5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man if I had a dollar for every time someone who obviously never saw the GT exhaust said it was either the Mopar catback or Borla S type.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man if I had a dollar for every time someone who obviously never saw the GT exhaust said it was either the Mopar catback or Borla S type.
Yup. I find myself posting the pic of my GT exhaust on the delivery skid often. Looks EXACTLY like the stock exhaust. Only way to tell is by looking at the numbers.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. I find myself posting the pic of my GT exhaust on the delivery skid often. Looks EXACTLY like the stock exhaust. Only way to tell is by looking at the numbers.
Yeah, the shop that installed mine didn’t want to do it because they look exactly the same. Had to point out the part numbers and told them just wait until you hear it.

TUFCAT

Reaction score
Finally got the GT exhaust installed today on my 22 Limited. Its has the perfect sound for me, quiet in the cabin when cruising and aggressive when you get on. I attempted to install myself in the garage with air suspension set at its highest and rear tires on ramps, removed the spare tire and heat shield and its was a complete failure, I simply did not have enough clearance to maneuver the exhaust out. I put it all back together and took it to a shop and was installed in 26 minutes. Thanks to everyone on this thread whom previously installed this exhaust and posted here about it, it really helped me make the right decision. Now looking for a deal on 5" tips.

If anyone is interested in buying an 22 OEM dual exhaust with only 800 miles it and can pick up in Ohio, hit me up and make me an offer.

TUFCAT

Reaction score
You and I were messaging on my post regarding GT sound. I have the same large stamped numbers (Drivers Res: C-9304-L, Pass Res: C-9408-R and C-9367 on the muffler). so i wonder if I have the same problem as you. I have cold start and WOT videos that sound very similar to your truck, I jsut can't figure out how to post them here.

Drivers Res:
View attachment 117000

Pass Res:
View attachment 117001

Muffler (there is an ingraved number but doesn't seem to be a part number just above the C-9367 "0851 1 258 21 C"):
View attachment 117002

Where did you find the stamped part number?
I have this same set-up on my 2022 Ram Laramie NON G/T Sport 5.7 (non-E-torque) - built on May 30, 2022.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got the GT exhaust installed today on my 22 Limited. Its has the perfect sound for me, quiet in the cabin when cruising and aggressive when you get on. I attempted to install myself in the garage with air suspension set at its highest and rear tires on ramps, removed the spare tire and heat shield and its was a complete failure, I simply did not have enough clearance to maneuver the exhaust out. I put it all back together and took it to a shop and was installed in 26 minutes. Thanks to everyone on this thread whom previously installed this exhaust and posted here about it, it really helped me make the right decision. Now looking for a deal on 5" tips.

If anyone is interested in buying an 22 OEM dual exhaust with only 800 miles it and can pick up in Ohio, hit me up and make me an offer.
I'm interested in adding the GT exhaust to my Limited. Is it a straight/simple order from MOPAR or the dealer?

TUFCAT

Reaction score
Is it difficult to detach the RH Tailpipe/Resonator from the muffler without doing damage to it? I'm asking because I want to install a resonator delete pipe (RH side) just to see if it makes a difference in sound.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is it difficult to detach the RH Tailpipe/Resonator from the muffler without doing damage to it? I'm asking because I want to install a resonator delete pipe (RH side) just to see if it makes a difference in sound.
It's very easy to detach it all.
Getting it out from under your truck after disconnected... Takes a bit of wiggling around.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Should be easy enough since it’s a slip fit and clamp.

Derrick-23

Reaction score
Update. Ordered these for my 23 non-GT Rebel.

68517364aa (muffler and driver resonator)
68517364aa (passenger resonator)

Both resonators were the same on the stock non-GT exhaust as the GT exhaust ordered, C-9408-L/R. The part number for the stock non-GT muffler was C-9367. The part number of the GT exhaust muffler ordered was C-9396.

So in my case, I did not need to order the passenger side piece.

But I’m very happy with the swap.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Update. Ordered these for my 23 non-GT Rebel.

68517364aa (muffler and driver resonator)
68517364aa (passenger resonator)

Both resonators were the same on the stock non-GT exhaust as the GT exhaust ordered, C-9408-L/R. The part number for the stock non-GT muffler was C-9367. The part number of the GT exhaust muffler ordered was C-9396.

So in my case, I did not need to order the passenger side piece.

But I’m very happy with the swap.
Did getting the GT exhaust work out easily? I’m looking to get it as well for my non-GT but looks like you posted the same P# for both parts

Users who are viewing this thread