5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer let me edit my order I had the tow mirror issue with the trailer tow group and I was able to remove it and just ask the brake controller my dealer had to send an email to there regional manager and they got it changed for me I called ram and they confirmed that tow mirrors were removed

I forwarded your post to my salesman in hopes I can get the Bed Utility Group (option code: ANT) added. It got left off due to miscommunications. I'll let everyone know if it works.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
My dealer let me edit my order I had the tow mirror issue with the trailer tow group and I was able to remove it and just ask the brake controller my dealer had to send an email to there regional manager and they got it changed for me I called ram and they confirmed that tow mirrors were removed

I had a VIN assigned and then realized the dealer didn't copy the body color bumper on my order sheet. They said they got the order amended, but I did not as if there was a new VIN provided. I ordered 3 weeks ago and am waiting until around Friday before contacting the dealer for an update. I planned on asking the dealer if my VIN was still the original they gave me.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a VIN assigned and then realized the dealer didn't copy the body color bumper on my order sheet. They said they got the order amended, but I did not as if there was a new VIN provided. I ordered 3 weeks ago and am waiting until around Friday before contacting the dealer for an update. I planned on asking the dealer if my VIN was still the original they gave me.

Sounds like I just went to the back of the line with a new VIN. Maybe your dealer re-ordered instead? @jscoc Did you keep your same VIN?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread and didn't get any response so maybe it's better to put this here. Can someone explain to me why, if a vehicle has been ordered but not yet entered "the line," why the order can't be changed/updated? I understand there being some issues once the VIN is assigned (like color) but other changes (i.e. options) that don't significantly change the vehicle shouldn't (IMHO) prohibit updating an order if it hasn't entered production.

Once a VIN is assigned parts have been ordered and it can't be modified. It's in que - even if that que is weeks down the road. Other brands are the same way. If you modified it after the VIN was issued, chances are your dealer placed a new order.

jscoc

Reaction score
Sounds like I just went to the back of the line with a new VIN. Maybe your dealer re-ordered instead? @jscoc Did you keep your same VIN?
From what I know my dealer didn't reorder, my original POC shows the trailer tow group on it but when I call ram and give them the vin it just shows trailer brake control now, also I thought I called ram last night but turns out I called Chrysler customer service and I can say they are a hell of a lot more helpful and less blunt with there scripted messages, she looked into my order and pulled up the order with my name and dealer number

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a whole new order

Neocane

Reaction score
I could be wrong...but I think they were looking for inside info...covert ops kinda stuff. Insiders on all forums have been quiet, some because the info they give is ridiculed and some because no one takes time to read amd comprehend what they say before making an opinion and some because, well, see my post above.

I both read and comprehended your post. We want someone on the inside to tell us just what exactly the holdup is. The young man who got his truck quick has a relative on the inside and might know. I was simply stating that he himself didn’t order anything that is holding the rest of us up. I should have been more clear in my response. My bad.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is hard sometimes having these Internet conversations. You sometimes have to give a little more than a normal reply. Sometimes why we get confused in our heads we just gave a great answer...but it was to the wrong question. All is good. The forum has brought lots of answers and there will be more questions.

We have a few insiders that are lurking and enjoying dropping tidbits. You just have to make sure you read everything, and contemplate it for a second.

cjgerson

Reaction score

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update: Just got an email from the dealership. My truck is allegedly in framing. MOTS still shows D1. I would hope that they would not start building a truck if it is just going to sit there afterwards waiting for the Ramboxes. There could be a slight glimmer of hope for all of us that the Rambox issue (if that is the holdup) has been resolved. However, I would advise you guys to check with your own sales people to see what they tell you. As I said previously, I will believe it when I see it.
@Boatjockey brother loooook! :eek:
[email protected] (Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4 - Ivory)
Date ordered: 05/07/2018
Current Status: I
D1 status date: 06/16/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 07/18/18 10:24:00 AM

Last edited:

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Then it goes to JB and sits forever
Aw c’mon @Kramersp at prisoner training they taught us to celebrate little victories whenever possible. Have hope or give up (and I never give up)... maybe you’ll get outta jail next, hope so.

Honestly though if I was frozen in JB while others moved I’d probably feel the same.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Then it goes to JB and sits forever
@cjgerson @Kramersp and everybody on the topic of these Rambox delays, I was pondering those frozen Rambox trucks today, and wondering what the problem with the trucks was, and thinking about the exact person who must have detected that problem, and had to actually raise the alarm and slam them, and ALL Rambox trucks, to a screeching halt.

That must have been a hard thing to do, and only someone who cares about the quality of the trucks rolling out to their customers (and therefore cares about us customers) would have done it... cares more than they care about themselves being looked at badly or getting in trouble.

I like to think about stuff like that... it gets me out of my box of impatient misery (@Jus Cruisin maybe that’s what you were pointing out earlier). If I knew that person, despite the delays caused, I’d buy them a brewski.

(If that person is on this forum for the love of all that’s holy don’t tell anyone it was you. Just PM me. BeerCheersEmoji)

Last edited:

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most likely there is a supplier behind but whatever part or assembly they produce doesn't create a no build situation. Obviously, the trucks were built and will be finished once whatever that part is arrives and passes qc.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Here is the latest update I got. Sounds to me like at least some portion of the Rambox installation is done at the body vendor. @Jared B got any insiders who can confirm?

"All 2019 Ram 1500 orders with the Cargo Management system are seeing extra time in production to accommodate the installation of this system
into the vehicle. I show your order has progressed to this stage and is scheduling to have this process completed shortly."

Kramersp

Reaction score
Here is the latest update I got. Sounds to me like at least some portion of the Rambox installation is done at the body vendor. @Jared B got any insiders who can confirm?

"All 2019 Ram 1500 orders with the Cargo Management system are seeing extra time in production to accommodate the installation of this system
into the vehicle. I show your order has progressed to this stage and is scheduling to have this process completed shortly."
That's similar to the response I recieved.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Well you all talk about jail, let me tell no need to be in a hurry to get built. My truck has been built for almost a month and still not shipped. The most aggravating part of this is my truck is being shipped by truck 200 miles south of where its sitting right now. Do you guys might want to temper expectations a speedy delivery.
AriesRam (Ram 1500 Longhorn CC 4x4 - Black)
Date ordered: 05/12/2018
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 06/01/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 06/27/18 06:14:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/27/18 04:15:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/29/18 01:43:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/29/18 08:56:00 PM DETROIT AXLE YARD OFFSITE
Production Status KZ Received 06/30/18 12:00:00 AM

Duane

Reaction score
That's similar to the response I recieved.

OK.....here is some possible good news for those waiting for eTorque & RamBox '19s.....
I called 2x yesterday; suddenly, mine is in 'G' status (trim).
As I haven't set-up my vehicle profile, mine was ordered on 05/08 & went into D on 06/15 and stayed there until yesterday. It is 2WD, Ivory Tri-Coat, limited slip, OWL 20s, eTorque, Ram Box, Sunroof, folding tonneau cover, bed divider/convenience packages, Level-1 Equipment Group, Indigo Frost interior.
I had been getting the same semi-form updates from FCA regarding slow RamBox productions, etc. Of amusing note, I actually received on 07/17/18 an e-mail FCA update telling me that my new Plymouth Sundance was still in 'D1' status (no kidding).
I hope for similar positive developments very quickly for each of you.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2nd escalation case with Ram went like this this morning. "Call back in 2-3 weeks"

That sums it up!

LMAO

Day 73 D Status

Users who are viewing this thread