5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight Vibration

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve spend 1.5 years fighting Ram with mine. I have a 2020 ram limited. I tired dealers, I’ve tried arbitration with Ram, (they put on a new set of tires when 10500 miles in them, they were chewed up). I have only 11100 miles on my truck, tires are new and still shakes like crazy at hwy speeds. After arbitration failed, I tried lemon law. I went with the first company on google. They said they would take my case. After 6 months, they told me Ram wasn’t going to fix it (they just used notes from arbitration with Ram). Then they told me I have past the statue of limitation. So the year of Covid, no service department would drive with me so I could show them the issue. I can duplicate it every time. Places were hardly open last summer. They have tried to fix my truck 6 times, have had it a total of 6 days, and I don’t drive it now except for around town (when it drives like butter, smooth).

I can’t trade it in right now for another Ram because they say I tried lemon law and something is wrong with it, and they know it so it hurts my resale (really this is what they said, it’s not broken for them to replace it, but it’s broke when they want the trade in).
I’ll have to trade it for something way cheaper. I got the 0% for 84 months when that’s as a thing. It’s the only way I could afford the limited. So that sucks. Or I will have to just buy a whole new set of wheels and tires. They are tiny as heck anyway, cheapest Goodyear’s they could put in 22’s. Besides the shaking, I do like the love the truck. But I feel screwed by Ram. And will never buy another one. While process sucked. I should of stayed with Chevy.
Try calling your own lawyer and see what they say! My 19 chewed tires and so does the 21, the dealers say it’s normal to have to replace them at 20,000 miles, that’s complete bs. My 4 chevys had 30,000 + miles when traded and all ties looked better then the rams at 3009-4000 miles, they say driving habits, bs I’m 43 my driving habits have done nothing but improved. I’m going to limp mine along for another 2 years and hope I don’t have to pay to put new tires on it. On a positive note the 21 only has a slight vibration compared to the 19 and except for these issues I also love these new rams, I’m looking Toyota Tundra all new in 2022 next time😁 Good luck, I fought them for a year too, jumped through all their hoops and played the game. I had a 8 page narrative typed up for my lawyer, they finally gave in. Yes I believe they know they have a problem and either don’t know how to fix it or realize it will cost them billions in recalls!

DenRam1500

Reaction score
I’ve spend 1.5 years fighting Ram with mine. I have a 2020 ram limited. I tired dealers, I’ve tried arbitration with Ram, (they put on a new set of tires when 10500 miles in them, they were chewed up). I have only 11100 miles on my truck, tires are new and still shakes like crazy at hwy speeds. After arbitration failed, I tried lemon law. I went with the first company on google. They said they would take my case. After 6 months, they told me Ram wasn’t going to fix it (they just used notes from arbitration with Ram). Then they told me I have past the statue of limitation. So the year of Covid, no service department would drive with me so I could show them the issue. I can duplicate it every time. Places were hardly open last summer. They have tried to fix my truck 6 times, have had it a total of 6 days, and I don’t drive it now except for around town (when it drives like butter, smooth).

I can’t trade it in right now for another Ram because they say I tried lemon law and something is wrong with it, and they know it so it hurts my resale (really this is what they said, it’s not broken for them to replace it, but it’s broke when they want the trade in).
I’ll have to trade it for something way cheaper. I got the 0% for 84 months when that’s as a thing. It’s the only way I could afford the limited. So that sucks. Or I will have to just buy a whole new set of wheels and tires. They are tiny as heck anyway, cheapest Goodyear’s they could put in 22’s. Besides the shaking, I do like the love the truck. But I feel screwed by Ram. And will never buy another one. While process sucked. I should of stayed with Chevy.
New "Built to serve" Bighorn 2021 here...Never had issues with my 2019 Warlock and seem to think the 5th Gen could be issue. 3 tires out of balance from factory, drive 2 weeks fronts out again...drive a few more weeks and get RFB and all 4 supposedly out...still vibration in floor and seat between 50 to 80 mph....starting to lose my mind...dealer trying though but after seeing all these threads starting to worry!!!!

