5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox (only) Tonneau

cjmst23

Reaction score
Will do.... With a pic
Truck at airport right now
As promised, here's the pic of the foam I added. This blocks all water from getting through the tailgate. This is a tailgate gap issue.... Same with most covers. BTW, notice the dimple texture from the spray in bed liner in the foam... Good seal

amazing210

Reaction score
I'm new to the group and have read through LOTS and LOTS of threads about Tonneau covers... But wanted to start one SPECIFICALLY geared towards Hard Covers for RamBox without a separate lock. I wanna use the tailgate lock to access whatever lever opens the cover....no separate key (like truxedo).
what weather stripping is used in the above photo????? anyone know

Hammer1

Reaction score
Here it is installed today

Attachments

• 20190223_121935.jpg
    20190223_121935.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 20190223_121942.jpg
    20190223_121942.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 168

Keemosabe

Reaction score
So...aside from getting the 2 vs the 4...
What’s your impression of the revolver? I’m leaning that way. I don’t even have the truck yet! Still in D1 status. Lol. From the photos, I like the look. Seems like it fits nice and flush.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What’s your impression of the revolver? I’m leaning that way. I don’t even have the truck yet! Still in D1 status. Lol. From the photos, I like the look. Seems like it fits nice and flush.
Your truck will have rear fender liners already

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the revolver the roll away type bed cover? I had a role in lock 20 years ago in my Ford sport Trac and I loved it although you did have to lubricate it every now and then. However what's the weight capacity of it if it is a rollaway? I put a 340 lb 45 gallon freshwater bladder on my bed cover to bring fresh water out to my camper when we're living on the beach in the summer

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Is the revolver the roll away type bed cover? I had a role in lock 20 years ago in my Ford sport Trac and I loved it although you did have to lubricate it every now and then. However what's the weight capacity of it if it is a rollaway? I put a 340 lb 45 gallon freshwater bladder on my bed cover to bring fresh water out to my camper when we're living on the beach in the summer

Yes roll up style with aluminum under the outer cover. Highly recommended by Morrie at TFO. Weight capacity? Not sure, have seen 200 lbs. written someplace and saw a pic of two people sitting on one, they did look pretty skinny though the Bak website might have more info. Or TFO. As others have said Morrie is a great resource of info.

Hammer1

Reaction score
Getting the 4 installed on Monday. I had the bakflip fibermax on my last truck and this is so much nicer. I like it a lot and it was worth the wait.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Getting the 4 installed on Monday. I had the bakflip fibermax on my last truck and this is so much nicer. I like it a lot and it was worth the wait.
Why was there a wait and what for?
How is it nicer?

Do you know load rating for things on top of it

Hammer1

Reaction score
Why was there a wait and what for?
How is it nicer?

Do you know load rating for things on top of it
Looks cleaner without the seams in the middle, I love how it rolls up opposed to lifting heavy sections and then having it block the back window. I think it can hold 400 lbs. I had to wait a couple of months as they were not available yet

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Not a fan of lifting and flipping and blocking the back window. Looks like the amount of space the roll up box takes is about the same of space loss with the flip up cover. It looks like that has a small piece that projects out another eight or 10 in also. Can anyone confirm

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Tonneau Factory Outlet. And Morrie is one of the customer service guys. The revolver seems to only partially block the lower portion of the rear window. From the photos I’ve seen it looks like the rolled cover takes up a bit of the open area of the bed behind the rear window. Think the flip does as well. I like the “no seam” look of the revolver better than the visible joints in the flip models. Revolver 2 vs 4 is the exterior finish I believe. 2 looks like a typical soft vinyl cover. 4 looks like a canvas convertible top. I have only seen photos so....maybe Hammer1 could post a photo or two with it rolled open?

Ram’dit

Reaction score
The revolver x4 looks really nice and functional. Are you able to close tailgate with cover closed? I’ve been looking for weight rating of cover as well. So far I haven’t located any information.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Per the Bak Industries website, the weight rating is 400 lbs. I’d imagine that refers to a total distributed weight. Found it under the x2 specs. Seems it’s only the exterior vinyl that is different x2 vs x4. 0526A5DD-F48F-4302-A996-5CF4772FB6EA.png

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Per the Bak Industries website, the weight rating is 400 lbs. I’d imagine that refers to a total distributed weight. Found it under the x2 specs. Seems it’s only the exterior vinyl that is different x2 vs x4. View attachment 17012
Thanks. Is the x to the one with the glossy finish? I would much rather than matte finish. I know people were talking about that being a difference on one brand

Users who are viewing this thread