5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

fbatwork

Reaction score
I did a search but couldn't find the answer - on page 22 or so Truckdriver asked but I am hoping someone knows the answer so that I don't have to read 40 pages...

Does the Tazer DT provide security similar to the SGW model if left plugged in or is the vehicle vulnerable to outside threats...?

Thanks!!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did a search but couldn't find the answer - on page 22 or so Truckdriver asked but I am hoping someone knows the answer so that I don't have to read 40 pages...

Does the Tazer DT provide security similar to the SGW model if left plugged in or is the vehicle vulnerable to outside threats...?

Thanks!!
No, it doesn’t, but you had better odds of winning that $1B last night than you have of someone hacking your truck remotely through the radio.

fbatwork

Reaction score
No, it doesn’t, but you had better odds of winning that $1B last night than you have of someone hacking your truck remotely through the radio.

LOL, understood, just wanted to know. I presume there is no change in the functionality of the wifi, remote lock / start etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the TazerDT can enable trailer brake controller? I installed mine today and I see the option in the Tazer settings but it won't toggle off of no for trailer brakes.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the TazerDT can enable trailer brake controller? I installed mine today and I see the option in the Tazer settings but it won't toggle off of no for trailer brakes.
No you would need alphaobd

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No you would need alphaobd
That's what I thought, but someone else had posted that the TazerDT would do it because it has the option in the menu. I was under assumption they actually were able to change theirs, but now I'm thinking they just saw the menu option and thought it worked. I have alphaOBD downloaded, but my BT OBD adapter didn't work with it, so waiting on a new one from Amazon

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just confirmed, after talking to another guy in Facebook. There is an unlisted Beta update for the TazerDT that will in fact enable the trailer brake controller from the Tazer. Mine is now working.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pics of cluster display

Attachments

• PXL_20210321_201450639.jpg
    PXL_20210321_201450639.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 131
  • PXL_20210321_201505696.jpg
    PXL_20210321_201505696.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 132

bison41187

Reaction score
just ordered my tazer, primary reason was its a Canadian truck and I hate the mandatory DRLs.

Some of the live functions seem cool as well. My concern is that I travel for work and leave my truck sitting for days at a time. Are people still having issues with the tazer killing the battery? Sounds like the newest firmware is 18.0.5.

TIA

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have had the tazer for roughly 8 months so far. Not a single issue related to it. (And really no issues at all with anything on this truck)
Truck does sit days at a time since I work mostly from home but I’d say never more than 4....

dearchristopher

Reaction score
just ordered my tazer, primary reason was its a Canadian truck and I hate the mandatory DRLs.

Some of the live functions seem cool as well. My concern is that I travel for work and leave my truck sitting for days at a time. Are people still having issues with the tazer killing the battery? Sounds like the newest firmware is 18.0.5.

TIA

i work from home 3 days a week (on 4/10 schedules) so my truck will sit sometimes for 2-3 days at a time. i’ve had zero issues with battery drain, the tazer seems unobtrusive.

ive had it about a year now, with no issues to mention. i did just pull it and plug it into my computer for the first time, just to poke around with it. its a pretty cool little device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

TIA
No issues whatsoever with mine after a year with it...

Surferfl7

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Bighorn (Built to Serve) and the DRL location only has three options (None, low beam and turn)? Is this normal? I was hoping to use the fog lights as the daytime running lights. Thanks

bison41187

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Bighorn (Built to Serve) and the DRL location only has three options (None, low beam and turn)? Is this normal? I was hoping to use the fog lights as the daytime running lights. Thanks
after reading through the majority of this thread last night, even if it was a selectable option it wouldn't work for people. But when I get mine I'll try it myself

BigRedRebel

Reaction score
Was looking into getting the Tazer (or Rough Country) to adjust my tire size inorder to correct my speedo. I'm running 325/60R20s which measure to 35.5" (without the weight of the truck I assume on it) on my 2019 RAM Rebel. I have front and rear parking sensors and factory Navigation. I'm nervous about having issues with my parking sensors and factory Navi after adjusting the tire size. Any insight on this? Does it only affect the 20-21 model years and not the 19s? Thanks!

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Finally installed mine today and enabled the settings I wanted. I performed the full reset and even did the open/close door walk away suggestion multiple times. Some things work, some things don't. Was wondering if it's because I have a 2021 or what. On the latest firmware also. The full traction control off seems to work as all the warning lights appear but it doesn't seem like its truly off. The windows down/up feature via the keyfob doesn't work. I changed my tire size to 35" but forgot to do a GPS speed test to see if it truly worked. The seat belt also still chimes even though it's supposed to be off.

Not sure if there are any other caveats or things people have noticed don't work or things that are specific only to 2021 models. Any input is appreciated!

***EDIT: Turn signals as DRLs work now. A long time ago I must have turned off the DRL function in the "Lighting" settings on the UConnect. Turned em back on and they work properly.
The traction control fully off is definitely not fully off at all. I went full throttle in a wet parking lot and it was not letting me spin one bit. What's up with that...
Also, no matter how many times I set seat belt chime to off, the settings always reverts it to being back on.
Line-lock only engages if cruise control is on. Make sure auto start/stop is off if you have the etorque.
Why advertise all of these features on a $300+ "plug-n-play" if they don't all truly work?

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally installed mine today and enabled the settings I wanted. I performed the full reset and even did the open/close door walk away suggestion multiple times. Some things work, some things don't. Was wondering if it's because I have a 2021 or what. On the latest firmware also. The auto folding mirrors work and I think that's about it. My DRLs are not the turn signals like I selected. The line lock does not engage. The full traction control off seems to work as all the warning lights appear but it doesn't seem like its truly off. Maybe I just need to get on it more but the parking lot was wet and I wasn't breaking loose lol. The windows down/up feature via the keyfob doesn't work. I changed my tire size to 35" but forgot to do a GPS speed test to see if it truly worked. The seat belt also still chimes even though it's supposed to be off.

Not sure if there are any other caveats or things people have noticed don't work or things that are specific only to 2021 models. Any input is appreciated!

***EDIT: Turn signals as DRLs work now. A long time ago I must have turned off the DRL function in the "Lighting" settings on the UConnect. Turned em back on and they work properly.
The traction control fully off is definitely not fully off at all. I went full throttle in a wet parking lot and it was not letting me spin one bit. What's up with that...
Also, no matter how many times I set seat belt chime to off, the settings always reverts it to being back on. Why advertise all of these features on a $300+ "plug-n-play" if they don't all truly work?
Give it a few start cycles. My line lock didn't work right away but one day it just started working. Try turning on cruise control and see if line lock works.

As for window up/down, you can't hit the button fast. Do like one push every second. The truck has to recognize the button push.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Give it a few start cycles. My line lock didn't work right away but one day it just started working. Try turning on cruise control and see if line lock works.

As for window up/down, you can't hit the button fast. Do like one push every second. The truck has to recognize the button push.
I'll try it again in a few days.

As for the windows, I tried that already. I can see the dash responds on the 5th click everytime but nothing happens. The dash kinda flashes everytime it gets to the 5th push, no matter how fast or slow I do it.

Neither of these are deal breakers obviously but it'd be nice if they worked one of these days. As for the traction control kill, that's really bumming me out.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score

Turning cruise control on was the winner, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online