5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight Vibration

ScottsRAM

Reaction score
Thats what I chose. The hearing is April 6th. I sent a rebuttal after I read FCA's response. It was a joke. How soon after your hearing did they let you know?

Reaction score
Thats what I chose. The hearing is April 6th. I sent a rebuttal after I read FCA's response. It was a joke. How soon after your hearing did they let you know?
FCA’s response was a joke, rude and degrading. The evening of the hearing I got e final results emailed to me. The next am I filed lemon law with a lawyer. They said it’s what they do, drag it out, big company taking on a little buyer and it’s a no win situation without a lawyer. I always looked for the good in people, and gave it a shot hoping for some justice. It’s all almost like preprogrammed responses. I’m waiting not for their response to my lawyers demand.
Maybe it will work for you.

ScottsRAM

Reaction score
FCA’s response was a joke, rude and degrading. The evening of the hearing I got e final results emailed to me. The next am I filed lemon law with a lawyer. They said it’s what they do, drag it out, big company taking on a little buyer and it’s a no win situation without a lawyer. I always looked for the good in people, and gave it a shot hoping for some justice. It’s all almost like preprogrammed responses. I’m waiting not for their response to my lawyers demand.
Maybe it will work for you.
What state are you in and what attorney are you using?

Windy day

Reaction score
I believe each state has specific criteria/standards to be met for lemon law. As long as you have met those standards and can prove the problem still persists, I think FCA’s opinion does not matter. Good luck.

PitCrew

Reaction score
So, just to catch up here. I sold my 2019 Laramie that had Bridgestone Duelers on 20" rims. Road forced balancing was the only thing that help improve the vibration, but it never was fully resolved. One of the several reasons I decided to sell it. I'm thinking about a new 2021 Limited that has the Goodyears on 22" rims. Anyone been able to confirm vibration issues on 2021 models yet? Also, what about the Limited 22's running Goodyear tires. I'm already worried that the 22's are going to ride rougher to begin with, but if I'm going to have to be concerned that the vibriation issues still exists on the 2021 models and/or those tires and rims, then I may end up not buying a new truck and look elseswhere.
Yup my 2021 Sport has vibration issues, tried wheel and tire swaps, re-balancing and still no improvment, I am in canada and we have no lemon law ffs!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup i do 2021 Sport 20" wheels
I’m kinda thinking my 2021 sport, 20” wheels has a very slight vibration😩 I hope it’s just in my head, as I just fought ram for a year over my 19 with vibration issues, many new parts 7 wheel balances in 10,000 miles with no fix!

soSincerious

Reaction score
Are you guys getting a proper road-force balance? A tire that's been dynamic high speed balanced can still have high road-force. Ask for the road-force readings. Anything above 20 you'll likely feel. Aim for 15 pounds or less.

Most tires aren't perfectly round, nor perfectly "square" - meaning they can shimmy side to side.

Also, a bent wheel can be at fault, especially for those (like me) who keep their front tire pressures on the high side.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you guys getting a proper road-force balance? A tire that's been dynamic high speed balanced can still have high road-force. Ask for the road-force readings. Anything above 20 you'll likely feel. Aim for 15 pounds or less.

Most tires aren't perfectly round, nor perfectly "square" - meaning they can shimmy side to side.

Also, a bent wheel can be at fault, especially for those (like me) who keep their front tire pressures on the high side.
Road force balance 2 times yes! Independent tire shop said at least 2 of the rims were severely warped and that they would never hold balance! Ram refused to believe that and give me new rims, so they took it back on lemon law, after 7 attempts to fix in 8 months😩

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Road force balance 2 times yes! Independent tire shop said at least 2 of the rims were severely warped and that they would never hold balance! Ram refused to believe that and give me new rims, so they took it back on lemon law, after 7 attempts to fix in 8 months😩
Hi there, we certainly understand how this may be concerning. Please send our team a private message so that we may look into this further on your behalf.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

PitCrew

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram sport with the factory 20” wheels, I upgraded to LT275/60R20 BFG KO2’s and a Readylift leveling kit. And since new it’s had a nagging vibration and I’ve had the wheels balanced numerous times, busy my dealer and just recently a diffrent shop. Still vibrating. So frustrating, I now know it’s in the power train but where does one start? Bieng from Canada we don’t have lemon laws so I’m basically stuck with This truck. It’s noticeable from 70kph and up and really bad up around 120kph!!