DenRam1500

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gentlemen, this thread has been informative so Thannk you for that....since my 2019 didn't have any drive ability issues would seem to think these are new Gen related. My 1500 has the Falkens on it and a weird profile I'd think for a truck being a 55 series tire....also recommended pressure of 32 seems low...vibration from day one, more so annoying than anything but 70k(Canada) I would think is a hefty$ tag to deal with any vibration to speak of. Anyone on here have same setup?? Built to serve edition with Falken Wildpeaks 275/55/20 and have vibration issues?

Giannip

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue. My local dealer replaced both front axles. Truck still vibrates over 50mph.
Very frustrating.

Ramairbird

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited that developed a bit of a vibration after 20k miles whenever I was in the 55-63mph range. The vibration was slight so I put up with it thinking it was just the tires. At 25K miles the tires needed replacing and the vibration was worsening. I replaced all 4 tires (not at dealer) with the exact same Goodyears AND had an alignment done at the dealer. Now it's worse - same body vibration at 55-63 mph but now it wobbles badly over 70 mph. To make matters worse, the truck's ipad radio display unit has started freezing up. Happened 6 times now. Sucks when you are on highway and can't change anything until you stop and shut truck off for 15 mins. That too seems to be a common problem based on what I read on another thread. Two common problems that are being ignored by RAM.

The first year I owned this truck, I told everyone it was the best decision I'd ever made. Now I'm starting to think it may have been the worst decision I've ever made. This weekend I told a friend of mine who was deciding between the LImited and the Platinum to buy the Platinum. He read this thread and the display thread and he went with the Platinum.

I gave bad marks to the dealer on survey that came out after my last service because they acted like they'd never heard of the display problem. I got an email today from RAM asking if I'd heard back from the dealer about my concerns - I haven't. I'll be calling the dealer again tomorrow about both these issues, but the comments I've read on this thread about dealer/RAM support are very discouraging. I really don't have weeks/months to deal with this and I need the truck rolling straight before I drive it across the country in November.

Would appreciate RamCares helping out if they can on this.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited that developed a bit of a vibration after 20k miles whenever I was in the 55-63mph range. The vibration was slight so I put up with it thinking it was just the tires. At 25K miles the tires needed replacing and the vibration was worsening. I replaced all 4 tires (not at dealer) with the exact same Goodyears AND had an alignment done at the dealer. Now it's worse - same body vibration at 55-63 mph but now it wobbles badly over 70 mph. To make matters worse, the truck's ipad radio display unit has started freezing up. Happened 6 times now. Sucks when you are on highway and can't change anything until you stop and shut truck off for 15 mins. That too seems to be a common problem based on what I read on another thread. Two common problems that are being ignored by RAM.

The first year I owned this truck, I told everyone it was the best decision I'd ever made. Now I'm starting to think it may have been the worst decision I've ever made. This weekend I told a friend of mine who was deciding between the LImited and the Platinum to buy the Platinum. He read this thread and the display thread and he went with the Platinum.

I gave bad marks to the dealer on survey that came out after my last service because they acted like they'd never heard of the display problem. I got an email today from RAM asking if I'd heard back from the dealer about my concerns - I haven't. I'll be calling the dealer again tomorrow about both these issues, but the comments I've read on this thread about dealer/RAM support are very discouraging. I really don't have weeks/months to deal with this and I need the truck rolling straight before I drive it across the country in November.

Good luck with anyone helping you! I was told by 3 different dealers and ram that I was the first person to say something about a vibration!

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
Good luck with anyone helping you! I was told by 3 different dealers and ram that I was the first person to say something about a vibration!
Yea, that’s what the dealer regional service manager said to me Friday. The BS flag needs to be raised on this and the engineers need to figure it out. This vibration complaint has been going on too long and experienced by too many to not pay attention.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @Ramairbird!

We're sorry to hear about the vibration concerns you previously mentioned and would love to assist in tandem with your dealer. Please send us a private message with your vehicle's current mileage as well as any relevant details or updates regarding your vehicle's condition to get started!

Hannah
Ram Cares

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score

FCA doesn’t care. My money has been tied up in a truck for 4 months that has 600 miles on it and it’s sitting at the dealer. They tried to offer to build me another one but at a profit of $6k-$7k. There is another post on here with over 1100 posts.

I was hopeful during the first couple months, but now I sit waiting for FCA corporate to issue checks to me for the huge chunk of money I put down and to my bank for the payoff.

Good luck to you. Hope it works out.

eselbe

Reaction score
Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Tires: Bridgestone Duelers 275/55R20

I bought my truck with 10 miles on it in July 2018 and brought it back 3 days later for the vibration. My vibration happens around 75mph and is constant. It feels like it is coming from the back of the truck. You can feel it in the seat but the steering wheel does not shake. However, if you have a water bottle in the cup holder, you can clearly see the vibration. I am in south Florida so the issue is unrelated to cold weather.
Since I purchased the truck, I've had it back to the dealer 3 times:
1st dealer visit: SA says they drove it at speed limit and "could not duplicate" issue. Total BS.
2nd dealer visit: They said the tires needed to be balanced and performed RFB on all tires. Also, adjusted the camber, caster, sterring and toe. Still have the issue.
3rd (independent tire shop) visit: The shop called me after an hour and said they feel the vibration but the balance and alignment is "perfect". Suggested it could be suspension or drive shaft and I should contact dealer. Come pick up vehicle, no charge.
4th dealer visit: Said two tires needed balancing. Took all weights off and re-balanced. The issue still remains but happens closer to 80mph now. SA not willing to go over 70mph on test drive.
At this point I'm mad. I'm going to replace the tires to see if that fixes the issue, but after that I'm escalating through Dodge until I get it fixed. I used to love this truck but now I'm warning my friends to stay away.
Please post if you come up with a solution.
Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Tires: Bridgestone Duelers 275/55R20

I bought my truck with 10 miles on it in July 2018 and brought it back 3 days later for the vibration. My vibration happens around 75mph and is constant. It feels like it is coming from the back of the truck. You can feel it in the seat but the steering wheel does not shake. However, if you have a water bottle in the cup holder, you can clearly see the vibration. I am in south Florida so the issue is unrelated to cold weather.
Since I purchased the truck, I've had it back to the dealer 3 times:
1st dealer visit: SA says they drove it at speed limit and "could not duplicate" issue. Total BS.
2nd dealer visit: They said the tires needed to be balanced and performed RFB on all tires. Also, adjusted the camber, caster, sterring and toe. Still have the issue.
3rd (independent tire shop) visit: The shop called me after an hour and said they feel the vibration but the balance and alignment is "perfect". Suggested it could be suspension or drive shaft and I should contact dealer. Come pick up vehicle, no charge.
4th dealer visit: Said two tires needed balancing. Took all weights off and re-balanced. The issue still remains but happens closer to 80mph now. SA not willing to go over 70mph on test drive.
At this point I'm mad. I'm going to replace the tires to see if that fixes the issue, but after that I'm escalating through Dodge until I get it fixed. I used to love this truck but now I'm warning my friends to stay away.
Please post if you come up with a solution.
I just purchased a new Laramie in September. Took the truck to the dealer 2 weeks later asking them to fix the vibration issue. They balanced the tires (RF balance I believe) and it had no impact. Because of difficulties in getting the vehicle back over to the shop, I took the vehicle back over last week complaining of the same issue. After 2 days of tinkering, was told that this was a known issue with Ram trucks or that there had been other complaints for the same issue and Ram's response was that this was normal. In short, the dealer said there was nothing more they could do. I am in TN so our Lemon Laws require 3 attempts to fix an issue. I am taking the vehicle to a different RAM dealer next week with the same request to repair the issue. If I get no resolution I am filing a Lemon Law action against the manufacturer. I am not going to put any money into new tires or anything as I feel I paid $62K for a new truck and do not feel it is unreasonable to request that is be fixed right! It took alot for me to go back to RAM after having issues with earlier year trucks and this is not doing anything to boost my confidence in the brand or manufacturer. I just want my truck fixed!

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Laramie in September. Took the truck to the dealer 2 weeks later asking them to fix the vibration issue. They balanced the tires (RF balance I believe) and it had no impact. Because of difficulties in getting the vehicle back over to the shop, I took the vehicle back over last week complaining of the same issue. After 2 days of tinkering, was told that this was a known issue with Ram trucks or that there had been other complaints for the same issue and Ram's response was that this was normal. In short, the dealer said there was nothing more they could do. I am in TN so our Lemon Laws require 3 attempts to fix an issue. I am taking the vehicle to a different RAM dealer next week with the same request to repair the issue. If I get no resolution I am filing a Lemon Law action against the manufacturer. I am not going to put any money into new tires or anything as I feel I paid $62K for a new truck and do not feel it is unreasonable to request that is be fixed right! It took alot for me to go back to RAM after having issues with earlier year trucks and this is not doing anything to boost my confidence in the brand or manufacturer. I just want my truck fixed!
They never could fix mine. Finally, FCA bought it back after several months of experimentation while I paid for the truck and insurance. They processed my refund under the terms of the Illinois lemon law (I had to do research and literally prove to the dealer that they needed to reimburse the taxes because FCA wasn’t because that’s what Illinois lemon law states… However, when I met with the buyback agent and was refunded my down payment amount and signed the truck over to them, the buyback agent informed me that it wasn’t tagged as a lemon! Consequently, my truck which only had only a little over 600 miles and couldn’t be fixed after several months of unsuccessful attempts to fix the vibration will not be disclosed to future prospective buyers as a lemon. That is dirty business and EXTREMELY low of FCA!!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They never could fix mine. Finally, FCA bought it back after several months of experimentation while I paid for the truck and insurance. They processed my refund under the terms of the Illinois lemon law (I had to do research and literally prove to the dealer that they needed to reimburse the taxes because FCA wasn’t because that’s what Illinois lemon law states… However, when I met with the buyback agent and was refunded my down payment amount and signed the truck over to them, the buyback agent informed me that it wasn’t tagged as a lemon! Consequently, my truck which only had only a little over 600 miles and couldn’t be fixed after several months of unsuccessful attempts to fix the vibration will not be disclosed to future prospective buyers as a lemon. That is dirty business and EXTREMELY low of FCA!!
I was told mine was going to auction as a lemon vehicle?! Who knows what really happens to them🤷🏻‍♂️

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi @eselbe ,
We sincerely regret to hear of your trouble. If it would be of interest, we'd be happy to learn more details regarding your dealer's findings to determine how to best assist you. Please follow up with us via private message when you can.

Rob
Ram Cares

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA doesn’t care. My money has been tied up in a truck for 4 months that has 600 miles on it and it’s sitting at the dealer. They tried to offer to build me another one but at a profit of $6k-$7k. There is another post on here with over 1100 posts.

I was hopeful during the first couple months, but now I sit waiting for FCA corporate to issue checks to me for the huge chunk of money I put down and to my bank for the payoff.

Good luck to you. Hope it works out.
Lemon law it now, this is BS! I went through this for almost a year with my 19😩

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
Lemon law it now, this is BS! I went through this for almost a year with my 19😩
They bought it back. The buyback agent told me they didn’t tag it as a lemon. When I asked the FCA rep about it, he said it wasn’t considered a lemon because I didn’t go through the arbitration process with an attorney involved. What a crock of $___! When they were deciding what my buyback amount was, they leveraged the Illinois Lemon Law statutes that allow manufacturers the ability to not pay the sales tax.

Ironic how it’s not a lemon now that it’s theirs again and they will resell it to someone else not knowing any different, but when it came to holding my $50k down payment for several months and excusing themselves from reimbursing the sales tax, they utilized the Illinois Lemon Law guidelines to a T.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They bought it back. The buyback agent told me they didn’t tag it as a lemon. When I asked the FCA rep about it, he said it wasn’t considered a lemon because I didn’t go through the arbitration process with an attorney involved. What a crock of $___! When they were deciding what my buyback amount was, they leveraged the Illinois Lemon Law statutes that allow manufacturers the ability to not pay the sales tax.

