5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The two in body vendor had me questioning how they build the RamBox versions. Obviously the spray in bedliner goes last so I'm thinking they go through the normal factory with just the steel bed and gaping holes where the inside sidewalls are missing along with the RamBox lids. Then someone (maybe the body vendor?) installs the RamBox plastic box from the bed side and then the screw on the steel inside side walls?

Would be great to see a video of them being built. Possible a DS RamBox build video exists?

I've also wondered how they would repair a cracked plastic box once built. That also leads me to wonder what other room is available inside those removeable inside side walls under and around the RamBox boxes?

TDubyaDubya

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Ordered 5/12. Limited, RB, E-Torque. Backrow71 on MOTS. Was told last week that I've only been in D status for 18 days.

Foxman

Reaction score
Foxman here:

Ordered my Ivory Longhorn RAMBOX+ETorque on 5/1/2019. I'm in D1.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Foxman here:
Ordered my Ivory Longhorn RAMBOX+ETorque on 5/1/2019. I'm in D1.
Did you order the first day possible? If you aren’t moving forward then probably no one really is yet.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guess is that the company that supplies the Rambox internal liners/parts had a QC issue or something.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All Ram had to do was let everyone know what the holdup was, especially their dealers. They could have then said "we'll throw in a free RAM baseball cap for the extra wait" and folks would have been talking up how great Ram handled the situation.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Yeah so I've been at in JB status since noon on Monday 7/9, and at the body vendor since 9:30 pm on Monday. Not sure what in the world is taking so long at the body vendor?

Date ordered: 05/02/2018
Current Status: JB
D1 status date: 06/16/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 07/09/18 06:20:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/09/18 12:16:00 PM STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/09/18 09:29:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND

1Raider

Reaction score
All Ram had to do was let everyone know what the holdup was, especially their dealers. They could have then said "we'll throw in a free RAM baseball cap for the extra wait" and folks would have been talking up how great Ram handled the situation.

Yea it bugs the hell out of me also.. Seems like someone could find out some more info for us that's on the "inside".. Its not like its top secret or anything geez..

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah so I've been at in JB status since noon on Monday 7/9, and at the body vendor since 9:30 pm on Monday. Not sure what in the world is taking so long at the body vendor?
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 07/09/18 09:29:00 PM MOPAR CUSTOM SHOP OPERATIONS BODY_VEND

Yep, your build is one of the more interesting ones CJ, indicating where the speculated unknown problem was discovered. Hopefully nothing to do with the truck body, so maybe you’re just waiting for the third party to sort their bidness out like the rest of us.

How about this hypothesis, completely dreamed up by me on my couch with zero evidence except my imagination: Truck bodies roll off the line, and the actual measurements of the box area differed from what the vendor designed their parts for resulting in the “drop in pieces” not dropping in (or dropping through whoops)... forcing a rapid redesign and reproduction of all Rambox parts. Only the dudes inside know... please don’t consider this anything other than wild speculation!

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Anyone with Ramboxes who wants to share their order progress please post your trucks status here. Indicate if it has E-torque as well. These two options have been causing big delays. By knowing who has Ramboxes and E-torque we can see who's moving forward in MOTS.

Mine was order 07/03 and is still a "New Order". Rambox and E-torque.
Limited, Rambox, eTorque. Ordered 5/7, D status for 40 days, D1 since 6/16. FCA/Ram claims I am scheduled for build week of July 23rd. I've heard that same build story for the end of June so I will not hold my breath this time (last time my wife said I looked more blue than a Smurf so I will breathe normally this time).

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might have held out for some free mud flaps! :)

But seriously, we all just want the truth. Can it be so hard to do that for LOYAL customers shelling out 55k-65k for a new truck?

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@YoAdrian ... Your scenario for the delays is something that happens all the time. I work as a consultant for several manufacturers that supply to the auto industry. Stuff like this is fairly common. Think of the number of parts in a vehicle and how they all must fit. It's a miracle they are as well constructed as they are. The quality control measures my customers take are painstaking. The fines for a shipping a bad part are severe and actually delaying production is devastating.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@YoAdrian ... Your scenario for the delays is something that happens all the time. I work as a consultant for several manufacturers that supply to the auto industry. Stuff like this is fairly common. Think of the number of parts in a vehicle and how they all must fit. It's a miracle they are as well constructed as they are. The quality control measures my customers take are painstaking. The fines for a shipping a bad part are severe and actually delaying production is devastating.

Agreed. I know when I was working at at Tier 1 supplier we were told it was about $100,000 per hour for shutting down an automotive assembly line

cjgerson

Reaction score

I guess another plausible delay would be the vendor waiting for parts, for example they haven't received the power running boards from the supplier

swamprabbit

Reaction score
My guess is that the company that supplies the Rambox internal liners/parts had a QC issue or something.

Laramie Longhorn CC 4x4 with ram boxes , etorque, power running boards, air ride suspension ordered on 6/19 still in new order status.

Users who are viewing this thread