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
Just took delivery of a 2021 1500 Limited Night Edition 4 days ago and have noticed the vibration on freshly paved highways that begins at 57-58 mph and up. I haven’t pushed the truck beyond 70 since it’s still in its break in period. It has the 22 inch wheels and the odometer is at 170 miles. I’ve also noticed that the driver side front window is also distorted in some areas. I can deal with the window in lieu of having a tech damage the door panel to change it, but the shake?… Absolutely not. I hope there is a fix for it but I’m glad I didn’t trade in or sell my Honda yet because after I drop the Ram off at the dealer service department, I won’t take it back unless the issue is fully resolved.

Last edited:

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just took delivery of a 2021 1500 Limited Night Edition 4 days ago and have noticed the vibration on freshly paved highways that begins at 57-68 mph and up. I haven’t pushed the truck beyond 70 since it’s still in its break in period. It has the 22 inch wheels and the odometer is at 170 miles. I’ve also noticed that the driver side front window is also distorted in some areas. I can deal with the window in lieu of having a tech damage the door panel to change it, but the shake?… Absolutely not. I hope there is a fix for it but I’m glad I didn’t trade in or sell my Honda yet because after I drop the Ram off at the dealer service department, I won’t take it back unless the issue is fully resolved.
They have no clue what’s causing this I fought it over a year on my 19 before they bought it back😩

Anthony_13

Reaction score
I have the vibration problem also. 2019 1500, had new tires and wheels installed, still happening. 2 different shops did alignments with no luck. Reading all these posts with the same problems really has me wishing I didn't go back to a Ram.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the vibration problem also. 2019 1500, had new tires and wheels installed, still happening. 2 different shops did alignments with no luck. Reading all these posts with the same problems really has me wishing I didn't go back to a Ram.
Sell it, used values are really high right now!

U

User_3336

Sell it, used values are really high right now!
They're slowy getting back to "normal", meaning that you're not going to get thousands over what you paid for a vehicle. Mine has fell to about $2,000 LESS than what I paid for. A month and a half ago, it was $3,000 OVER.

dwalme

Reaction score
Just sold my 21 bighorn to Vroom for $48k. It was a zero down lease with a $39k payoff. The offer has been the same since the middle of May.

Just picked up my Laramie tonight. Incentives are about half of what they were a year ago but with the upside on the old one I'm way ahead with a higher trim truck.

Reaction score
I’ve spend 1.5 years fighting Ram with mine. I have a 2020 ram limited. I tired dealers, I’ve tried arbitration with Ram, (they put on a new set of tires when 10500 miles in them, they were chewed up). I have only 11100 miles on my truck, tires are new and still shakes like crazy at hwy speeds. After arbitration failed, I tried lemon law. I went with the first company on google. They said they would take my case. After 6 months, they told me Ram wasn’t going to fix it (they just used notes from arbitration with Ram). Then they told me I have past the statue of limitation. So the year of Covid, no service department would drive with me so I could show them the issue. I can duplicate it every time. Places were hardly open last summer. They have tried to fix my truck 6 times, have had it a total of 6 days, and I don’t drive it now except for around town (when it drives like butter, smooth).

I can’t trade it in right now for another Ram because they say I tried lemon law and something is wrong with it, and they know it so it hurts my resale (really this is what they said, it’s not broken for them to replace it, but it’s broke when they want the trade in).
I’ll have to trade it for something way cheaper. I got the 0% for 84 months when that’s as a thing. It’s the only way I could afford the limited. So that sucks. Or I will have to just buy a whole new set of wheels and tires. They are tiny as heck anyway, cheapest Goodyear’s they could put in 22’s. Besides the shaking, I do like the love the truck. But I feel screwed by Ram. And will never buy another one. While process sucked. I should of stayed with Chevy.

dwalme

Reaction score
I can’t trade it in right now for another Ram because they say I tried lemon law and something is wrong with it, and they know it so it hurts my resale (really this is what they said, it’s not broken for them to replace it, but it’s broke when they want the trade in).

Sell it to another dealer. Stop dealing with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread