5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ended up finding an online discount dealer near me that allows local pick up. Came to $738.50 for both parts plus tax. Shipping would have added $250+ so worth the hour drive each way.

My local dealer wanted full retail $1,100+ and refused to discount.
Great deal👍🏻

KMach

Reaction score
Not sure if this would help anyone. Forgot I did an interior video with the windows down a while ago. I haven’t done a cold start video since it was new.

tomme12

Reaction score
I have 2022 Rebel and did not get the GT package because i didnt like the shifter in the console. I did change out my intake to the Varaam and looking at the exhaust GT kit shown here. What type of performance are you seeing with the change out in terms of MPG or possible HP gains? Thanks!

Xoexpireu

Reaction score
Anyone no of a place I can pickup parts from in the North East at the discounted prices? From Jersey don't mind driving. Local dealer charging full price

raygun9

Reaction score
@Dewey @Yankee Echo

If you guys want to record your install I'm sure we would all pitch in to send you guys some beers. I gotta get this installed on mine.

raygun9

Reaction score
Easy as can be. It looks exactly identical to the stock exhaust so all the hangers are still used.

Just curious, with the Borla S-Type install everyone on the youtube channels has to cut the pipe from the muffler to the driver side res because they can't seem to fit it over the sway bar. You had no issues with the old/new systems coming in and out fully assembled?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just curious, with the Borla S-Type install everyone on the youtube channels has to cut the pipe from the muffler to the driver side res because they can't seem to fit it over the sway bar. You had no issues with the old/new systems coming in and out fully assembled?
Not at all. Remove the spare tire and heat shield then raise the truck and set on jack stands so the rear suspension is hanging. Might have to twist and turn a bit but will go in very easily.

I learned the hard way taking my stock exhaust out without removing the spare tire and heat shield. Trust me……remove them first. In and out will be so much easier with zero cutting.

raygun9

Reaction score
Not at all. Remove the spare tire and heat shield then raise the truck and set on jack stands so the rear suspension is hanging. Might have to twist and turn a bit but will go in very easily.

I learned the hard way taking my stock exhaust out without removing the spare tire and heat shield. Trust me……remove them first. In and out will be so much easier with zero cutting.
Many thanks. Now just to find one....

codyjm28

Reaction score
Apparently there has been quite a few configurations of resonators and mufflers between the gt trucks and non gt trucks. I also have a 21 Durango R/T with town n go package, so it has the srt exhaust. The gt ram sounds very similar. This peaked my interest in pursuing the exhaust for my 22 laramie. I crawled under it and by the looks of things, I have both the correct resonators that a gt would have, but a non gt muffler. It is definitely louder than a non gt, but way quieter than a gt. I only ordered the muffler/lh resonator assembly, so fingers crossed my rh resonator is already right. My dealer said they are available and out the door price was 685 usd.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apparently there has been quite a few configurations of resonators and mufflers between the gt trucks and non gt trucks. I also have a 21 Durango R/T with town n go package, so it has the srt exhaust. The gt ram sounds very similar. This peaked my interest in pursuing the exhaust for my 22 laramie. I crawled under it and by the looks of things, I have both the correct resonators that a gt would have, but a non gt muffler. It is definitely louder than a non gt, but way quieter than a gt. I only ordered the muffler/lh resonator assembly, so fingers crossed my rh resonator is already right. My dealer said they are available and out the door price was 685 usd.
you cant juge by the muffler look as they look the.same the gt and non gt, you have to go with the part number on it. i dont have it but if you search this thread and forum its on here i seen it

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These are the GT part numbers stamped into the metal. Other than these numbers the parts look exactly the same as the stock non GT.

68517364AA
Muffler & LH pipe/ Resonator

68517365AA
RH pipe/ Resonator

If you were to order the two parts above they include the resonators, but you also need to make sure the resonator portions of those pipes have these part number stamped into them.
C-9408-R
C-9408-L
Resonator

codyjm28

Reaction score
These are the GT part numbers stamped into the metal. Other than these numbers the parts look exactly the same as the stock non GT.

68517364AA
Muffler & LH pipe/ Resonator

68517365AA
RH pipe/ Resonator

If you were to order the two parts above they include the resonators, but you also need to make sure the resonator portions of those pipes have these part number stamped into them.
C-9408-R
C-9408-L
Resonator
Both of my resonators are the C-9408-L AND C-9408-R. I also said my truck has the non gt muffler because it is substantially quieter than a gt with the correct gt parts. But it is noticeably louder than my brothers big horn with hemi. I am aware both systems and all parts look physically, near identical. The gt muffler assembly should be here this coming week.

raygun9

Reaction score
Both of my resonators are the C-9408-L AND C-9408-R. I also said my truck has the non gt muffler because it is substantially quieter than a gt with the correct gt parts. But it is noticeably louder than my brothers big horn with hemi. I am aware both systems and all parts look physically, near identical. The gt muffler assembly should be here this coming week.
Good luck! Where do you live? Curious where I can get one for 685..

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Snowman039

Reaction score
Where's everyone purchasing 68517364AA and 68517365AA from that doesn't have $400 shipping cost ?? I messaged AP through the forum but never got a response.

raygun9

Reaction score
+1 on this request.. everywhere I found wanted 500 for shipping

Snowman039

Reaction score
My impatience kicked in as I have been looking for weeks now. Ordered through CarID (I know they don't have the best rep but I'm backed by my credit card co.) Shipping for both was $36.00 and I got 10% Military discount. As long as they ship the right parts, I think I got a good deal for under $1k.

raygun9

Reaction score
My impatience kicked in as I have been looking for weeks now. Ordered through CarID (I know they don't have the best rep but I'm backed by my credit card co.) Shipping for both was $36.00 and I got 10% Military discount. As long as they ship the right parts, I think I got a good deal for under $1k.
Keep me posted. I want this too. I found one on ebay but wasnt confident enough to pull the trigger.

codyjm28

Reaction score
Good luck! Where do you live? Curious where I can get one for 685..

I live in northern Michigan. Our dealer has their own mopar website that costs $25 to ship anything there for pickup. moparfastparts.com. Also like a 30% discount on everything ordered from that site.

Users who are viewing this thread