5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox (only) Tonneau

Ram’dit

Reaction score
I received my Mopar trifold cover this week and put it on today. I am surprised it came in so fast. According to the manual, warranty is 3 years vs 1 year (mx4). So happy to finally have a cover back on my box on my 19.
Got any pictures of the Mopar cover installed? I noticed it says the front panel folds up for easy access to front of bed. I think they mean that you have to fold all 3 panels open, but....it would be cool if you could only fold the front panel. Can you confirm? I am trying to decide between Mopar and MX4. Thanks.

vinnie45acp

Reaction score
Looks a lot like the Mopar I bought with my truck. Only issue I see is comparing the 2018 rambox with 2019 rambox, the 2019 has a gap that is twice as wide between tailgate top and rambox.

How do you like the Mopar tri-fold cover for the rambox? Is it waterproof, and does it lock like the BAK MX4

vinnie45acp

Reaction score
I received my Mopar trifold cover this week and put it on today. I am surprised it came in so fast. According to the manual, warranty is 3 years vs 1 year (mx4). So happy to finally have a cover back on my box on my 19.

Is it just like the MX4, does it lock with the tailgate? And is it waterproof? How do you like it?

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Got any pictures of the Mopar cover installed? I noticed it says the front panel folds up for easy access to front of bed. I think they mean that you have to fold all 3 panels open, but....it would be cool if you could only fold the front panel. Can you confirm? I am trying to decide between Mopar and MX4. Thanks.
The Mopar cover is like my last Bakflip. It folds up from the rear only. The panel in the front of the bed is bolted down just like the Bakflip, so no diff there. I doubt there are any big differences between Bakflip and Mopar - I have heard Bakflip supplies the Mopar but I dont know how to confirm that.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Is it just like the MX4, does it lock with the tailgate? And is it waterproof? How do you like it?
It locks just like the MX4. It is the same as by Bakflip from my old non-rambox truck. Noticeable improvements in the design were closing with tailgate up or down without having to open the cover. It has three rubber fins that seal between the tailgate and the cover. I dont think it will leak much, and really not expecting to see leaking from the sides. I'll probably apply more rubber gaskets around the tailgate at the corners when it gets warmer out. I'm guessing I will continue to be able to leave golf clubs/suit cases in the bed without worry - just like my last Bakflip.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
The Mopar cover is like my last Bakflip. It folds up from the rear only. The panel in the front of the bed is bolted down just like the Bakflip, so no diff there. I doubt there are any big differences between Bakflip and Mopar - I have heard Bakflip supplies the Mopar but I dont know how to confirm that.

Some pics!

I did ha e to pick out some metal shavings from the rails.

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_112345.jpg
    IMG_20190209_112345.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 222
  • MVIMG_20190209_112407.jpg
    MVIMG_20190209_112407.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 221
  • MVIMG_20190209_112427.jpg
    MVIMG_20190209_112427.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 217
  • MVIMG_20190209_112354.jpg
    MVIMG_20190209_112354.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20190209_112416.jpg
    IMG_20190209_112416.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20190208_220253.jpg
    IMG_20190208_220253.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20190208_215949.jpg
    IMG_20190208_215949.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 204
  • MVIMG_20190208_215929.jpg
    MVIMG_20190208_215929.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 199

Ram’dit

Reaction score
Trying to decide if the Line-X Stealth is worth the extra money. I found a local dealer that has them in stock for $929+tax. Was quoted $865 shipped for MX4 from Tonneau Factory Outlet. Anyone have any great opinions here?

Is the Mopar an MX4 or G2 Bakflip with same seal as MX4?

Thanks.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trying to decide if the Line-X Stealth is worth the extra money. I found a local dealer that has them in stock for $929+tax. Was quoted $865 shipped for MX4 from Tonneau Factory Outlet. Anyone have any great opinions here?

Is the Mopar an MX4 or G2 Bakflip with same seal as MX4?

Thanks.

Whether it is worth it is really subjective. I got the line x stealth installed locally and I'm thus far pleased. I paid the extra primarily because I plan on having to truck a long time and the lifetime warranty appealed to me. I also didn't want to have to screw around installing it in the frigid weather right now. The minimal extra money was worth it to me.

Ram’dit

Reaction score
I think I'm going the Line-X stealth route. I plan to drive this truck to its death. The Line-X dealer told me the lifetime end-to-end warranty covered normal wear and tear. The $929 + tax price for the stealth doesn't include installation. Dealer said I could install and still get written lifetime warranty. I think that could be a great option for me. My avalanche has 360K and still going. Just passed it down to my son. This one will get similar or more mileage.

Ram’dit

Reaction score
So I went today to pickup Line-X stealth cover and got a look at detailed warranty. It says it does not cover normal wear and tear. I thought to myself, Why would I pay more for exact same cover if it doesn’t cover normal wear and tear? To me lifetime warranty from Line-x is meaningless.

So I began my search again and found a Mopar hard tri fold cover. $765 and I pick it up on Friday.

During my search Bakflip mentioned I should look at the F1 for dent resistance and a cooler truck bed. Only problem is it’s a glossy finish. Does anyone have this cover installed on an Ivory truck? I think the gloss would look bad.

Thx

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I went today to pickup Line-X stealth cover and got a look at detailed warranty. It says it does not cover normal wear and tear. I thought to myself, Why would I pay more for exact same cover if it doesn’t cover normal wear and tear? To me lifetime warranty from Line-x is meaningless.

So I began my search again and found a Mopar hard tri fold cover. $765 and I pick it up on Friday.

During my search Bakflip mentioned I should look at the F1 for dent resistance and a cooler truck bed. Only problem is it’s a glossy finish. Does anyone have this cover installed on an Ivory truck? I think the gloss would look bad.

Thx

You could always get the Line-X guys to spray it. I've thought about doing it down the road to my MX4. I can't see them turning down money.

Hammer1

Reaction score
For those waiting on the Bakflip Revolver they are shipping. I have an appt next Sat to have mine installed

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those waiting on the Bakflip Revolver they are shipping. I have an appt next Sat to have mine installed
Lol, of course they are. I went with the Stealth after being told the Revolver wasn't going to happen until middle of summer. I'll be interested in your review when you get it. Not unhappy with mine or anything, but probably would have went the Revolver had it been available.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Lol, of course they are. I went with the Stealth after being told the Revolver wasn't going to happen until middle of summer. I'll be interested in your review when you get it. Not unhappy with mine or anything, but probably would have went the Revolver had it been available.
Did they confirm this for the new style (6 lugs) 5’7 bed? Site still shows mid year delivery.

Hammer1

Reaction score
Did they confirm this for the new style (6 lugs) 5’7 bed? Site still shows mid year delivery.
If you call Bak they will tell you that mid year is not correct. My dealer is a high volume dealer and he said it will be here next week and made my appt for sat. No idea regarding 6 lugs? i Have had this on order since Nov.

RebelRam2019

Reaction score
it's still a one piece extruded rail...just with holes drilled to allow for the allen wrench to tighten the set screws. The plastic caps plug into the holes, but do interfere a little with the rubber seal.

at the tailgate, the cover can definitely be adjusted forward/backward to allow more interface with the tailgate.
What about the rear corners and that gap? I've tried to weather strip mine with little success, they are huge gaps and Bak does not address them. Have you done anything with them or reached out to Bak?

cjmst23

Reaction score
A piece of weather strip VERTICALLY on the edges of the bed where they meet the closed tailgate solves the problem. It's a ram issue, not bak or any other cover.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
A piece of weather strip VERTICALLY on the edges of the bed where they meet the closed tailgate solves the problem. It's a ram issue, not bak or any other cover.
Do you kind posting how you mounted the weather strip to minimize water intrusion?

AngusH

Reaction score
Any experience of Lomax professional Series tonneau covers on 2019 Rams with Ramboxes?

Users who are viewing this thread