5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

brenan00

Reaction score
I'll try it again in a few days.

As for the windows, I tried that already. I can see the dash responds on the 5th click everytime but nothing happens. The dash kinda flashes everytime it gets to the 5th push, no matter how fast or slow I do it.

Neither of these are deal breakers obviously but it'd be nice if they worked one of these days. As for the traction control kill, that's really bumming me out.
You said your firmware was up to date. Did you put the beta software 18.06? It is supposed fix some things for the 21's. If not here is how I did it.

The Z Auto website is lacking when explaining how to download the 18.0.6 beta update, or I just missed it in the manual and tutorial video.

This is how I got it to download.

Start at support.

Download the file update_beta2.exe in z auto programmer

after download go to download folder and right click then choose run as admin

it will install the drivers and the ZPU dashboard.

After it finishes, check the launch box,

The ZPU starts.

Then download the 18.0.6 beta file tazerdt1806beta1.zfw in firmware

goto the ZPU click manual under mode,

for device pull down tazerdt,

then click select file

go back to the download folder right click on the file tazerdt1806beta1.zfw click copy

go back to the ZPU and right click in the select file folder and paste the file into that folder

highlight the file then click select

then install firmware wait till done,

you will now see the 18.0.6.032321d1 under version.

Now I have a beta tazer but no Ram to plug it into.

If this helps, great. If it worked differently for you, better.

It might be because I am using my work laptop and it might be bogged down with all the vpn and security software.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
You said your firmware was up to date. Did you put the beta software 18.06? It is supposed fix some things for the 21's. If not here is how I did it.

The Z Auto website is lacking when explaining how to download the 18.0.6 beta update, or I just missed it in the manual and tutorial video.

This is how I got it to download.

Start at support.

Download the file update_beta2.exe in z auto programmer

after download go to download folder and right click then choose run as admin

it will install the drivers and the ZPU dashboard.

After it finishes, check the launch box,

The ZPU starts.

Then download the 18.0.6 beta file tazerdt1806beta1.zfw in firmware

goto the ZPU click manual under mode,

for device pull down tazerdt,

then click select file

go back to the download folder right click on the file tazerdt1806beta1.zfw click copy

go back to the ZPU and right click in the select file folder and paste the file into that folder

highlight the file then click select

then install firmware wait till done,

you will now see the 18.0.6.032321d1 under version.

Now I have a beta tazer but no Ram to plug it into.

If this helps, great. If it worked differently for you, better.

It might be because I am using my work laptop and it might be bogged down with all the vpn and security software.
I was unaware there was a beta version out. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is on the beta version and noticed any issues. I noticed one of the additions is ForceRWD. I'm assuming that's for our TRX owners out there. That would be pretty sweet to have 700hp sent to the rear wheels only and kill TC/ABS.

Also see that they removed the requirement to have cruise control on in order to activate line lock. I never would've known I had to do that if a member hadn't suggested trying it.

So far, I've gotten everything I wanted to work except for traction control completely off, the seat belt dinging and the windows up/down with key fob. Have a message into Zautomotive so hopefully they get back with some answers.

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the most recent update removed the need to have cruise control on in order to make selections. I don't know why they had it programmed that way to begin with. The Jeep pickup has never used the cruise button with the Tazer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think the most recent update removed the need to have cruise control on in order to make selections. I don't know why they had it programmed that way to begin with. The Jeep pickup has never used the cruise button with the Tazer.
Unless you have a Pulsar, then you still need cruise control on for linelock.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Unless you have a Pulsar, then you still need cruise control on for linelock.
Correct, unless you update to the beta 18.0.6 firmware. Speaking of which, my truck is saying there's an update for the Uconnect system and needs to be installed within 24 hours. Should I unmarry the tazer and plug back into the SGW? I don't know if this update will affect anything with the tazer either. Has anyone else updated their Uconnect yet?

brenan00

Reaction score
Correct, unless you update to the beta 18.0.6 firmware. Speaking of which, my truck is saying there's an update for the Uconnect system and needs to be installed within 24 hours. Should I unmarry the tazer and plug back into the SGW? I don't know if this update will affect anything with the tazer either. Has anyone else updated their Uconnect yet?
I do not know if the download is affected with bypass disconnected. The expects the car to be a certain way if it is not it could load incorrectly. So, getting a heads up and the opportunity to unmarry then do the update then put the tazer back. With all the sw loads/updates I have done on proprietary system sw it is amazing how kludgy software can be. Two identical systems, one loads fine (1 hour) the other blows up and you have to start loading from the base sw (2 days). Later and good luck

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct, unless you update to the beta 18.0.6 firmware.
I was running the beta firmware when I installed the Pulsar. Due to how the Pulsar works with the steering wheel buttons, you have to have cruise on to use Tazer functions, and not mess with the Pulsar

Smudger

Reaction score
I would like them to disable the auto release e-brake without having to put on your seat belt.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I was running the beta firmware when I installed the Pulsar. Due to how the Pulsar works with the steering wheel buttons, you have to have cruise on to use Tazer functions, and not mess with the Pulsar
Have you had any issues on the beta firmware yet? Has it fixed/added anything that didn't work on 18.0.5?

