5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

1Raider

Reaction score
Usually there is someone on the "Inside" that lets a few select people know what's going on etc but we haven't been able to get that "Insider" info other than a few pictures from the holding lot to drool over with these trucks..
Been able to get it when the new 17" SuperDuty's was 1st being built along with the new Hellcat's even got someone that had video of the cars coming out of the factory before being loaded on a carrier which was very cool..

Maybe not as much excitement with this truck to get the coverage IDK.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm am back in D for the 3rd time on Day 71. Or it could be that I have been in D all along as MOTS has never once showed me in D1. I was escalated for the 2nd time last Friday. I Still have not got a response from Ram via email or phone.. FWIW they escalated me this time. I didn't request it. I have given up getting any answer as to why the delay on my truck.

I called yesterday for giggles. As soon as the rep saw the order, he started escalation without me asking also...take that for what it it's work also. Week 11

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like your dealership isn't doing their best for you.
My dealership has been terrific, I would recommend them so far; I’m referencing the many other people who have been waiting much longer than I, and whose dealers simply aren’t provided any of the information or messages they would need to soothe customer worries about potential truck problems at delivery or explain unexpected lengthy delays.

When something is wrong I like to know it’s been fixed, don’t you? For instance, might these delays relate to vehicle problems that may be experienced at delivery? Paint match problems? Waterproofing/sealing problems? Caps coming loose? Inverter wiring or electronic problems? Bed liner peeling? All plausible, and all eliminated from consideration with one factual explanation and a fix. Easy!

I don’t blame you for supporting the manufacturer though, you are right that these challenges are typical, and this behavior by the manufacturer is as well... No doubt the manufacturer is doing a challenging thing with a new truck launch, but it would be great if they could keep their customers satisfied while waiting.

All that being said, I finally just received their bonus discount in my email, so maybe this is their idea of needed communication. Works for me. (y)

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From a SHAP worker: "There coming. Seen several lately."
Next post there is not so positive alluding to rust problems. Honestly though neither post is worth counting on until more info confirms. Lots of interesting info but unfortunately lots of unpleasant comments too. But I like your idea to go open source collecting a lot @ExcursionDiesel something is up and the answer is likely known by plenty. You should be an intel officer.

Off topic, but after scanning that forum I am ever so grateful for the respectful members of this forum from all backgrounds and likely of very different social religious and political viewpoints. Here’s to hoping we continue to respect each other, and talk trucks. @Jared B and all site mods, keep up the good work. [Insert beer cheers emoji here];)

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not trying to take sides. Just trying to put a different view into the mix.

I still think the dealer should be able to contact the plant manager and get some information. I was able to contact every plant manager of every model my dealership sold BUT that seems to be a different life now. ;)

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Usually there is someone on the "Inside" that lets a few select people know what's going on etc but we haven't been able to get that "Insider" info other than a few pictures from the holding lot to drool over with these trucks..
Been able to get it when the new 17" SuperDuty's was 1st being built along with the new Hellcat's even got someone that had video of the cars coming out of the factory before being loaded on a carrier which was very cool..

Maybe not as much excitement with this truck to get the coverage IDK.
There was a rumor that after the leaked photos from the family day, then the leaked photos from the demon...where you could almost make out reflections...to the Ram leaked photos where you could make out reflections....then the leaked JL photo where you could make out people...and then the YouTube video showing an unauthorized user in the widebody cars...

Alot of the inside info went quiet. No one has confirmed this, but my guess is FCA was able to figure out who took some of these pics, and who loaned the vehicle and made an example of someone.
My workplace has done this a few times with facebook posts.

Even Dodge theirselves screwed up the Redeye reveal by accidentally releasing the info at the bottom of the charger info.

Just my thoughts, since the topic came up.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cheryl at Ram Chat just gave me my VIN. She said she hasn't been informed of any Rambox delays. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cheryl has noise cancelling headphones apparently, or her head in the sand.

I'm sure FCA doesn't communicate production delays to the chat crew. They probably have a screen with the equivalent of MOTS data to look at. Since they aren't ordering a truck, they are less motivated than us. They just pass along the status.

I did get my VIN. Thats progress, right? Lol.

YardSale

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread and didn't get any response so maybe it's better to put this here. Can someone explain to me why, if a vehicle has been ordered but not yet entered "the line," why the order can't be changed/updated? I understand there being some issues once the VIN is assigned (like color) but other changes (i.e. options) that don't significantly change the vehicle shouldn't (IMHO) prohibit updating an order if it hasn't entered production.

jscoc

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread and didn't get any response so maybe it's better to put this here. Can someone explain to me why, if a vehicle has been ordered but not yet entered "the line," why the order can't be changed/updated? I understand there being some issues once the VIN is assigned (like color) but other changes (i.e. options) that don't significantly change the vehicle shouldn't (IMHO) prohibit updating an order if it hasn't entered production.
My dealer let me edit my order I had the tow mirror issue with the trailer tow group and I was able to remove it and just ask the brake controller my dealer had to send an email to there regional manager and they got it changed for me I called ram and they confirmed that tow mirrors were removed

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He got his truck quick, BUT it had it had neither rambox nor etorque.
I could be wrong...but I think they were looking for inside info...covert ops kinda stuff. Insiders on all forums have been quiet, some because the info they give is ridiculed and some because no one takes time to read amd comprehend what they say before making an opinion and some because, well, see my post above.

Users who are viewing this thread