5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any chance one of the moderators might sticky the spread sheet somewhere :cool:

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have ramboxes also but stayed stagnant for 5 days now. But does this mean mine is built and ready to ship?

sgtk (Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/08/2018
Current Status: JB
D1 status date: 06/16/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 07/06/18 06:35:00 PM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/07/18 06:26:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Gate Out 07/08/18 12:45:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Gate Out 07/12/18 08:06:00 PM DETROIT MOUND ROAD YARD OFFSITE
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/13/18 11:42:00 AM DETROIT MOUND ROAD YARD OFFSITE

Have you added your self to the spreadsheet?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Follow the link and just add yourself. If you are unsure, I can do it, with your permission

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My issues is all of this waiting is costing me money. Ram's crappy production process is costing me money. I get crabby when this occurs.

How is Ram's production delay costing you money? Shouldn't it be saving you money as your not plunking down $$$ on the new truck yet?

I drove the 2018 Chevy months ago....back when that 100th anniversary edition came out. Still wasn't a fan. Drove PLENTY of F150s aside from the one's in my driveway. Ram would be worth the wait, IMO.

Kramersp

Reaction score
How is Ram's production delay costing you money? Shouldn't it be saving you money as your not plunking down $$$ on the new truck yet?

I drove the 2018 Chevy months ago....back when that 100th anniversary edition came out. Still wasn't a fan. Drove PLENTY of F150s aside from the one's in my driveway. Ram would be worth the wait, IMO.
Interest rates are going up. Plus, I'm starting to question if it's worth the wait. Lots of problems with the gen 5 ram and they are not slowing down piling up.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interest rates are going up. Plus, I'm starting to question if it's worth the wait. Lots of problems with the gen 5 ram and they are not slowing down piling up.

Ah. That's why I pulled the trigger when I did instead of waiting until later this year. Thankfully since I was an ordered vehicle, my credit union let me lock my rate for a few extra weeks to ensure I'd get the pre-increased rate.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can we all chip in 100.oo each and @Jared B uses his contacts and get us our trucks? I would. How about you?

Big business opportunity here Jared!:p

Put 5thgenrams.com on the map!

Kramersp

Reaction score
Ram has still given me the best deal. Ford was more money. I REALLY like all the ram features but if they are always failing and being a pain and unreliable, they are not worth it. Makes me nervous. I tow a bass boat over long distances. Air suspension fails or truck just shuts off then I have BIG problems.

Duane

Reaction score

OK fellas; here is an update on my eTorque/RamBox Limited: just called FCA @ 8:30 EST.....it has gone into 'JS'....who knows the implication?

I do want to add that while I enjoy the new Silverados & F150s that I get as business rentals, service loaners on the wife's SUV, etc., that my 300K '09 RAM actually rides better.
There is no masking the rudementary leaf springs in those competitors, and no excuse for still employing them in a standard pickup (IMHO).
If you can wait, and if you spend a lot of time in a truck, this new RAM should be well worth it.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK fellas; here is an update on my eTorque/RamBox Limited: just called FCA @ 8:30 EST.....it has gone into 'JS'....who knows the implication?

I do want to add that while I enjoy the new Silverados & F150s that I get as business rentals, service loaners on the wife's SUV, etc., that my 300K '09 RAM actually rides better.
There is no masking the rudementary leaf springs in those competitors, and no excuse for still employing them in a standard pickup (IMHO).
If you can wait, and if you spend a lot of time in a truck, this new RAM should be well worth it.

I've heard JS is prison, where you car goes when it is bad, ie. Quality issue. But maybe it's just going there for storage until it is transported

Duane

Reaction score
I've heard JS is prison, where you car goes when it is bad, ie. Quality issue. But maybe it's just going there for storage until it is transported

The lady said it is a good thing, that it is getting ready to ship. I don't know about that, but it IS past JB & then JE (emissions check).
Next-up in order is KZ; if/when it is moved there (or backwards) I will advise all immediately!

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
JS is normally supposed to be a good thing and shouldn’t be anything to worry about; truck is built and is in storage awaiting shipping... but some folks in the past have been stuck there awaiting parts for some reason, and shipping delays are long right now so it can feel like jail.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/order-codes-list.921/

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We've got an E-Torque with Rambox Laramie that has been on order since 5/17, it has been in JS as of 7/11, and just today had it's estimated ship date updated to 7/31. We'll see if that holds true or not.

All other E-Torque Rams are also not moving.

As for editing an order once it has a VIN, that 100% can be done, and we've done it many times.
E-torques have been moving and getting delivered daily. For editing orders numerous members have tried and got denied which makes me think Your trick isn't going to be edited either and who ever says it is, is blowing smoke up your A**

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont believe this is prison I believe from my experience with this is that its just waiting transportation

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I run a dealership, and edit the orders myself. All it requires is a call to the district manager, it has to be edited further up the line, but there is no issue with doing so.
Appears most of the time people that work/"run" a dealership know less then the actual customers regarding these trucks. How are you going to edit an order after its already been built? Hey FCA please re=paint my truck for me! I am sure that will go over well. It appears there is an issue because numerous members on here have been denied on edits right after D1 status.

Users who are viewing this thread