Also, what all does the pulsar do that Tazer doesn't, just performance tunes?

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I do not know if the download is affected with bypass disconnected. The expects the car to be a certain way if it is not it could load incorrectly. So, getting a heads up and the opportunity to unmarry then do the update then put the tazer back. With all the sw loads/updates I have done on proprietary system sw it is amazing how kludgy software can be. Two identical systems, one loads fine (1 hour) the other blows up and you have to start loading from the base sw (2 days). Later and good luck
So it updated automatically while I was eating inside a restaurant. When I got in the truck to go home, I noticed I had my music and nav back so it updated finally. No issues so far, never unmarried or unplugged the Tazer and all the settings I changed with the Tazer still function.

brenan00

Reaction score
So it updated automatically while I was eating inside a restaurant. When I got in the truck to go home, I noticed I had my music and nav back so it updated finally. No issues so far, never unmarried or unplugged the Tazer and all the settings I changed with the Tazer still function.
Great and thanks for letting me know what happened. Now we know, it has no effect.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you had any issues on the beta firmware yet? Has it fixed/added anything that didn't work on 18.0.5?

Also, what all does the pulsar do that Tazer doesn't, just performance tunes?

No issues with beta firmware. If course I didn't have any issues before. It does add the pulse their brake light, and allowed me to enable trailer brake controller functions easier than with alphaobd, as it's a one click and done, as opposed to having to make several changes with AlphaOBD.

As for the Pulsar, just different performance levels, which include different levels of throttle sensitivity. Set to performance, and the throttle can be a little twitchy at first until you get used to it

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
No issues with beta firmware. If course I didn't have any issues before. It does add the pulse their brake light, and allowed me to enable trailer brake controller functions easier than with alphaobd, as it's a one click and done, as opposed to having to make several changes with AlphaOBD.

As for the Pulsar, just different performance levels, which include different levels of throttle sensitivity. Set to performance, and the throttle can be a little twitchy at first until you get used to it
All 3 brake lights pulse?

So Pulsar would probably be a better buy rather than just getting the pedal commander.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All 3 brake lights pulse?

So Pulsar would probably be a better buy rather than just getting the pedal commander.
No, just third brake light.

And if you can find a used Pulsar for around $300 or less, it would definitely be a better buy than a pedal commander

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just had my first dead battery because of this damn thing
Just out of curiosity did you make any changes prior to dead battery? If so did you do full reboot? I have ready about dead bat issues after doing change and it was recommended to do full reboot. This happened to meLucky for me I guess I was in my driveway.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity did you make any changes prior to dead battery? If so did you do full reboot? I have ready about dead bat issues after doing change and it was recommended to do full reboot. This happened to meLucky for me I guess I was in my driveway.

Honestly I have no idea. I don't think I did. Not since I configured all my settings the first time and rebooted. All I remember is I kept trying to get the windows to roll down via the keyfob and after several unsuccessful attempts I gave up. Came out later that afternoon and she was dead dead. Like 5.8 volts read on my meter lol

Also, random question but is the tazer supposed to flash red while plugged in? I haven't gotten around to hiding it out of sight yet so I just notice the constant red light flashing.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly I have no idea. I don't think I did. Not since I configured all my settings the first time and rebooted. All I remember is I kept trying to get the windows to roll down via the keyfob and after several unsuccessful attempts I gave up. Came out later that afternoon and she was dead dead. Like 5.8 volts read on my meter lol

Also, random question but is the tazer supposed to flash red while plugged in? I haven't gotten around to hiding it out of sight yet so I just notice the constant red light flashing.
Yes the led will flash but it will shut off and go into sleep mode about a minute after you shut the door and lights and radio shut down. Once you unlock or open the door the led starts flashing again because it woke up. Not that it should have happened but playing with the windows and all the lock and unlock commandsfrom the fob probably prevented it from going into sleep mode and drained the battery.

Jack.

Reaction score
Just came across this thread, does the tazer makes it so i can run my DTR in amber instead of white? got a 2021 larmie, more or less probally wont be brighter either correct?

RickWaz

Reaction score
Just came across this thread, does the tazer makes it so i can run my DTR in amber instead of white? got a 2021 larmie, more or less probally wont be brighter either correct?
You can use it to switch from the existing, low output white lights and use your amber turn signals instead, and still have them flash when turning or as hazards. That's how I've got it setup.

Users who are viewing this thread