5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So was trying to play with my Tazer tonight. I couldnt get line lock to engage. what's the trick? Obviously one would need to be in Drive. hold left arrow and cruise + together. Pump brakes, even though it jumps forward between brake pumps, and nothing. Won't engage. I have not tried mapping line lock to any other button
Ust an update, not sure exactly when, but linelock works easy now. Took over a week, but it finally decided to come out and play.

Shives

Reaction score
I apologize if this was already mentioned (I searched but did not see it).
I'm taking my truck in to the dealership today for Oil Change and tire rotation. Should i unpair my tazer and remove when i bring it in? Usually i have my friend at the dealership do my oil and tire rotation. He does the work out the back door and i just pay him not the dealership so i wouldn't normally worry about it. But He's out for a surgery.
Yes! Make sure you un-marry first and then do the reboot for the 2.5 minutes. Then remove and plug back in the Security gateway.
No big deal. But, tampering with the OEM truck while under, I think it might have a negative effect at the dealership. Maybe not. But, I would remove.. the instructions also say to remove it before going to dealer.

DanD

Reaction score
Yes! Make sure you un-marry first and then do the reboot for the 2.5 minutes. Then remove and plug back in the Security gateway.
No big deal. But, tampering with the OEM truck while under, I think it might have a negative effect at the dealership. Maybe not. But, I would remove.. the instructions also say to remove it before going to dealer.
Thanks! I unmarried but I didn’t do the full reboot. After it in marry it rebooted but not for the 2.5 minutes. I hope that didn’t mess anything up.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Posted this in another thread but getting the group discount again...need 10 people. DM me if int as I need your email address.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread but getting the group discount again...need 10 people. DM me if int as I need your email address.

DM sent.

Also interested in a used one if anyone has one to sell... but haven’t seen one in a long while!

Gozar

Reaction score
I got in on the previous group buy and like it.
My only issue is the “exit menu” does not work, I hold the left directional button and press Cruise Res and nothing happens. It came with 18.0.5

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I got in on the previous group buy and like it.
My only issue is the “exit menu” does not work, I hold the left directional button and press Cruise Res and nothing happens. It came with 18.0.5
I watched a YouTube video of someone who showed all the different menu settings and he indicated that to exit, you have to scroll all the way to the last setting when nothing shows up on the EVIC (I think it is the last setting after you see the Version number) and then hit Cruise Res and it will exit. He also noted that Z Automotive recommend always doing a full reboot after you make any changes. If you search YouTube for Razer DT Ram 1500, you will see the video. It's probably one of the best in-depth reviews of all the options. Here's the link:
. I hope it helps.

Shives

Reaction score
So, I know many of us are having a hard time with the front camera, and getting the soft key to show up.
How many 8.4 radios without navigation have been able to get the soft key working? And then I am wondering what firmware you were on.
I was told that our trucks need to have cam-en disabled! But then this knocked out reverse camera.. I did ask.. you sure about this? So, I turned that back on. But, I’ve tried many ways, and still can’t get it going! Even with Alfaobd I’m not seeing this work.
Really the reason I got the thing.. Folding mirrors and front camera.

I’ll update with anymore feedback. If anyone can add or help.. I thank you.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Setup question

Can I set DRL to be off, halos on, fog lights on ?

I keep cycling through. I haven’t made any changes because it takes a few on/off cycles just to find out if I’m making progress. And then more cycles to undo any wrong steps, etc

SRTnationjc

Reaction score
I too was in the most recent group buy. I love it for the most part. Some little glitches and bugs it seems but I expect that as they work to perfect and add more to it. However, I cannot seem to get my hot keys to set and work. Only one that does is light shows. Anyone else having or had issues like that?

1500DFW

Reaction score
I may have missed this in the thread but has anybody successfully installed a front camera as the “cargo” camera and had Tazer turn on the option to use it? If so any DIY threads in what they purchased and how they installed it?

Reaction score
Anyone have problems with the exit menu command? Left arrow and tap res buttons.

Mine will not exit, I just hit cruise off and it gets rid of the menu. But it keeps the menu location saved so when it starts back to it goes back to where I left off.

I read somewhere someone said you have to go to the very end of the menus (after version display) but it doesn't state that in the manual. It reads in the manual like it can be done at any point.

Also, light show question. I have C2 set like this.

- Left Fog then right fog (5x and fast)
- Rear backup left and right (3x and fast)
- Front left low beam and front right high beam (3x and fast)
- Front right low beam and front left high beam (3x and fast)
- Rear backup left (5x and fast)
- Rear backup right (5x and fast)

Now my concern is this. When the truck is running all lights run at full power and looks great. Headlights are fully lit and flashing but....

Once I kill the power to the trick, my headlight flashes are reduced in power. Like a very quick low flash light. All other lights (fog and backup) at full power.

The wired part of all this is , first that the headlights are at full output when truck is running. But the other part is any of the pre-loaded light shows when truck is off the headlights are at full power, albeit they do not flash at the same rapid speed at my program.

Could the speed of my headlight blinking (3x and faat) and truck turn off be the reason? If so why? I believe the pre-loaded light shows have all the headlight commands set to "on", I don't believe as any of the 6 pre-loaded command the lights to have rapid blinks. Anyhow thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread