5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

jscoc

Reaction score
haven't been on the forums all day but i can attest to and order being edited in D status, i was able to do it, in other news has any one else noticed that ram chat is offline i checked periodically through out the day so i can do my weekly chat to annoy them for an update i haven't signed up for mots yet. and last week when i went to chat too it was unavailable again has ram removed that option for contacting them?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
haven't been on the forums all day but i can attest to and order being edited in D status, i was able to do it, in other news has any one else noticed that ram chat is offline i checked periodically through out the day so i can do my weekly chat to annoy them for an update i haven't signed up for mots yet. and last week when i went to chat too it was unavailable again has ram removed that option for contacting them?

I used the online chat yesterday morning, so it was working then

Kramersp

Reaction score
And day 14 in JB status comes to a close. Calling ram tomorrow

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@CaliTex I notice you are waiting on Ramboxes as well. Order date 5/21. Yours should be one of the earlier to be released of those waiting here. Care to be added to the watch list we're keeping?

mikeofokc

Reaction score
D is the latest it can be changed, once it hits D1 you are toast. Up until then its just up to your dealer and their regional rep.

That doesnt mean it can always be changed in D, as the status updates arent always accurate...

JRS is correct. You can get things changed in D when the dealers sales manager knows the right contacts and ask. I ordered my first Limited on 5/4 and was told on 6/18 it was set to be shipped. Of course that was BS and I yanked my order and went to another dealer. Im again waiting but now have been told that there is some type of redesign issue needed and that is part of why we all delayed. Rumor now is not to expect Ram Boxes available until late September. I would assume those vehicles that show to have moved through production are delayed because of final inspection issues and getting right parts for those already built. Only those engineers on the factory floor likely have any real clue of how long this will take.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Yes. I didn't mean to say he was ahead of everyone. I think the earliest is 5/3 so your definitely near the front of the line! I'm way at the back with a 7/3 order date.
And I'm still in JB. My dealer is contacting ram today. They're pissed too. In the two weeks that truck was at the "Mopar custom shop" I could've pulled apart a boeing 737 and put it back together (literally). Just unsat

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rumor now is not to expect Ram Boxes available until late September.
Hmm... yuck. Makes more sense than the optimistic comments though, with nearly nothing moving still at least not past MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND :alien:.

One commenter on @ExcursionDiesel ’s Topix post mentioned low quality steel and rust but his myth was busted by others... another more credible sounding source stated the guys who install Ramboxes simply don’t have them because the fitment wasn’t right when the first ones showed up and engineers were worried about leaks if it wasn’t dealt with - in that case a good decision forcing a necessary and costly redesign, resulting in this long delay.

Decision: My Rambox truck in ~12-16 weeks if it gets sorted out by the vendor, or a new order for a non-Rambox truck in 7 weeks-ish? Or something else I guess, though I“m not sure if I want to do that.

I’ll tell you, for me a commitment from Ram Corporate would be nice right now maybe through @RamCares such as: Sorry, we want to get this truck design right for you, but we know these necessary delays are difficult to deal with for many reasons - once Ramboxes are ready to be produced we commit to prioritizing their production and shipping until the backlog of delayed orders is pushed through. Would doing that be so difficult? They won’t beat Chevy if they don’t get this done!

That would cover my decision, not sure about y’all as everybody is in a different situation. FCA communication and actual customer care... a pipe dream? Or maybe they’ll try it and like it. We would!

Kramersp

Reaction score
JRS is correct. You can get things changed in D when the dealers sales manager knows the right contacts and ask. I ordered my first Limited on 5/4 and was told on 6/18 it was set to be shipped. Of course that was BS and I yanked my order and went to another dealer. Im again waiting but now have been told that there is some type of redesign issue needed and that is part of why we all delayed. Rumor now is not to expect Ram Boxes available until late September. I would assume those vehicles that show to have moved through production are delayed because of final inspection issues and getting right parts for those already built. Only those engineers on the factory floor likely have any real clue of how long this will take.
Where did this late September rumor come from? If that's the case, I'm going to can my order and go elsewhere.

jscoc

Reaction score
Well the only good thing I can see from this now is better incentives, late September will be pushing order deliveries into November and December.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Well the only good thing I can see from this now is better incentives, late September will be pushing order deliveries into November and December.
That is if you still want to buy from a company with horrible customer service and runs production like a 3 ring circus.

jscoc

Reaction score
That is if you still want to buy from a company with horrible customer service and runs production like a 3 ring circus.
Who knows maybe RAM will throw us something in return for waiting like we are

YardSale

Reaction score
I'm just sitting back and relaxing until mine arrives......whenever that is. Knowing that when it arrives it will have exactly what I wanted. It also gives time for the aftermarket to catch up a little. Retrax will be offering their covers for Rambox equipped trucks in the next month or so. And they added a new rail system that allows mounting racks on top of the cover that don't interfere with the operation of the cover.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys, I had an early order in 2013 for my Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel. It was a redesign year and my wait was nearly 6 months to delivery. This isn't a new thing. The delays where EPA related and none of us knew the real reasons for most of that time. My Jeep sat in storage for months. I don't foresee this issue taking as long since it's not EPA related or a totally new drivetrain. Etorques ARE shipping. I'm sure a supplier is scrambling to fix a fitment issue and once that is done, all the trucks hung in JB will move. This is the nature of manufacturing a complex product. It's better to work out issues than ship bad product. Look at the 2018 production. That design runs through the Warren plant seamlessly because they worked out the issues at the beginning of that run.

Users who are viewing this thread