Ironic how it’s not a lemon now that it’s theirs again and they will resell it to someone else not knowing any different, but when it came to holding my $50k down payment for several months and excusing themselves from reimbursing the sales tax, they utilized the Illinois Lemon Law guidelines to a T.
Sounds about right! I’m so glad they bought it back👍🏻 I asked what was going to happen with mine? I was told 2 totally different things. First they told me it would have a lemon law title and go to auction. Then I was told all lemon vehicles are sent back to the manufacturer so they can go through them and figure out what the issue was, lol I don’t believe that🤷🏻‍♂️ If the issues really are not disclosed, that sucks for the next buyer who may not have the lemon law option and are paying for it used as what we paid for it new and that’s not right!!!😩 what are you going to buy now? I had a 2021 ram built, now has over 8000 miles with no known issues yet🤞 I do love the truck and the hemi, just not the unresolved issues! Good luck with the process, Mine was painless 👍🏻

2022limitednightedition

Reaction score
Sounds about right! I’m so glad they bought it back👍🏻 I asked what was going to happen with mine? I was told 2 totally different things. First they told me it would have a lemon law title and go to auction. Then I was told all lemon vehicles are sent back to the manufacturer so they can go through them and figure out what the issue was, lol I don’t believe that🤷🏻‍♂️ If the issues really are not disclosed, that sucks for the next buyer who may not have the lemon law option and are paying for it used as what we paid for it new and that’s not right!!!😩 what are you going to buy now? I had a 2021 ram built, now has over 8000 miles with no known issues yet🤞 I do love the truck and the hemi, just not the unresolved issues! Good luck with the process, Mine was painless 👍🏻
Not sure what I’ll buy. I’ve been looking at other brands and waiting for their 2022 models to launch. I’m not in a hurry because I chose not to trade my other vehicle when I bought the ram. I planned to sell it outright vs. trading because of the inflated used vehicle values right now. Boy am I glad I didn’t trade it in!

I also have a 96 Silverado with 189k on the clock that I use when I need a truck. Ironically, it doesn’t vibrate and still runs/ drives great.

Another issue I noticed on my ram in the little bit of time I owned it was a ticking sound on startup a couple times. After researching this a bit, the “hemi tick” appears to be a common trait with the hemi and has been attributed to lifter noise and exhaust manifold sealing issues. My old Silverado doesn’t have any ticking at 189k miles either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Didn’t you previously mention that your 21 is chewing tires?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure what I’ll buy. I’ve been looking at other brands and waiting for their 2022 models to launch. I’m not in a hurry because I chose not to trade my other vehicle when I bought the ram. I planned to sell it outright vs. trading because of the inflated used vehicle values right now. Boy am I glad I didn’t trade it in!

I also have a 96 Silverado with 189k on the clock that I use when I need a truck. Ironically, it doesn’t vibrate and still runs/ drives great.

Another issue I noticed on my ram in the little bit of time I owned it was a ticking sound on startup a couple times. After researching this a bit, the “hemi tick” appears to be a common trait with the hemi and has been attributed to lifter noise and exhaust manifold sealing issues. My old Silverado doesn’t have any ticking at 189k miles either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Didn’t you previously mention that your 21 is chewing tires?
Yep, same as the 19 did! Dealer says it’s normal for a full size truck. That’s crap as I’ve had 4 other full sized Silverados with 30,000 + miles that had less wear then these did at 5,000 miles. Then I was told it’s my driving habits, I’m sure If anything as I get older my driving is better and less aggressive🤷🏻‍♂️ Lots of lies and excuses! Then im told the tires are too soft for a ram and they just put them on for a good test drive. Same tires used in 19 as the 21, same unresolved issues in 2021 as in October of 18 when the redesigned ram came out😩

Users who are viewing this thread