5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this tool. Could any of you owners tell me if it allows to set the Forward Collision Warning settings?

Mine keeps getting reset to Alarm + Brake, and I have to manually set it to Warning only everytime I start the engine.

If the Tazer DT can do this, that would be awesome (along with all the other options ofcourse)
Alpha OBD can do this IIRC

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if changing the Tire Size with Tazer affects anything with shift points, etc? I know it corrects the speedometer, but wasn’t sure if it had any other affect.

I have 33s on the truck, factory was 32. I recently had a Tazer on for a few months and was averaging consistently 17.5mpg. Since I’ve removed the Tazer, I’m down to 14.8mpg driving the same roads. I expected to see around 3%, or 0.5mpg reduction off the simple computation, but have been surprised by much lower fuel mileage.

The timing seems to indicate the Tazer was benefiting the way my truck functioned with larger tires, but maybe there’s another variable at play?

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got my DT taser yesterday and downloaded the newest version which is 18 .0.5 , Does anyone know how to activate the automatic folding mirrors? I saw mirrors in the program but I do not remember seeing automatic folding!
Yes I did it while truck was running.when you press the buttons while running you will see auto fold pop up to turn on / off.
if you need dm me

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is another group buy thing going on? I've seen some in the past, but not sure if there are any current ones? Anyone know how much the group buy even saves, if its worth waiting for one?

Thanks!

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haven’t been able to change my dry to my turns
any ideals would be appreciated
12” radio, no 360 camera system

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could you have the drl turned off in the uconnect settings?

Do you see the option in the Tazer menu?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will check but I’m sure the are on. I set the tazer to turn, did reboot etc
everything but that took so you may be correct. I will let you know

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess when they replaced my radio somehow my drl were turned off. It works now . Thanks for the help.

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
Is anyone elses "Enable DRL" setting through the Stock Lighting Menu gone? Its not a huge deal because I can change it with the taser easily, but wondering if that is supposed to happen or not? I did do a full reboot twice (like it said when messing around with settings) so, it may just need a little bit to come back?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is another group buy thing going on? I've seen some in the past, but not sure if there are any current ones? Anyone know how much the group buy even saves, if its worth waiting for one?

Thanks!
Look for the Tazer DT group buy thread. There is an active one right now. $50 off

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question for those who have installed it. I just got mine and installed on my 2020 Built to Serve. Now my fog lights don't work until you put the turn signal on, and then it's just the fog light for whatever side blinker is on.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So was trying to play with my Tazer tonight. I couldnt get line lock to engage. what's the trick? Obviously one would need to be in Drive. hold left arrow and cruise + together. Pump brakes, even though it jumps forward between brake pumps, and nothing. Won't engage. I have not tried mapping line lock to any other button

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I know I had to repeat the process a few times and after the 3rd try I took it for a ride, came back, turned the truck off and left it in frustration for a few minutes, came back out and they worked. They've been set for over a year and I've had the battery disconnected for other things and they're still set up as turns. Keep trying?

DanD

Reaction score
I apologize if this was already mentioned (I searched but did not see it).
I'm taking my truck in to the dealership today for Oil Change and tire rotation. Should i unpair my tazer and remove when i bring it in? Usually i have my friend at the dealership do my oil and tire rotation. He does the work out the back door and i just pay him not the dealership so i wouldn't normally worry about it. But He's out for a surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread