5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jared B you may want to update the article on the front page reflecting these Rambox delays... though technically Ramboxes started production, they aren’t moving any closer. At this point the headline really needs to be amended to be accurate; Rambox trucks started production but have been halted for an unknown reason and for an unknown period of time. We need some hype tempering here... well I do at least.

Ram claims via messaging to a few individual customers production will recommence in July but there is no evidence yet of it happening. No explanation has been offered. Have any press outlets asked them to comment on it? I know, cue the pessimists (realists?)... I’m dreamin if I think we’ll get actual answers.

Kramersp

Reaction score
I just emailed Ram about the hold up. JB status over a week. Not acceptable. I need my truck by mid August. If it isnt shipped in time, I'm going to have to go with another brand. I dont want to bu I ordered the truck on May 8th! Gimme my truck!

Boatjockey

Reaction score
I just emailed Ram about the hold up. JB status over a week. Not acceptable. I need my truck by mid August. If it isnt shipped in time, I'm going to have to go with another brand. I dont want to bu I ordered the truck on May 8th! Gimme my truck!
I ordered a day before you and I am still in D1 limbo. So is Snowman, Slim, and a few others. Just like you, I am debating cancelling but I will wait to see if they actually keep their word and build it next week. It is getting more ridiculous every day with the FCA / Ram failure to communicate with their customers and even the dealerships. As a business owner I know my customers appreciate quality communication and I feel that FCA/ Ram has completely failed in this regard.

YardSale

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why, if a vehicle has been ordered but not yet entered "the line," why the order can't be changed/updated? I understand there being some issues once the VIN is assigned (like color) but other changes (i.e. options) that don't significantly change the vehicle shouldn't (IMHO) prohibit updating an order if it hasn't entered production.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Got a emai back from RAM. B/S canned response talking about delivery times and that they can be extended. Didnt answer a single question. I get better customer service from McDonalds.

Kramersp

Reaction score
If it ain't KZ this week (or an explanation explaining why it isnt) then I'm out.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at all of the delayed orders the one consistent option is the rambox. There are a lot of parts needed for the assembly and all it takes is one sub-supplier to have an issue and the orders are dead in the water. It's obvious that they are doing their best to get those orders as far along as possible with hopes the offending part will become available and the ordered trucks can be expedited.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I really like my Rambox in my 2014 but with all the delays I am looking at something different. So Ramboxes are $1295 up here in Canada then add a tonneau cover(looking at the Bakflip MX4-haven't priced it yet but my G2 was $850 when I bought it) so looking at probably $1200-1300 for MX4 so that brings it up to $2500+. I have been looking at the Diamondback 270 cover with the optional side bins. Any thoughts??

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Kramersp
I'd go to your dealership and sit down with the GM and go through his inventory, on the ground and shipped, to see if there's something that would suit you. He could also look at neighboring dealers, too. If you say you are going to cancel and buy another brand, it would be out of existing inventory and not special ordered, just do the sane with Ram

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Update: Just got an email from the dealership. My truck is allegedly in framing. MOTS still shows D1. I would hope that they would not start building a truck if it is just going to sit there afterwards waiting for the Ramboxes. There could be a slight glimmer of hope for all of us that the Rambox issue (if that is the holdup) has been resolved. However, I would advise you guys to check with your own sales people to see what they tell you. As I said previously, I will believe it when I see it.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm am back in D for the 3rd time on Day 71. Or it could be that I have been in D all along as MOTS has never once showed me in D1. I was escalated for the 2nd time last Friday. I Still have not got a response from Ram via email or phone.. FWIW they escalated me this time. I didn't request it. I have given up getting any answer as to why the delay on my truck.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's obvious that they are doing their best
I agree mostly @Jus Cruisin, but this portion is not true... with the lack of communication on these matters it is NOT obvious they are doing their best. That’s the problem... and the reason why they may lose some of their orders. A little frank and honest communication would go a long way right now.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree mostly @Jus Cruisin, but this portion is not true... with the lack of communication on these matters it is NOT obvious they are doing their best. That’s the problem... and the reason why they may lose some of their orders. A little frank and honest communication would go a long way right now.

Manufacturers typically don't deal directly with consumers. The onus is on the dealer. That's what the dealership is for and should be doing. It sounds like your dealership isn't doing their best for you.

Now as far as promises made by the greenhorn call center people...... That's not right. But realize you are likely getting in touch with fresh out of college entry-level personnel for the most part.....

Cancelled orders will be sold to someone else. Everytime there is a major model update like this with supplier start up issues, which there always is, feeling get hurt, anxious buyers get wound up, etc. Same things have been going on with the new Corvette ZR1 and when the Raptor came out.

Last edited:

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Manufacturers typically don't deal directly with consumers. The onus is on the dealer. That's what the dealership is for and should be doing. It sounds like your dealership isn't doing their best for you.

Now as far as promises made by the greenhorn call center people...... That's not right. But realize you are likely getting in touch with fresh out of college entry-level personnel for the most part.....

Cancelled orders will be sold to someone else. Everytime there is a major model update like this with supplier start up issues, which there always is, feeling get hurt, anxious buyers get wound up, etc. Same things have been going on with the new Corvette ZR1 and when the Raptor came out.
I agree that the manufacturer may not be inclined to deal with the individual consumer. However, in this case the manufacturer has failed completely in communicating it's production issues not just with the consumer but also with the dealerships and the media. Honest and reliable communication would be acceptable whether good or bad. No communication is not acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread