5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

4jlcc

Reaction score
Damnit, Bama had to show up and ruin everything. ;)
Lol. That's what I was thinking about that tiny excited LSU tiger! When I picked up my truck at Mark Dodge they said the first thing they were going to do to my trade-in F150 was remove the "Roll Tide" decal on the back window! I still don't understand why! :ROFLMAO:

jgmac98

Reaction score
This just keeps getting better and better boys! See below. These are my exhaust pictures on my Rebel "GT".

The muffler and LH resonator match a non-GT spec muffler. The RH resonator matches the GT part number but is marked "L" so my RH resonator is actually meant for the left side.

WTF IS GOING ON
You and I were messaging on my post regarding GT sound. I have the same large stamped numbers (Drivers Res: C-9304-L, Pass Res: C-9408-R and C-9367 on the muffler). so i wonder if I have the same problem as you. I have cold start and WOT videos that sound very similar to your truck, I jsut can't figure out how to post them here.

Drivers Res:
20220113_144154.jpg

Pass Res:
20220113_144337.jpg

Muffler (there is an ingraved number but doesn't seem to be a part number just above the C-9367 "0851 1 258 21 C"):
20220113_144622.jpg
With the help of @Dookie and @dc51786 I finally have the smoking gun for the dealer. See pics below:

The note pad has the non GT and the NEA (GT) muffler part numbers sent to me by my dealer. The second picture is engraved on my muffler assembly.

I'm not declaring victory until it sounds like it should and it's in my driveway. But this should help move things along.
Where did you find the stamped part number?

Last edited:

t_henrickson

Reaction score
You and I were messaging on my post regarding GT sound. I have the same large stamped numbers (Drivers Res: C-9304-L, Pass Res: C-9408-R and C-9367 on the muffler). so i wonder if I have the same problem as you. I have cold start and WOT videos that sound very similar to your truck, I jsut can't figure out how to post them here.

Drivers Res:
View attachment 117000

Pass Res:
View attachment 117001

Muffler (there is an ingraved number but doesn't seem to be a part number just above the C-9367 "0851 1 258 21 C"):
View attachment 117002

Where did you find the stamped part number?

It's on the engine side of the muffler facing the ground. See my picture attached in the red circle. Mine was right there and it was a little tough to see but you can make out "201AL" and if yours says that, you also have the standard muffler assembly. At least you got a RH resonator on your right side, mine is a left hand on the right side haha.

Attachments

• IMG_20220113_150612.jpg
    IMG_20220113_150612.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 41
  • My Muffler.jpg
    My Muffler.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 41

jgmac98

Reaction score
It's on the engine side of the muffler facing the ground. See my picture attached in the red circle. Mine was right there and it was a little tough to see but you can make out "201AL" and if yours says that, you also have the standard muffler assembly. At least you got a RH resonator on your right side, mine is a left hand on the right side haha.
Hard to make out, but 201AL is stamped there... your truck and mine must have been built by the same person lol

20220113_153535.jpg

Going back to the dealership tomorrow with the information from the last couple pages of posts. Will update once I know more.

Last edited:

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Hard to make out, but 201AL is stamped there... your truck and mine must have been built by the same person lol

View attachment 117014

Going back to the dealership tomorrow with the information from the last couple pages of posts. Will update once I know more.

I was hoping I was the only one so no one else has to deal with this crap. Hopefully your dealer is more cooperative than mine. Keep us updated and let me know how they handle it!

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About an hour and a half from prep to crank up with a helper on the ground with jack stands, floor hack, air tools and cordless impact.

My RH reso. is on order, let yall know when i get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along with the hanger pliers i posted above.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
About an hour and a half from prep to crank up with a helper on the ground with jack stands, floor hack, air tools and cordless impact.

My RH reso. is on order, let yall know when i get it.

What's the Mopar part number for the right side resonator?

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup

Here are the numbers needed when ordering graciously posted by Cbty2050 on page 1. Just putting here for convience.
I think I should just order all the parts and drive to Louisiana to have someone we all know help with the install 😁🤣

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, my back is still sore from my install. One of these days I'll have a shop with a 2 post lift, I am in the process of looking for said house/shop right now. I have outgrown where I live and need the space and storage of all my crap (my wife's words, not mine). On a lift and 2 people, I could do 10 of these in a day.

Forgot to mention something about the install...The muffler assembly comes with all the brackets and hangers installed on it as seen in the photos already posted. You need to remove the hanger with the bracket on the LH resonator of the G/T muffler assembly prior to install and reuse the hanger that is already on the truck. That is the easiest way to do it. If you had to remove that bracket off the truck, you first have to remove another bracket the wiring harness is attached in that area and would be a PITA. The other hanger you have to use the pliers on is near the 2 bolt oval flange. The rest is bolted in.

Last edited:

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol, my back is still sore from my install. One of these days I'll have a shop with a 2 post lift, I am in the process of looking for said house/shop right now. I have outgrown where I live and need the space and storage of all my crap (my wife's words, not mine). On a lift and 2 people, I could do 10 of these in a day.

Forgot to mention something about the install...The muffler assembly comes with all the brackets and hangers installed on it as seen in the photos already posted. You need to remove the hanger with the bracket on the LH resonator of the G/T muffler assembly prior to install and reuse the hanger that is already on the truck. That is the easiest way to do it. If you had to remove that bracket off the truck, you first have to remove another bracket the wiring harness is attached in that area and would be a PITA. The other hanger you have to use the pliers on is near the 2 bolt oval flange. The rest is bolted in.
You would think a pole barn with at least one lift would be standard for all new homes now...:unsure::cool:

KMach

Reaction score
I think I’m going to try to order this for my 21. The numbers for the hardware all look interchangeable with the rest of the truck in DealerConnect. My only thought though is the exhaust tips. In 21 they are a different part number but list the new number superseded which is the same as the 22 G/T tips. My only question is if there is enough of a change where the old tips ending in 731AA are not interchangeable onto the newer G/T pipes. Usually new part numbers always work on old, but usually old never matches with the updated part. Anybody look at the tips yet? I’d imagine they would work but just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread