until yes, when I went to change tire size and do reboot, they became unavailable again, frustrating. Also awaiting a response.

jamaicanbro1

Reaction score
I did a recovery update then put the firmware back on and the became available again, until yes, when I went to change tire size and do reboot, they became unavailable again, frustrating. Also awaiting a response.

It seems to work up to 35 inch size but not for 36. I contacted support and they said they haven't figured it out yet on the 2021 and they are waiting to get a local one in to make any tire size work. Hope we aren't waiting too long for an update. Will just drive with the parking sensors off because I think the speedo setting is more important.

Fetch

Reaction score
It seems to work up to 35 inch size but not for 36. I contacted support and they said they haven't figured it out yet on the 2021 and they are waiting to get a local one in to make any tire size work. Hope we aren't waiting too long for an update. Will just drive with the parking sensors off because I think the speedo setting is more important.

I have mine at 34.25” and it still is doing it. But yah I agree for now, speedo over sensors.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So to take this thread a little further you could set the tire size smaller, to adjust the speed governor to go over 104 MPH in real speed. How small can you adjust the tire size to?

jamaicanbro1

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread