5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Kramersp

Reaction score
Guys, I had an early order in 2013 for my Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel. It was a redesign year and my wait was nearly 6 months to delivery. This isn't a new thing. The delays where EPA related and none of us knew the real reasons for most of that time. My Jeep sat in storage for months. I don't foresee this issue taking as long since it's not EPA related or a totally new drivetrain. Etorques ARE shipping. I'm sure a supplier is scrambling to fix a fitment issue and once that is done, all the trucks hung in JB will move. This is the nature of manufacturing a complex product. It's better to work out issues than ship bad product. Look at the 2018 production. That design runs through the Warren plant seamlessly because they worked out the issues at the beginning of that run.
Has anyone actually confirmed a fitment issue with rambox or is this just a rumor?

cjgerson

Reaction score
Here is the response on my escalated case for being in JB status for >14 days..... #whatajoke

Hello Chris! I have an update for you, Your Order is configured with RamBox Cargo Management system. Only a certain number of vehicles are being produced a day with this installed factory equipment. Order is progressing within normal guidelines for current production status. we encourage you to keep in touch with your selling dealership and you are welcome to reach out to us for further updates around the week of Aug 6th for any further information. Thank you!

Kramersp

Reaction score
Oh I'm pretty positive I'm not going to end up with a truck with Ramboxes on it at this point. Come to Jesus meeting with my dealer this afternoon in regards to this and my trade in allowance.
I'm also having the same meeting.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh I'm pretty positive I'm not going to end up with a truck with Ramboxes on it at this point. Come to Jesus meeting with my dealer this afternoon in regards to this and my trade in allowance.
Keep us posted

Kramersp

Reaction score
Having the dealer hot ticket the build. FYI, dealer just searched the entire country for a rambox equipped trucks in transit, system or delivered and it shows ZERO.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having the dealer hot ticket the build. FYI, dealer just searched the entire country for a rambox equipped trucks in transit, system or delivered and it shows ZERO.
What is the "Hot Ticket build"?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would be nice to hear more about where this rumor originated from and if there is any truth to it. A late Sept. availability, with them actually showing up around Oct/Nov is definitely longer than where I thought they would be (showing up at end of August). It won't change anything for me, but incredibly frustrating nonetheless. Particularly curious as the Rambox seemed like a feature they have experience with and shouldn't be the holdup.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard anything about September for Rambox delivery. I'll ask a guy at the plant if he's heard anything about fitment issues etc, but he works in a totally different Dept so I can't promise anything.

fact mechanic

Reaction score
Tried to order mine with Rambox last night and dealer said the option was "restricted" or "on restriction" and could not be ordered. Someone else told me they ordered theirs on Monday (different dealer in a different state) and it went through with no issues. Not trying to spread FUD, but that's what I was told.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Hot tag, hot mess, blah blah blah. FCA should issue a press release or tell the dealers the issue.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Well I had a $500 mailer that expired 7/2 and finally just received another one yesterday that expires on 8/31. Beginning to feel like that one may also be at risk!

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I had a $500 mailer that expired 7/2 and finally just received another one yesterday that expires on 8/31. Beginning to feel like that one may also be at risk!
I also think the same about mine

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm at the dealer now. Dealer connect has me back at D status...

Now looking for other options other than Ramboxes

Duane

Reaction score

FYI.....My *9 (already built) RamBox/eTorque '19 Limited (as of 45 minutes ago) is still in 'JS' status.
Maybe waiting on a rail car, maybe waiting on a missing RamBox piece?
Yes, it WOULD show some respect for the customer if FCA could offer some actual real information as to reason for a particular production status code.
If it should ship, I'll definitely advise the forum. It'd be so rare, I could (almost) auction it-off & retire to an island (LOL).
BTW, every day when I call they tell me "Congrats on your new truck".....funny stuff, indeed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/